Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think John Cassaday's art is generic and rushed compared to what it used to be. I really wouldn't mind if he left comics again. Hell, even his covers have been meh.

HELL no. IDK, did something happen between Planetery and Astonishing X-men, maybe my taste just change, but his artwork is incredible boring. Lifeless. Cardboard. He even managed to make the S-men look unspectacular, and one of them is a pink maniacal genie.

Bring on Daniel Acuna, and bring on a monthly schedule.

I like his artwork and I actually think issue #3 was GREAT compared to the first two, but it wasn't worth the two month delay. I'm definitely looking forward to #4-5 to see the new roster additions and where they fit into the story.

The good thing about Cassaday is that people can miss his art even when he's on the book.
    I know I'll miss him. He's been instrumental on keeping Uncanny Avengers of the stands so it will be sad seeing him replaced with a good artist... or Acuña.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Yes and no, he draws one of the best looking Wolverine but the delays almost ruined the book.
    "Sigh" Oh lordy!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    no artist should be this slow
    ............. it was 1 month late
    the Image Series Lady Mechanika drawn by Joe Bentiez (who as turned in ASTONISHINGLY good work in it) has had like a 4-6 month wait in between each issue, and whe are waiting on issue 4 i think

(and haters dont bash the series, company or artist unless you have read it, it is Extremly good, the character isnt Sexualized at all even on most of the covers)

BANNED

i dont get all this Delays RUIN the book......... just read and enjoy it when you get it.

Definitely not. Cassaday is too slow when it comes to a book as important as Uncanny Avengers. Also, I don't know why he's so delayed when his artwork isn't even that nice (personal opinion); while reading Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, I've also noticed that Cassaday liked to repeat a lot of the same art for various panels.

So, again, I won't miss him. I hope Uncanny Avengers eventually gets a good and stable artist soon because I am definitely enjoying the series otherwise.
    .tumblr
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange

I am just not feeling his current work right now. Maybe its the design of the S-men or something like that. I just find the art to be stiff and dull.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

No, I will definitely not miss Cassaday being the main artist on Uncanny Avengers and am glad that he will only be providing the cover artwork from now on as indicated by Marvel recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i dont get all this Delays RUIN the book......... just read and enjoy it when you get it.
    Release dates for Uncanny Avengers:
    #1 -Oct.2
    #2 -Nov. 28
    #3 -Jan. 23

At close to 2 months passing in between each issue hitting the stands, I personally do not mind the delays (I stuck with Astonishing X-Men from issue #1 all the way thru the Giant Sized finale monthly when it originally saw print) but can understand how it could take it's toll on some fans patience and enthusiasm. The book has been decreed to be the flagship for Marvel NOW, so I suppose people expect it to ship in a timely fashion to uphold that label.

Veteran Member Juggernaut Punch's Avatar

If I cared about this book, I'd probably miss his art, but be happy he's gone because of the delays. But if any of the other art changes are any indicator, Cassaday will be back.

I will miss him for sure. Acuna is a good replacement, really whatever gets this book in my hands the fastest works for me.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

No I won't miss him, the delays have been killing this book