Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I was surprised how cool Hulking was with what he did. In some sense it was abdominal no?
    My thoughts exactly.

He should have expressed some shock at least that his dead mother was plucked from who knows where and suddenly placed in front of him.

Between that and Wiccan and Hulklings mushy romance (the book even acknowledges it) I found myself not enjoying this book as much as I should.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Rasengan2000 View Post
    Miss America isn't evil, just easily trolled.
    And Loki found out that he had to stop Wiccan through his magic breakfast.
    How many comics can you say that magic breakfast appears in?

It's funny because, when Wiccan seems to find out about the whole Great Power/Great Responsibility thing, he then goes 'Eff it' by ignoring his responsibility to not break the space/time continuum.
    Beast would be proud!
    I like it. I say we give Wiccan an honorary Beast Jr. badge.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

The Loki/MAC scene was brilliant, my absolute favorite in the book. I also dug the intro with Hulkling cosplaying as Spider-Man.
    Least favorite was the Billy/Teddy convo. Too much whining, but at least Hulkling was justified. More Kate, less Billy pls.

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

He should have expressed some shock at least that his dead mother was plucked from who knows where and suddenly places in front of him.

Between that and Wiccan and Hulklings mushy romance (the book even acknowledges it) I found myself not enjoying this book as much as I should.
    Maybe this is Gillen saying Hulkling is more immature than we thought. Certainly his not reacting with horror or confusion says as much.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I think I can speak for everyone who has lost someone close in saying that should they be there, one day, right in front of us then we wouldn't stop and ask questions.

We'd do exactly what Teddy does.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by nosocialize100 View Post
    I like it. I say we give Wiccan an honorary Beast Jr. badge.
    GASP! Bite. Your. Tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    I think I can speak for everyone who has lost someone close in saying that should they be there, one day, right in front of us then we wouldn't stop and ask questions.

Yes. Thank you.
    And honestly? If I had the ability to do what Billy did, for the man I love, I can't say that I wouldn't have AT LEAST considered it, if not gone through with it.
    The heart isn't sensible. The heart isn't logical. It often blinds us to consequence.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 01-23-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I think I can speak for everyone who has lost someone close
    No, you really, really can't.

I wouldn't. As much as I want something to be real, I'd have to doubt the impossible.

That doesn't mean THEY would have to, given the world in which they live, where people come back from the dead every few months.

But I would.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Am I the only one who didnt like this?
    I think any book that had Young Avengers was batter than this. I'm really disappointed. :(
    Only thing I liked about this issue was Kate and the art.
    Nope I didn't like it either It could have been better but Ill see how the next one goes

plus Wiccan & Hulkling always felt a little forced to me its like... the only reason their there is to be be gay its like there main defining quality Not saying they shouldnt have gay chanters just saying it feels forced at times like putting a random black dude in a team just for the sake of diversity

I think I can speak for everyone who has lost someone close
    Speak for yourself

Interesting.
    Prior to reading this first issue, Teddy was easily my least favorite of the team and the one I was the least interested in learning more about.
    After reading it, that's flipped considerably.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    No, you really, really can't.
    I wouldn't. As much as I want something to be real, I'd have to doubt the impossible.

That doesn't mean THEY would have to, given the world in which they live, where people come back from the dead every few months.

But I would.
    Vision 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by DATNIGG View Post
    Nope I didn't like it either It could have been better but Ill see how the next one goes

plus Wiccan & Hulkling always felt a little forced to me its like... the only reason their there is to be be gay its like there main defining quality Not saying they shouldnt have gay chanters just saying it feels forced at times like putting a random black dude in a team just for the sake of diversity
    What is the deal with that? I swear I've heard this said about every, single, couple/pairing EVER.
    At least in this scenario, these boys have things in common.
    They're the same age (which is a nice start) and are both massive Avengers/superhero fanboy nerds (big plus) who both have super powers (I wish) as well as superhero legacies to live up to (seriously). They have LOADS in common. And every member of the team has coupled/paired up since it's inception. They're being gay should be inconsequential. The fact that they are the only couple/pairing to last shouldn't be a negative defining characteristic. They're not "the gay couple". They're "the couple".
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

The last page made me wonder if Kieron Gillen is bringing back my favorite character from Generation Hope, but I doubt it. I hope Billy learns his lesson...
    Marvel, VALIANT, Archie

Wiccan has a dazzler poster in his room. :)

"Hulkling ya big dummy, we're not suppose to be superheroes!"

"You don't get it*sob*, your parents are great, mine are dead*sob*! Also, I fell in love with a superhero!"

"You're right! You've convinced me to be a hero again! Here's your mom from a parellel universe."

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    What is the deal with that? I swear I've heard this said about every, single, couple/pairing EVER.
    At least in this scenario, these boys have things in common.
    They're the same age (which is a nice start) and are both massive Avengers/superhero fanboy nerds (big plus) who both have super powers (I wish) as well as superhero legacies to live up to (seriously). They have LOADS in common. And every member of the team has coupled/paired up since it's inception. They're being gay should be inconsequential. The fact that they are the only couple/pairing to last shouldn't be a negative defining characteristic. They're not "the gay couple". They're "the couple".
    ^ This. So much this. I can see some fans being a little stand-offish when it comes to having a gay character or characters in a book after last year, when the hotness for a brief peroid of time was to shake things up by bringing in a gay character, but Billy and Teddy were a thing before any of those events dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by randomlee26 View Post
    The last page made me wonder if Kieron Gillen is bringing back my favorite character from Generation Hope, but I doubt it. I hope Billy learns his lesson...
    Huh, didn't even think of that. Good idea, but yeah, I doubt it as well.