View Poll Results: What did you think of Ultimates #20?

Voters
32. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Great! Can't wait for the next issue!

4 12.50%
  • Good. I enjoy where this story is going.

12 37.50%
  • Meh. Could have been better, but I didn't hate it.

11 34.38%
  • Bad. I don't really care for this story.

2 6.25%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I never thought the day would come when I'd find something on 4chan to QFT but when it comes to the whole Infinity Gem problem for Sue:

A similar thought came to mind when I was reading the issue.
    It's actually quite hilarious. I don't know if Sue is married or not but if this whole Thor/Susan thing keeps on going on then I mean come on! What else will Ben think. She is always F&cking cheating. Unless She dumped Ben which I wouldn't be surprised since that marriage proposal came out of the effing blue.

I am just echoing what has already been said in this thread but this issue left a lot to be desired. I like the idea of Shield v Hydra and I like the mystery of why Fury is working from the inside of Hydra, but the words that come out of the characters mouths just completely take me out of the story. Cap doing laps with soldiers made me cringe, not the idea of him running laps, but his dialogue. I also am not a huge fan of the name Crimson Commander, it sounds like it belongs in the 80's GI Joe cartoon not in the Ultimates.

I also felt that the "secret base" where the Wakos are being stored should have had some type of security. Before it was completely off the map but we saw that it's location had been discovered so I found it odd that whoever is in charge of the base would still leave one lone doctor to supervise it, especially given the recent state of events.

I'm beginning to think that I just won't be able to get on board with Humphries as a writer. I even gave his Uncanny X-Force #1 a try today and while it was better than his work on Ultimates it was not what I would call enjoyable. I wish him all the best but I hope they take him off Ultimates sooner rather than later.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by TheUltimates09 View Post
    this was ok and yaay for the return of Hawkeye crappy a$$ purple costume.
    You know I decided that that costume would be awesome if it was black/dark gray with red in it. Also get rid of the stupid target on his forehead.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I am just echoing what has already been said in this thread but this issue left a lot to be desired. I like the idea of Shield v Hydra and I like the mystery of why Fury is working from the inside of Hydra, but the words that come out of the characters mouths just completely take me out of the story. Cap doing laps with soldiers made me cringe, not the idea of him running laps, but his dialogue. I also am not a huge fan of the name Crimson Commander, it sounds like it belongs in the 80's GI Joe cartoon not in the Ultimates.

I also felt that the "secret base" where the Wakos are being stored should have had some type of security. Before it was completely off the map but we saw that it's location had been discovered so I found it odd that whoever is in charge of the base would still leave one lone doctor to supervise it, especially given the recent state of events.

I'm beginning to think that I just won't be able to get on board with Humphries as a writer. I even gave his Uncanny X-Force #1 a try today and while it was better than his work on Ultimates it was not what I would call enjoyable. I wish him all the best but I hope they take him off Ultimates sooner rather than later.
    Yah I read Uncanny X-force. It was... weird to say the least. If anything it just goes to show he is trying to copy off of Loeb. I mean come on when did incest become acceptable in comics. lol although technically it was with him/her self.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Yah I read Uncanny X-force. It was... weird to say the least. If anything it just goes to show he is trying to copy off of Loeb. I mean come on when did incest become acceptable in comics. lol although technically it was with him/her self.
    I considered it masturbation lol
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

On Vacation

I considered it masturbation lol
    Really? I have never masturbated to thoughts or images of myself. im not that egomaniacal. lolololololoololololololololololololol. this got off-topic really fast. we should probably move this discussion to the off-topic thread.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 01-23-2013 at 06:49 PM.

You know I decided that that costume would be awesome if it was black/dark gray with red in it. Also get rid of the stupid target on his forehead.
    Speaking of rehashed uniforms, why is Sue still in a Fantastic Four suit? I understand like Reed she needs something to wear while doing science-y things but can't she wear one without the large 4 on her chest or did Reed make it a permanent feature of their uniforms?

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Really? I have never masturbated to thoughts or images of myself. im not that egomaniacal. lolololololoololololololololololololol. this got off-topic really fast. we should probably move this discussion to the off-topic thread.
    Lol yea after all, we'd need an entire topic just to try to answer the age old question of if hooking up with your opposite sex clone counts as incest or masturbation.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

I would have liked this issue if it wasn't for the fact Hawkeye had to act like an idiot, he knew he should have knocked out Nails, but now we got this incredibly forced situation where the good guys are completely confused due to Hawkeye forgetting his years of training.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Anyone else notice how now the story is that Hawkeye knew Fury since the Iraq war despite the story being that he knew Fury since the Gulf War back in Ultimate Comics: Hawkeye?
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Anyone else notice how now the story is that Hawkeye knew Fury since the Iraq war despite the story being that he knew Fury since the Gulf War back in Ultimate Comics: Hawkeye?
    That's what he was referring to.
    Comics are more better.

This is the best issue in Humphries' run so far. The storyline is good, the characters are (pretty) good, the dialogue is ok and the action was solid. It's a definite turn around and one I hope he sticks to.

I would note, though, that Humphries seems to continue to be very weak in handling Cap and Iron Man. Which is a major concern. Thor has been completely bi-polar for some time due to the massive changes in how he's written, so it's not as big a deal with him - but Cap is playing out like a cheesy cartoon version of himself, while Tony just continues down a path of sheer, abject ludicrousness. It's not even just in the dialogue with these two, it's in their entire characterisation. Millar's Cap would never have even taken the presidency - or if he had, he'd have abdicated as soon as the job of reunification was done - so it's already wildly out of character for Cap to be asserting himself in the role so much. But crappy lines like "and that's an order from your president" to a bunch of SHIELD nobodies he's randoming running around the helicarrier, or blindly declaring that he goes out and kills Nick Fury are just jarringly bad.

Tony talking to his 'tumour' is likewise absurd and lame and needs to be taken out of the picture as soon as possible.

BUT - more issues like this, and despite those problems, I'd still be pretty happy.

The Gulf War was in Iraq.

That parody of the White House reaction to the Bin Laden raid was classic.
    #RallyForMarkHunt

I wonder, since theres the Infinity Gems, if theres going to be an Ultimate Illuminati.