First Robin,second Batman nightwing1124's Avatar

Default Will Arrow Be In Justice League?

For the past few months on the CW, Green arrow has been taking down some of Starling city's most horrible criminals. But when Batman, Superman, and the rest of the league suit up in 2015, will "The Hood" be suiting up too? More importantly, would you like to see him suiting up? I think it would be pretty cool. What do you think?

I don't think I'd be into the idea, mainly down to Hawkeye's inclusion in the Avengers. I want the Justice League to be epic with Batman providing the contrast for the non powered set.

I'd be surprised if they transition someone from TV into the league but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwing1124 View Post
    For the past few months on the CW, Green arrow has been taking down some of Starling city's most horrible criminals. But when Batman, Superman, and the rest of the league suit up in 2015, will "The Hood" be suiting up too? More importantly, would you like to see him suiting up? I think it would be pretty cool. What do you think?
    No. Green Arrow is not a founding member of the Justice League. Besides the TV show Arrow is not supposed to be set in the proposed DCMU. It's supposed to set in a realistic world without Superhero beings, just like Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

It really annoys me that the show is on CW. There's a lot there that's pretty good. What they've done with the island is pretty good, I don't mind the guy they got to play Oliver, and Diggle is a really cool supporting character.

However, it's still on the CW, which is why we get like "The Hood" instead of Green Arrow, "Starling" instead of Star City, "Laurel Lance" instead of Dinah, and the terribly melodramatic romance subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    It really annoys me that the show is on CW. There's a lot there that's pretty good. What they've done with the island is pretty good, I don't mind the guy they got to play Oliver, and Diggle is a really cool supporting character.

However, it's still on the CW, which is why we get like "The Hood" instead of Green Arrow, "Starling" instead of Star City, "Laurel Lance" instead of Dinah, and the terribly melodramatic romance subplot.
    You should be thankful it’s on any network. If it was on any of the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox) it wouldn’t have lasted more than 12 episodes.
    Last edited by blinker; 01-23-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Dinah is Laurel's mother per some episode previews.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    You should be thankful it’s on any network. If it was on any of the major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox) it wouldn’t have lasted more than 12 episodes.
    I was thinking more like FX. Personally I think most of the things that would get it cancelled on other networks are the same things that they are doing to cater specifically to the CW target audience.

Nah, keep CW Arrow away from the Movie League, please.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Its not going to happen. Whoever ends up behind the wheel of the film is not going to want to be burdened with the established history of any more characters than he absolutely has to. So, assuming MoS does well, that means Cavill. And the scriptwriter is not going to want to have to deal with the events in Arrow, and dont forget movie scripts get written years in advance while tv shows script a few weeks ahead. Making this transition smoothly would be nearly impossible.

But if, through some weird twist of events, it did happen, I'd be mostly fine with it. Arnell (is that his name? The guy who plays Arrow?) looks like he would fit in perfectly standing next to Cavill's Superman, and even looking at Bale's Batman (who wont be in the movie of course) it all stands up and meshes. Even the costume looks like it fits, despite the much more low tech aspect of it.

Arrow has been a surprisingly good show for its network, despite the flaws that Whirlwind mentioned, which I agree with. And I think it could create a fun media event to tie the show into the film and get some attention for both properties. You know it would jack up Arrow's ratings by a large margin, and it would be a nice distraction from the conversations we'll all be having about whether or not the League is just trying to copy Avengers. Yes, they both would have archers, but by merging a television show into the film/s it would show an outside the box type of thinking that WB could capitalize on for marketing purposes, as well as expanding the DC movie-verse. And besides, they're both going to have gods and super rich playboys. Is JLA going to be a Avengers ripoff because one has Iron Man and DC has Batman? Or Thor and Wonder Woman? No, of course not.

And I dont believe they said the show didnt have any superbeings in it, just that they didnt have any plans to bring any in, but wouldnt rule anything out. And even if they did say that, plans change.

The biggest problem with using Arrow in JLA is Dinah in my opinion. Okay, so in the show, Laurel's real first name is, apparently, Dinah. And the actress looks the part, even if she is a little soft around the edges for a street level crime fighter. But she's not a great actress and I cannot fathom how that character could make the evolution to Black Canary. Sure, we saw her kick some ass in that one episode, but that felt so.....fake. If the show could somehow bring that character around and make "Laurel" a believable Canary, I actually might start a petition to fold the two franchises, film and television, together.

But its not going to happen.

Sadly not, sadly not.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I was thinking more like FX. Personally I think most of the things that would get it cancelled on other networks are the same things that they are doing to cater specifically to the CW target audience.
    No, costume hero / super hero shows just don’t seem to do well on major networks.

Heck if Smallville was on NBC or CBS, it probably would have lasted 3 seasons at best.

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    No, costume hero / super hero shows just don’t seem to do well on major networks.

Heck if Smallville was on NBC or CBS, it probably would have lasted 3 seasons at best.
    What shows are you talking about? There really haven't been any good super hero shows on the major networks recently. Heroes was doing pretty good until the storyline went off the rails.

Personally I don't think crap like The Cape and No Ordinary Family is comparable to a serious superhero show with a decent budget based on an established property.

BANNED

Mike Grell went nearly 80 issues without calling him anything but Ollie. Even Hal wasn't called anything but Hal Jordan when he was in the book. Same for Dinah. That run is the inspiration for the show, not the CW's edicts about not wanting to name the
    hero or whatever conspiracy theory you're pushing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    Dinah is Laurel's mother per some episode previews.
    Dinah Lance was the mother of Dinah Laurel Lance in the comics too. In the comics she was the Golden Age Black Canary. Even the Birds if Prey TV show did that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    Dinah Lance was the mother of Dinah Laurel Lance in the comics too. In the comics she was the Golden Age Black Canary. Even the Birds if Prey TV show did that.
    ...and Smallville hinted at it (there was a Black Canary in the JSA painting, If I recall correctly.)
    Last edited by dupersuper; 01-29-2013 at 02:45 AM.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...