Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Hickman needs to stop teasing me. Just say that Monica Rambeau is Cap U. How can you give her the same awesome hairstyle and not have it be Monica. Great issue. Opena is just the best in the biz right now. Hickman is making smart comics, and I appreciate it.
    In all fairness I don't think Monica has that hairstyle anymore. I think she's going with dred locks these days.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huthaifa View Post
    Hickman needs to stop teasing me. Just say that Monica Rambeau is Cap U. How can you give her the same awesome hairstyle and not have it be Monica. Great issue. Opena is just the best in the biz right now. Hickman is making smart comics, and I appreciate it.
    Considering it seems like the UP lobotomised the host, I'm kind of glad it's not Monica.
    Bad news everyone...

The art is fantastic, my only complaint being the Hulk looks too simian. He looks like the Hulk in Earth X...

Can't see why I should keep picking this up, as the story is obscure. If I knew who CU was and her relationship to these 3 characters, fine. But to just introduce them, and not say who they are is astounding. Kirby did this in the early Inhumans run, introducing Medusa as a mystery woman, and then a few persuers and lastly a Seeker guy, till they prevealed Black Bolt. But apparently the Avengers were allies with this CU person, so somebody knew who she was and what she is doing here, but we don't. It seems like a very relevant part of the story.

Some things that seem to be predicted - the Avengers Planet is the first of many Avengers Planets to follow?
    Also, Adam is a mixture of the Gardeners and a human, and they are taking him back to earth, just because he is mix Earthling? Not a good idea. So Adam is going to be another Warlock, like Him made by AIM? Oh this won't turn out too bad.

I don't know that the mystery in the story isn't right, but the anticipation for what comes next is all wrong. I want the writer to foretell the things that were unsaid in the first arc as being important. Right now, we just yawn about the siblings stranded on Mars, because, apparently all their blathering about Universe changes was just all hot air. What I wanted was for the siblings to say, stopping them was a huge mistake, because this other thing will happen. But pie lover just pats them on the head and tells them, that mummy doesn't want too.
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-23-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Visited NY and DC and saw Spider-Man Turn off the Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Pretty sure she lived on a farm according to one of the preview pages for an upcoming issue. So baking pies come with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Captain Universe possesses individuals in great times of need to combat...stuff.
    Thanks for answering. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Part of me wishes there was commentary for this book.

Not that I'm not understanding or enjoying it on my own... but I can't help but think there are probably multiple levels to this book that I'm just plain not smart enough to completely catch.
    I hear you.

So, question for anyone who's more up on their Shi'ar lore than I.

Smashers natively have super-strength and durability (ditto other members with their most iconic abilities) while getting the rest of their powers from the suits, right?

Or does it all come from the suits?

I mean, I'd think they would, like the Legion, select specifically fo super-powered people, else there wouldn't be much distinguishing them from any ol' Shi'ar army unit that could be given the same equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    So, question for anyone who's more up on their Shi'ar lore than I.

Smashers natively have super-strength and durability (ditto other members with their most iconic abilities) while getting the rest of their powers from the suits, right?

Or does it all come from the suits?

I mean, I'd think they would, like the Legion, select specifically fo super-powered people, else there wouldn't be much distinguishing them from any ol' Shi'ar army unit that could be given the same equipment.
    Surprisingly enough, as obscure a character as him has got got a wiki. Maybe this will help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smasher_%28comics%29

were people expecting something different from these three issues? Hickman likes to play the long game. his Fantastic Four/FF run was great, but its not something you can just half ass read. you have to pay attention.

BANNED

Can Sunspot wait till after the mission to hit on a white gurl

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Can Sunspot wait till after the mission to hit on a white gurl
    Nope, that's the way Sunspot is.

BTW; the coming 3 isseus will fiocus on Cap U, Hyperion and the new Smasher. I'm curious on the Smasher, how she got this strong, while all others were easy to kill? All Smashers were of the same race you know.

Also, the 18 (or was it already cionfirmed 24) are not complete at all. Wonder when other come in and if anyone knows if any are cionfirmed yet to come?
    We have a new King...!

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

I don't know. Issue wasn't bad, but it seemed like an easy win.

I'm sure Hickman will explain in the next arc what the new Smasher, Hyperion and Captain Universe are doing there. It's something that kept taking me out of the story.
    Anyway, I felt the art carried the story a bit, but it's a promising start. Sunspot was quite good, but many members didn't even get a single line in - I'm not complaining, it's something to expect when there are so many members.
    Cap's line was corny as hell, though.

Probably my fave book of the week, I've really loved the tone and scope of this arc. Fascinated by Smasher and can't wait to see and learn lots more in next few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don't know. Issue wasn't bad, but it seemed like an easy win.
    When you've got a team that powerful and in full force, you can expect an occasional easy win.

Seriously, you need a freaking Galactus to slow that group down.