Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jim Carrey & Adam Sandler considered for roles in Guardians of the Galaxy

The sometimes reliable Latino Review have apparently learnt from inside sources that Marvel have both Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler on their radar for unspecified roles in Guardians of the Galaxy. The company are supposedly looking to nab a famous comedic actor or two to fill the roles of Groot and/or Rocket Raccoon.

In less exciting news, the hunt for Star Lord marches on as Wes Bentley, Chris Lowell and Cam Gigandet are all being considered for the lead role.

I'd just like to add, that I'm a fan of the idea to get a couple famous comedic stars in. This light-hearted tone they seem to be aiming for would be a perfect fit for this team.. but for the love of God, keep Adam Sandler as far away from this project as possible!

Source: http://latino-review.com/2013/01/23/...rdians-galaxy/
    Last edited by Panther X; 01-23-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Oh god no...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Yeah. I don't buy it.

At this point every male actor has been attached to this film.

Also, I doubt they'd spring out for Carrey or Sandler to say "I AM GROOT".
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Actually, if Sandler was just voicing Rocket Raccoon, I could be ok with that. And Carrey is a fine dramatic actor, not just a comedic one. He could voice any of the characters and I would be ok with that. And he might not charge so much to just do voiceover work as that would only require about a week or so in the studio, not a couple of months on set and in costume and makeup.

I am a bit more concerned with the suggestion that these names are being thrown out because of a light hearted tone to the film. This should have some seriousness to it, since it will likely be the major springboard to Avengers 2.

I am Groot. SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Haha, poor fans.

I can see Jim as grasshopper.......

It would be a bitch to get him to sequels though. unless he has changed his stance recently.
    Cyclops ad portas

Carrey's a better overall actor than people give him credit for, I wouldn't be against him doing a voice in GOTG. But like DeadXMan pointed out, they'd have to lock him in for sequels. Carrey historically tries to avoid those.
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    I can see Jim as grasshopper.......

It would be a bitch to get him to sequels though. unless he has changed his stance recently.
    Well, he's still attached to Dumb and Dumber 2 (or, Dumb and Dumber To) as far as I know. He's also in Kick Ass 2; which, granted, isn't a sequel to his own movie, but it's a sequel.

And he might not be as against a sequel to voice over work, as opposed to a live action movie. That's just a guess though.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

They should get real voice actors for Rocket and Groot. Not just big names.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Carrey did nearly all the voices for the Christmas Carol movie. Any truly accomplished actor can do voice over work just as well as, if not better than other more traditional roles.

I don't like the idea of this.
    Only Carrey as Racoon to provide the comedy.
    Not Sandler.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I wouldn't mind seeing Carrey do the voice for Racoon. I would really like to see Vin Diesel as Drax.

The Heavens will run red with blood. But in the end, as always, Thanos will stand triumphant.

Jim as Raccoon would be alright but no sandler!

Considering how many actors want to be in a Marvel film now, and how many have been rumored to be up for a role in Guardians, is it really surprising that Carrey would be mentioned after he is already working on Kick Ass 2? Sandler on the other hand... seems a bit out of left field.