Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batwoman #20 SPOILERS/SPECULATION

From the description of this issue:

"Batwoman is being played right into a confrontation with Batman...and that's the least of her problems after the final page of issue #20."

Could it be that Renee is back?

I don't know why but this is the first thing that came to my mind.
    Last edited by Super Robo Ape; 02-11-2013 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Robo Ape View Post
    From the description of this issue:

"Batwoman is being played right into a confrontation with Batman...and that's the least of her problems after the final page of issue #20."

Could it be that Renee is back?

I don't know why but this is the first thing that came to my mind.
    I think it's going to be about the DOE. He already stated working for the DOE would bring them to odds.

Unpopular opinion: but I kind of like Batwoman being mostly disconnected from the main Bat-family. I think it is a necessary balance. It makes her quest distinctly not Bruce's and as her motivations to get into the masked vigilante business are not his.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Not sure how long this thread will stay up since bat-mods have been on record stating issue threads aren't allowed until the previews are up for them, and have locked and deleted said types of threads in the past.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    I think it's going to be about the DOE. He already stated working for the DOE would bring them to odds.

Unpopular opinion: but I kind of like Batwoman being mostly disconnected from the main Bat-family. I think it is a necessary balance. It makes her quest distinctly not Bruce's and as her motivations to get into the masked vigilante business are not his.
    It does beg the question as to why she is still dressing as a bat. It is one thing Batman allowing or even approving of her dressing that way as an independant operator, but not when she is being coerced in to working for an organisation, one of who's aims is to discover the identity of Batman and similarly impose their will upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Not sure how long this thread will stay up since bat-mods have been on record stating issue threads aren't allowed until the previews are up for them, and have locked and deleted said types of threads in the past.
    Oh sorry I honestly didn't know that.

I seem to not remember if Kate knows that Kathy Kane, the original Batwoman, was her aunt. If she does, that certainly gives her 'right' to use the name, in my opinion. Remember the solicit for the previous issue, # 19, indicates a shocking family revelation.
    "Mmmmmmm, Namor" - Celebrating Cold Water's Appreciation of All Things Namor

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebow View Post
    It does beg the question as to why she is still dressing as a bat. It is one thing Batman allowing or even approving of her dressing that way as an independent operator, but not when she is being coerced in to working for an organization, one of who's aims is to discover the identity of Batman and similarly impose their will upon him.
    Well the glib answer is they are tying her to a successful franchise. If anybody were to really challenge Bruce's ownership of the Bat symbol what could he do? Legally taker her to court? Bully her until she stops?

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    Well the glib answer is they are tying her to a successful franchise. If anybody were to really challenge Bruce's ownership of the Bat symbol what could he do? Legally taker her to court? Bully her until she stops?
    He knows at least as much about her as the DEO and they have managed to make her do their bidding. He made Huntress stop wearing a Bat costume because he did not like her methods and behaved similarly with other characters. As I said she is working for an organisation that wants to control him. The only reasons I can think of why he does not tell her to stop are that he does not want to make things worse for her with the DEO or he does not consider them much of a threat. He has a history of telling people, usually female to stop whether or not he can make it stick.
    Last edited by Bluebow; 02-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.

He knows at least as much about her as the DEO and they have managed to make her do their bidding. He made Huntress stop wearing a Bat costume because he did not like her methods and behaved similarly with other characters. As I said she is working for an organisation that wants to control him. The only reasons I can think of why he does not tell her to stop are that he does not want to make things worse for her with the DEO or he does not consider them much of a threat. He has a history of telling people, usually female to stop whether or not he can make it stick.
    I think, at some point, Kate will be his spy within their operation. She would never betray him. She would be his double agent.

Asking again: Is there any canon that suggests that Kate knows the original Batwoman was her aunt by marriage?

Does Bruce know Kate, Bette, et all are his cousins... and the Batwoman thing?

Quote Originally Posted by OberonOsiris View Post
    I think, at some point, Kate will be his spy within their operation. She would never betray him. She would be his double agent.

Asking again: Is there any canon that suggests that Kate knows the original Batwoman was her aunt by marriage?

Does Bruce know Kate, Bette, et all are his cousins... and the Batwoman thing?
    I remember in the last few months reading something about the original Bat-Woman offering the name to Barbara Gordon when she was about to retire. Could anyone confirm this? Also as she does not know that Bruce Wayne is Batman, what if she is ordered to investigate him as a suspect. If she finds out, will she keep the secret, try and blackmail him to help her or turn him over to her boss?
    Last edited by Bluebow; 02-12-2013 at 02:14 PM.

I remember in the last few months reading something about the original Bat-Woman offering the name to Barbara Gordon when she was about to retire. Could anyone confirm this?
    IIRC, that happened in Batman Family #10. link

Quote Originally Posted by myme View Post
    IIRC, that happened in Batman Family #10. link
    Thanks for that.

Thanks for that.
    Yes, I sort of recall this from the first time around - which was in the late '70s. Around the time that the Bat-girl, "Betty" Kane, resurfaced in Teen Titans.
    This was all, well before the Crisis on Infinite Earths, which pretty much rendered it all moot.
    I have not read all of the Morrison run(s) with Batman, but he has brought back into canon, some of the aspects of the first Batwoman and Bat-girl.
    In current, new 52 continuity Barbara Gordon, and perhaps a number of others, don't recall the first Batwoman. Or, it has yet to be decided how it actually fits into said continuity. Batwoman writers have not really addressed Kathy Kane that much, it seems.
    That may or not stay the same.

BANNED

I'd love for it to be Renee returning, but maybe it's Alice? I know they said they were waiting to let Rucka finish that story, but I mean... C'mon.

I think it'll likely be the return of Alice, Batwoman's twice thought dead sister.

:)
    Helena Wayne as the Huntress, horrible! RIP Helena Bertinelli April 1989 - August 2011 Rotten thing to do to your fans DC. Bait and switch. Horrible.