Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Default FF #3 *spoilers*

Things are picking up with the return of Old Man Johnny and his claim that Doom/Kang/Annihilus did in the rest of the Fantastic Four. How will Scott lead the FF into uncharted territory, and how will the mention of Doom's involvement affect him?
    spoilers:
    The FF are stunned at Johnn'y story, even Bentley can only muster "siiiick". Johnny warns that Doom will find a way to open the gate and continue the hunt, so he challenged the FF as to their course of action. Scott gets a flashback of Cassie's death when She-Hulk prods him, and heads off for Darla while requesting a verification of Johnny's identity and a search for the Moloids. Who, as it turns out, struck a bargain with the Mole Man to give him what is called a starheart. Moley, in turn, is warned with loathing never to contact them again and remains behind in Subterranea. As the Moloids return to the Baxter Building, they are smitten by the sight of She-Hulk carrying a heavy load.

Darla, meantime, is winding up her concert, but feels less than satisfied; cowardly and undeserving in fact. Amidst the bouquets of flowers sent to her dressing room is a note on a single flower from Scott asking her to return, with a shrunken Scott hiding on the bloom. As she tears up over the note, leaving Scott feeling wretched, a gift is delivered to her. Sensing trouble, Scott enlarges and tries to warn her, but too late, as the box explodes, whipped cream bomb fashion. As they read the attached note claiming to be from Ben's old Yancy Street Gang, deriding the "fake" FF, three gangsters in Thing masks snap shots of Darla in a towel and Scott both covered with cream. And they give chase.

Back at the Baxter Building, Wyatt confirms it is Johnny, and She-Hulk replies to Medusa's doubtfulness that she trusts his judgement as well as the scans from the FF's machines. Medusa notes that the original FF likely won't come back and that Johnny may already be insane. Back to the chase: two Yancy Street Gangsters are nabbed, but the third makes it to the safety of the crowd gathered at Time's Square for the New Year's celebrations. Scott tells Darla the FF are gone which shocks her into reconsidering, and Scott adds they have to do something about Doom. With all the FF assembled, Scott gives them their first mission: end Doom, to Johnny's approval.
    end of spoilers
    The series is slowly picking up steam at this point, and we see foreshadowing of the plots mentioned in the solicits for future stories, with Fraction rotating the highlight on She-Hulk, Medusa, and Darla for February, March, and April respetively.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

BANNED

The Yancy Street Gang sorta sounds like the gang in Hawkeye.

Just loving every issue of this book.

I'm loving this so much.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

FF stands for F-ing Fantastic!

That whole Darla/Lang situation was so odd but whatever cause everything is great!
    "....who are you? Still don't know who you are. Not good enough."
    -Boozier

Sounds awesome ;D
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Great fun. Better than F4.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Great fun. Better than F4.
    I was just thinking that! Which is funny, because originally I had no interest in this but was planning on buying F4.
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Does anyone know if FF will be collected separately from F4 from here on out?

Fraction is writing my two favorite books right now. Did not know I was such a fan (hawkeye being the other). Doesn't hurt that the artists on his books are also superb.
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

This book is a lot better than the main title- seems clear to me that Fraction only got Fantastic Four by default, and this is the one he really wants to write.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&¨%!

Donald M.

BANNED

If FF starts selling better than F4, I would praise this new revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Does anyone know if FF will be collected separately from F4 from here on out?
    I know volume one of FF, will have #4-8.

Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    Fraction is writing my two favorite books right now. Did not know I was such a fan (hawkeye being the other). Doesn't hurt that the artists on his books are also superb.
    Exactly were you are. I haven't read Fraction before, but the Hawkeye's reviews got to check him out. I get Hawkeye and FF and loving them. F4 I got the first 2 issues, which tied with FF, but I didn't like them as much as FF. I'm glad F4 and FF are only mildly connected, so I don't have to get F4.
    On FF #3 another stellar issue.

Fantastic, couldn't ask for a better comic really. Just alot of fun to read. :D
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder