Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will you miss Cassaday on Uncanny Avengers?

while his artwork for the series had a certain charm to it...it wasn't worth the delays it caused but i certainly do hope Daniel Acuna makes uncanny avengers work for him
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    while his artwork for the series had a certain charm to it...it wasn't worth the delays it caused but i certainly do hope Daniel Acuna makes uncanny avengers work for him
    I thought Cassaday's Artwork was and still is GREAT. He Drew Scarlet Witch Very Beautiful!

However, I want him to leave now, I will stick and wait for the book as long as I have to, but this is enough.

If you can't stay on time with your work then you can't stay on a Project, Period.

I believe Acuna Will Do Great, I have heard good things about his Artwork!
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Cassaday practically destroyed any chance of this title being seen as the flagship marvel now! title it was put on hold because of him and some people are already willing to jump off since rogue was announced to be on the female centered x-men relaunch(gonna wonder how that's going to work rogue juggling being on the x-men and on the uncanny avengers)

no artist should be this slow
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

No. I loved his AXM run, but his art on Uncanny Avengers isn't as good, I feel like something is missing. I definitely don't think it's worth the wait. We'll see how long Acuna will stay, he's not the fastest artist, either. He usually does an arc or two and then leaves (X-men: Legacy/Avengers/Wolverine).

Yeah considering how this could have clearly been the flagship...what happened? It's like Astonishing all over again, only the delays/sink from flagshipness have hurt it already.

I like Cassaday's art and for me who read Astonishing as a whole after it was done (not following along) it made a great story even better with cohesive, cinematic art. But I finally know how the readers at the time felt...
    Pull list: X-Men, FF, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Uncanny X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Batman, Earth 2, Superman/Wonder Woman, Saga

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Cassaday practically destroyed any chance of this title being seen as the flagship marvel now! title it was put on hold because of him and some people are already willing to jump off since rogue was announced to be on the female centered x-men relaunch(gonna wonder how that's going to work rogue juggling being on the x-men and on the uncanny avengers)

no artist should be this slow
    No, I think it is still a Great book and the Delays have only Made me Appreciated it more. If it where on time their be some other complaint about it as well, all books get them. As for Flagship status it is nice, but I really don't Care, other books have been trying to claim that in the new era, but every book to what Fan reads them is their Flagship.

Marvel is not like DC, DC has one major Team, Justice League. Marvel Has at least 3. Also, singular characters and new team books become the flagships for other fans as well, so to each fan their own.

Don't get down by delays, Enjoy what you have and look forward to what will come.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

BANNED

I'm not really a big fan of his artwork on Uncanny Avengers.

Good riddance imo, and condolences for fans
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

Well, I'm not, because I'm not really reading/following UnAvengers. Have no interest in the book. But, IMHO, Cassaday is a very good artist. He should, however, restrict himself to special projects. Minis or one-shots specials.I loved his work on AXM, but he has proved over and over again that he's not fit for the grind of an ongoing series.

Peace

I feel it's unfair to compare his art on Astonishing and Planetary to his art on Uncanny Avengers, because those were complete series with moments that had been building for ages. The planetary spread where they show the inside of the big space ship/asteroid thing is AMAZING. As are dozen of moments in Whedon's run (he pulls some amazing facial expressions here, Kitty's look as she see's Peter, insults Emma, and sees the white queen is superb). That said, he'd have got his chance for those kind of moments if he got his art in on time. So yeah, I'll miss him in while I'm glad he's off the book.

In short, I guess he's like Tim Tebow. You want him out on the field doing stuff because it'll look awesome, but you don't want him as your starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Paj Meen Ah View Post
    Yeah considering how this could have clearly been the flagship...what happened? It's like Astonishing all over again, only the delays/sink from flagshipness have hurt it already.

I like Cassaday's art and for me who read Astonishing as a whole after it was done (not following along) it made a great story even better with cohesive, cinematic art. But I finally know how the readers at the time felt...
    I read Astonishing when it came out. The delays of both Whedon and Cassady not only interrupted stories (see Messiah Complex - where Kitty was visibly absent), but it made it very frustrating to keep up with the story. Now with that being said, I loved reading it in trade.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

I already miss him on UA...because the books come out so late. Get it?

Nevermind.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by zibeck View Post
    I already miss him on UA...because the books come out so late. Get it?

Nevermind.

Like Mork from Ork used to say Ah.humor,ar,ar,ar,ar! :p
    Last edited by mikeb; 01-23-2013 at 06:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sparticus View Post
    In short, I guess he's like Tim Tebow. You want him out on the field doing stuff because it'll look awesome, but you don't want him as your starting QB.
    Unleash John Cassaday, let him go, it's time!

Seriously, his work on UA is TRBL. I have no idea why exactly it takes him so long to produce that crap.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I might consider picking it up again when he leaves.
    Bad news everyone...