Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Default Superboy annual#1 discussion,reviews,or spoilers

So i just checked the web,somebody who got this already said rose wilson WAS NOT in the book,so anybody gonna buy this 5 dollar just for her,save your $.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

explains why they removed that cover with her on it
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

If Rose is your addiction stick to Ravagers, she's front and center.
    Did Wonder Woman and Superman just catch an aircraft carrier?

Is this supposed to have any tie-in to "H'El on Earth?"
    Be a fan of the creators, not the characters.

yeah, she was in the book, just that she only appeared as a flashback. The story was mainly an issue to bond both characters together. Weirdly, Superboy started to get really chatty and sarcastic in this issue. Overall, its not a bad issue, but could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    yeah, she was in the book, just that she only appeared as a flashback. The story was mainly an issue to bond both characters together. Weirdly, Superboy started to get really chatty and sarcastic in this issue. Overall, its not a bad issue, but could be better.
    You already got the issue? Throw up spoiler tags,and spoil us,i dont get mine for 2 hours.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Anyone who's got and spoilers to this issue I greatly appreciate a a few so I can get excited for this issue.

Like what's the actual idea or concept behind this issue if it has changed from the one we were originally given.

Volkditty yes its a tie-in to the H'El on Earth storyline (which really wasnt that interesting to begin with). As for the issue for a No.1 annual, I cant see this title getting too many more annuals unless the title is overhauled because Superboy just isnt an interesting character anymore. By dilluting the New 52 universe, DC have opted to have fast sales over quality and this is another title which is suffering for it.

This issue wasn't bad

Ive skimmed through it,it looks pretty nice artwise,and kon is a uber powerful teen.oh and i like how kal and kon are bonding by being snarky with each other,you can feel how they are learning to respect each other,even impressing each other.

SBs senses work while in the suit,and they are shown off good here,right along with the direct TTK.
    Dont mess with the "S"

Mutation is a bitch

Superboy started to annoy the crap out of me at times during this issue but he was ok. He had a very nice and young voice in this.

Superman was what really interested me in this issue though. We really got into how he is seen by people in this new world called the new 52 through the eyes of Superboy just like Lobdell beautifully did in Superman 15. It wasn't done as cleanly in this issue but it came off as a new view on the character (Superman). The idea that nothing surpises him, and that he unintentanly lectures at times was very funny. I really enjoyed the contrast of Superboy's very human reaction to Superman instant analysis of what was going on. I also love the "man of action" line.

Not an awful issue by no means but not really that good either. Not happens at all, and the trip equates to pretty much 3 minutes of the X over. So should you buy it? Idk up to you. But if I were to be asked if I'd get it again I would not.

I only really got it for Superman if I'm being truthful about it.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Superboy started to annoy the crap out of me at times during this issue but he was ok. He had a very nice and young voice in this.

Superman was what really interested me in this issue though. We really got into how he is seen by people in this new world called the new 52 through the eyes of Superboy just like Lobdell beautifully did in Superman 15. It wasn't done as cleanly in this issue but it came off as a new view on the character (Superman). The idea that nothing surpises him, and that he unintentanly lectures at times was very funny. I really enjoyed the contrast of Superboy's very human reaction to Superman instant analysis of what was going on. I also love the "man of action" line.

Not an awful issue by no means but not really that good either. Not happens at all, and the trip equates to pretty much 3 minutes of the X over. So should you buy it? Idk up to you. But if I were to be asked if I'd get it again I would not.

I only really got it for Superman if I'm being truthful about it.
    Well when Superman speaks, everyone's should shut their pie hole and listen and learn.

See my examples in the other thread.

Loved the issue for what it was, the first real heart to heart between Superboy and Superman where they exchange personal details. Kon has grown by miles since he left his tube. Theyre definately more like siblings in this universe than the old one.

Im looking forward to seeing what role Lex had in getting Supermans DNA.

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kymeric View Post
    Loved the issue for what it was, the first real heart to heart between Superboy and Superman where they exchange personal details. Kon has grown by miles since he left his tube. Theyre definately more like siblings in this universe than the old one.

Im looking forward to seeing what role Lex had in getting Supermans DNA.
    Unlike Superman being a father to a son. I thought that worked pretty well especially during John's run.