Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Fialkov Breathes Life into "I, Vampire" & "Alpha"

Joshua Hale Fialkov hints that everyone dies in the final four issues of his acclaimed DC Comics series "I, Vampire" and also spoke to CBR about his "Alpha" miniseries at Marvel.

Full article here.

Andrew will probably die and Mary gets to live to be in the other unrelated book!!!

Oh, thank god.

Oh, god, please, yes.

That's great. So you can confirm you have some other projects forthcoming from DC Comics?

I have two news series, in theory. Things change so quickly so it's hard to know. I have two books tied to each other. If everything goes as planned, DC is letting me do something that I've always wanted to do that's really ambitious. It's certainly a new kind of storytelling for DC so fingers crossed.

But I really can't talk about them at all. And again, this is all in theory. But they should be announced in a couple of months. Sadly enough, the next month will be a dark month for me at DC -- but in the meanwhile, you can come and check out "Alpha" over at Marvel or "Doctor Who" for IDW. And I think, I don't know when, "The Devilers" for Dynamite should be coming out soon too.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

This guy is that good, he's even got me considering buying Marvel. I would get his next 2 DC titles whatever they are. Close the deal DC!

DC would be stupid not to let him write the two books he has in the making. Dude is about to blow up big time.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Yeah, DC better get him on more projects, especially since he's already writing Marvel, IDW, and Dynamite, books.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Hearing these things from the horses mouth softens the blow of cancellation, at least a bit.

I really hope these theoretical projects come to pass - but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see DC drop the ball either.

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    Your numbers have never been super-strong but your loyal following -- not to mention a spot on the NYT bestseller list for your first trade paperback -- allowed the series to run 19 issues.
    It actually ran for 20 issues. The #0 issue counts.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I really hope these theoretical projects come to pass - but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see DC drop the ball either.
    I agree. It would be great if Fialkov got more books, but given recent events, I can't help but be pessimistic that either or both of them will happen. I hope I'm wrong, though.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

Still sad to know that this book is ending. But I'm looking forward to a satisfying ending. I am happy that DC let it run this long despite poor sales. In the mean time I'll head over to Marvel for his Alpha mini, I might even consider getting his Doctor Who.

This guy has a truly unique voice in comics and I hope DC don't let those projects slip through the cracks.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Fingers crossed for your next DC projects...

And yes please .. I VAMPIRE OMNIBUS
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Andrew dies? 0,0
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I'm gonna cry if I see Mary lose the love of her life

I was actually expecting Deluxe Editions sometime after the third volumes, but "I, Vampire Omnibus" sounds so awesome.

DC, approve of Fialkov next two books. Even if he wrote a book that didn't sell so well, he's a writer people will follow.

Is anyone else just dying to know what the two "in theory" titles would be? JLD and Constantine perhaps (I would love this---I think JLD is so much more fun to read than any of the other Nu52 Justice League books to date)? or something more mainstream? Any thoughts???

In response to myself, I suppose there are bc it has its own thread. Sorry! http://forums.comicbookresources.com...2-boosk-for-DC