Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

XO is just the ultimate badass. This new version ups the ante that much more over past iterations. I cant wait to see him cross paths with Bloodshot.
    Marvel: Hickman's Avengers books
    DC: Azzarello's WonderWoman
    Valiant: X-O Manowar
    Other: Hellboy, Fables, Spawn, Savage Dragon, Prophet

This issue just proved that Venditti has found his footing and is now running at a steady pace. Hairsine knocked it out of the park as well. You really do get a sense as to why the Vine are scared of Shanhara being under the control of an "animal". The action was dynamic, and I especially loved when Aric really used the lightning sword as he stated that the ground was Visigoth turf. I liked that Shanhara keeps surprising us with new abilities as it bonds further with Aric.

Planet Death is going to be incredible.

NEW VALIANT blog is up! Manga4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unity808 View Post

Planet Death is going to be incredible.
    Yes. Yes it is.

And we've only got about 3 short weeks left until it starts.

God help us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Manga4life View Post
    Yes. Yes it is.

And we've only got about 3 short weeks left until it starts.

God help us all.
    *trembles with excitement*

Quote Originally Posted by Unity808 View Post
    This issue just proved that Venditti has found his footing and is now running at a steady pace.
    I agree with that ! You're absolutely right. Venditti is a great writer, and he knows very well where he is going, and why, and how.
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

The interaction between Aric and Xylem has really gotten me excited to see these two lock horns in battle and I have the odd feeling that Xylem is more powerful than we may think him to be. I also have the odd feeling that the priests are somehow going to end up helping Earth in the battle at some point because they don't want to see the armor destroyed, it's a weird gut feeling I've been having after reading this amazing issue 3 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    XO is just the ultimate badass. This new version ups the ante that much more over past iterations. I cant wait to see him cross paths with Bloodshot.
    Me too, that would be so awesome!
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

In France, we have to wait thursday to read it ! The time to travel by plane, and after by train until my little town...
    Avengers, New Av., Mighty Av., Secret Av., Uncanny Av., Young Av., Inhumanity, Thor God of Thunder, Wolverine.

This issue was the first issue i had this series in my pull list and it was nice start. XO action,powers is pretty awesome. Im liking the development of the Armour and invasion coming.

This Planet of Death? Is it happening only in this series or it also some crossover ?
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    This issue was the first issue i had this series in my pull list and it was nice start. XO action,powers is pretty awesome. Im liking the development of the Armour and invasion coming.

This Planet of Death? Is it happening only in this series or it also some crossover ?
    Just in this book, not a crossover, but the story is supposed to have repercussions in the other VALIANT books.
    VALIANT, Saga, Chew, Manhattan Projects, Revival, East of West, Locke & Key, Hawkeye, Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySig View Post
    Just in this book, not a crossover, but the story is supposed to have repercussions in the other VALIANT books.
    Hehe first time in long long time, i wanted more comics of the same series. I wanted a crossover so i could be reading 2-3 XO Manowar oriented comics in a month. Usually i hate these kind of stories in Marvel,DC as forced events.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Hehe first time in long long time, i wanted more comics of the same series. I wanted a crossover so i could be reading 2-3 XO Manowar oriented comics in a month. Usually i hate these kind of stories in Marvel,DC as forced events.
    Picture throwing a rock into a pond. When the rock hits the water it's going to land in a very specific spot but it will also cause ripples throughout the rest of the general area, picture Planet Death being like that. The story will take place within the specific spot the rock was thrown (X-O) but the effects will be felt throughout the general area where the lock landed (the rest of the Valiant line). :)

X-O is just pure awesome month after month. Lots of great set up here and plenty of badass action. This has quickly become one of my favorite books. Valliant does the shared universe thing so well that I can't wait to see how this spills over into the rest of the titles. Brilliant book with top knotch writing and art. You know, what you get in every Valliant book :)