View Poll Results: Rate!!

Voters
163. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • ♥♥♥♥♥

59 36.20%
  • ♥♥♥♥

41 25.15%
  • ♥♥♥

33 20.25%
  • ♥♥

17 10.43%
  • 13 7.98%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Uncanny X-Force #1 Review (Heavy Spoilers): Masturbation isn't just a word anymore

The art of the book was rather inconsistent. In some pages it was bloody amazing while in others it was rather lacking. The writing... well it's going to raise more than a few eyebrows. There is a constant amount of swearing (from Betsy mostly) and there are some unexpected twists here and there. So far the characters seem to be in-character so we'll see how that progresses.

Onto SPOILERS!

Betsy and Ororo rekindle their friendship as they answer an e-mail from a Saskachewan sweetie (or whoever that's spelled) which happened to be none other than Puck. It seems Spiral has been selling drugs that make people dance like idiots and share a hive mind. As they travel to meet Puck the two lovely ladies do a recap of their recent problems without doing a recap of their recent problems.

We learn Logan kicked Betsy out of the school and that Ororo is now the Headmistress. Guess she really was in charge. Suffer bitches.

With Puck in tow they head over to Spiral's den of debauchery. Betsy attacks Spiral while Storm and Puck go destroy her drug stash only to find... a young girl?

We then see Bishop returning to the present and screaming with madness and joy. And then comes the shock. Fantomex and Cluster go around stealing shit and... they kiss? Ewwww.

All in all this seems to be heading for an extremely wild, unexpected ride.

Marvel really made storm a headmistress.

Overall,I liked this. Puck was a lot of fun and the revelation that he's the brains of the operation was well done.

I'm not a fan of both Betsy and Storm both dealing with relationship fallout. Storm really should be moving on by now and having her moan over how she used to live in a palace was silly.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Pfft, Storm just wants to think of herself as "a" Headmistress. Storm is just around to keep people happy. They throw her a bone, and give her a squad or two to be in charge of, but she's not really a shot caller...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-23-2013 at 07:32 AM.

I told you Fantomex should go f*** himself

Sucks! Poor and cliché dialogue, inconsistent art, terrible narration!
    Betsy is a female wolverine and wtf Fantomex kissing his clone sister!

I thought it was highly enjoyable but wasn't a fan of Storm moaning because of the divorce and for not living in a palace anymore. But all things considered, it was a lot of fun! Puck was great.

I'll wait to see how Spiral is written next issue. She didn't really sound like herself in this one, but she barely got lines anyway.

Puck and Spiral: <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    Cluster and Fantomex: <3 <3 <3
    Storm and Psylocke <3
    We have a new King...!

Angry

Not sure if that kiss means that Betsy is single or not...then again Fantomex does like some weird stuff..., but since Humprhies has said that the 3 Fantomex's all still like/love Betsy and that'll play out over the first few arcs...I'm hoping two fold, that they don't get together and he doesn't bring up intimate details at all the wrong moments, though if they never fully got together he really wouldn't remember much of anything anyway...the art looks good but the story is lacking it seems...

P.S.-I'd always thought that Storm would never be happy in a palace, partially why she liked nature so much and wide open spaces...and yeah Fantomex....GRRR
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

BANNED

Great issue. This thread title sucks. Work on mastering a more graceful use of the English language.

Cricket, Pants and Tea. .LuckyStar.'s Avatar

Loved this issue! Even Puck was fun. Can't wait to see more of the Diva of Downtown LA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by .LuckyStar. View Post
    Loved this issue! Even Puck was fun. Can't wait to see more of the Diva of Downtown LA.
    Yes, she was the star of the show. And my heart skipped a beat when that psychopath, Bishop, popped back into existence.

Retired

I'm conflicted about this. I didn't think it was at all good, and yet I still enjoyed it. From start to finish it's completely inconsistent. The story darts all over the place and so comes off as more than slightly schizophrenic. I'm sure that's exactly what was intended, but the combination of that frenetic pacing with such expository narration somehow makes the whole thing feel weak, poorly crafted, and amateurish. The dialogue is punchy, but to a fault. The heavy black swear box is tiresome already. Psylocke's characterisation is especially bizarre. The whole thing read like she was on drugs. I'm also not fond of the art. And then the last page was absolutely repulsive.

Despite all this, I'm curious to see what happens. It's kind of trashy, but it scratches an itch. So bad it's good?
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    I'm conflicted about this. I didn't think it was at all good, and yet I still enjoyed it. From start to finish it's completely inconsistent. The story darts all over the place and so comes off as more than slightly schizophrenic. I'm sure that's exactly what was intended, but the combination of that frenetic pacing with such expository narration somehow makes the whole thing feel weak, poorly crafted, and amateurish. The dialogue is punchy, but to a fault. The heavy black swear box is tiresome already. Psylocke's characterisation is especially bizarre. The whole thing read like she was on drugs. I'm also not fond of the art. And then the last page was absolutely repulsive.

Despite all this, I'm curious to see what happens. It's kind of trashy, but it scratches an itch. So bad it's good?
    Wow. Couldn't be more wrong.

Well, Psylocke says a lot of times <<censored>>, isn't she?
    A bit out of character, also according to : http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...etsy-braddock/
    We have a new King...!