Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Speak on it, Sausages.
    I'm impressed we haven't had any Freud snark yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chariset View Post
    Gave in, bought a copy, read.

Liked:

The talking sausage
    Billy getting a gentle but much-deserved slap on the face for his angsting
    Kate looking at Earth from the window
    The big "Being a superhero is amazing, everyone should try it" splash
    Billy's new hair
    "Hel. Hel-ity hel. HelhelhelHEL!"
    Ms. America and Teddy, especially that "Don't say 'a friend'" -- "I wouldn't say that" exchange
    Melty flesh fingers AAAAAAAAAUAARGH!
    All of this.

Not sure I liked:

Teddy masquerading as... Spider-Man?
    The hint that Billy and Teddy are just now having a talk about this. Just now? After how many years? Really?!
    "Terribad"
    All of the "as you know" exposition. I hope it's just for the first issue.
    That Doctor Strange isn't in this (except for a tiny, miscolored cameo). Someone messing with the fabric of reality like that would get his attention.
    And, I agree with most of this. To be fair, Billy was in a deep depressive catatonia for a lot of the aftermath of Children's Crusade, and so he and Teddy COULDN'T talk before now the way they likely should have. Still, it would have been nice if it had happened sooner.

Though I don't think "Terribad" isn all that bad. I use "Horribad" on occasion (usually in reference to a Spider-Man comic these days).
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

I bought this issue in both digital and paper, and it definitely reads better on paper imo. I wasn't expecting that, and thought it would be like Hawkeye where I prefer the digital read.
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

That Doctor Strange isn't in this (except for a tiny, miscolored cameo). Someone messing with the fabric of reality like that would get his attention.
    Give them two weeks. Between Wiccan and Loki, reality is going to look like Swiss cheese, and Strange will have to show up and drag them off for magic lessons.

Finally got around to reading it.
    Gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed with it.

The Teddy/Billy talk came off a bit overly melodramatic. The conversation just didn't sound very realistic to me (even for a world with superheroes). Just something about the way they talked.
    And Billy going 'My life is over.' was just stupid. I can agree that he can be a bit self absorbed, but that was just ridiculously exagerated. Exactly what I feared was going to happen with it.
    I also don't think Teddy would refer to Tommy by Speed when talking to Billy.

Then there was the further vilification of Skrulls both in the beginning and the end. So tired of that. I like the Skrulls. I'd like to see them not get reduced to two dimensional cartboard cutout villains.
    And BTW I totally called Billy's 'screw-up' being getting Teddy's mom back. Way back when everyone else was going zombie-Cassie.

And lastly, what was up with Kate's eyes in that very first panel? Was that intentional? Was she supposed to be cross eyed from waking up or something?

I can't really say I thought it was great. Definitely didn't beat Heinberg's take on them. Not for me anyway.
    But I still hope it'll improve, because these are still some of my favorite characters.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Give them two weeks. Between Wiccan and Loki, reality is going to look like Swiss cheese, and Strange will have to show up and drag them off for magic lessons.
    Give them three weeks and Loki will force Wiccan to kill himself.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Just Sayin'

Good start to the series. I'd like more Noh-Varr, but it's cool. Can't go wrong with Gillen/McKelvie. Marvel has two great teen books at the moment.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

I would read the shit out of Strange's School for Magically-Inclined Teenage World-Destroyers. Though I'm pretty sure our esteemed headmaster would be driven completely insane after a week of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by junesdisco View Post
    I would read the shit out of Strange's School for Magically-Inclined Teenage World-Destroyers. Though I'm pretty sure our esteemed headmaster would be driven completely insane after a week of those two.
    He really should have an apprentice. But I can't see him letting Loki under his roof, no matter how cute and innocent he looks.

He really should have an apprentice. But I can't see him letting Loki under his roof, no matter how cute and innocent he looks.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. Strange will need all 3 eyes kept on Loki to stop him before he gets in trouble.

Maybe that's Odin's problem; he's only got one.

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. Strange will need all 3 eyes kept on Loki to stop him before he gets in trouble.

Maybe that's Odin's problem; he's only got one.
    Strange has five if you count Wong.

But if they're watching Loki, who's going to keep an eye on Noh-Varr, Kate, and Tommy? Come to think of it, is Tommy going to be in this book?

Quote Originally Posted by junesdisco View Post
    It'd be a sitcom where Stephen is constantly off his face on hallucinogenic mushrooms and / or getting into saucy situations in the style of a 70's sex comedy, while everything is left to an increasingly put-upon Wong to sort out.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    It'd be a sitcom where Stephen is constantly off his face on hallucinogenic mushrooms and / or getting into saucy situations in the style of a 70's sex comedy, while everything is left to an increasingly put-upon Wong to sort out.
    DAMN YOU, MATT FRACTION!

*ahem* No, it would be the kind where he has about two dozen things in his house that can kill you instantly and he's giving a tour and casually pointing them out. And every time you see Wong, he's sharpening a knife and looking exasperated. And the Sanctum Sanctorum is alive and likes to play light-hearted pranks like turning rooms completely upside down in the middle of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Give them three weeks and Loki will force Wiccan to kill himself.
    I think I have some dead magpies left over from that last time he did something like that...
    Strange has five if you count Wong.

But if they're watching Loki, who's going to keep an eye on Noh-Varr, Kate, and Tommy? Come to think of it, is Tommy going to be in this book?
    I believe Gillen has said he's bringing Tommy in sooner or later.

But, yeah, we forget the damage any of these kids can do, even Kate LOL

DAMN YOU, MATT FRACTION!
    Oh, not just Matt...

Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco