View Poll Results: Which Team Is over all more Powerful?

Voters
108. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • X men

46 42.59%
  • Avengers

62 57.41%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

This would be a Very Great Battle.

Both sides are Powerful.

But I give it to The Avengers!
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taem View Post
    Doesn't Scarlet Witch trump all? All the Phoenixes and everyone else, they are still rooted in a reality which SW can alter at will. The impression I got from House of M is that she is the single most powerful being in the universe, trumping Galactus, Thanos, Beyonder, whoever. I mean she can just will them out of existence. Or am I missing something? Just getting back into comics and going through the crossovers atm.
    That was only Possible cause to the Phoenix Level Entity "The Life Force", you can read more about it here My Friend.

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/owie...-avx/87-83185/
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    Anybody remember that event that ended about a month ago? I think I remember the X-Men gaining the power of a near omnipotent being and still being defeated by the Avengers.
    Magneto is about to crush iron man & then he feels the Phoenix coming & stops & gets defeated by iron man...

Colossus is kicking the crap out of Red Hulk until he stops causes he doesn't want to destroy utopia causing him to win..

Captain america blocks Psy bolts from Rachel with his shield...

Some how warpath gets beaten by captain america....

Some how Hawkeye wins against Angel & psylocke when she could have mentally raped him & angel with his wings could have dropped him easily...

THING BEATS NAMOR UNDERWATER.....

look avx lol was a HORRIBLE depiction of how the fight would go down mostly due to the fact the writers were writing this sorely in the avengers favor it was unrealistic...

Doesn't Scarlet Witch trump all? All the Phoenixes and everyone else, they are still rooted in a reality which SW can alter at will. The impression I got from House of M is that she is the single most powerful being in the universe, trumping Galactus, Thanos, Beyonder, whoever. I mean she can just will them out of existence. Or am I missing something? Just getting back into comics and going through the crossovers atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Zaleski View Post
    scarlett witch can just deprive them of their powers. boom.

Yeah thats what I was saying too. The guy you quoted talks weight of numbers, well didn't SW defeat 6 million mutants with 3 words? The ones we saw depowered weren't great shakes but you'd think even the X Men would have a hard time fighting 6 million mutants all at once. "No more Avengers." Game over. She's a glass cannon though, all comes down to who draws first.

Legion > the witch

Legion once blinked a bunch of elder gods out of existence just by using his reality warping powers

Also there is Magik the Hell lord....

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'd have to go with the Avengers.

Whilst telepathy should be the deciding factor, it really isn't. Once you look past that, I can't really see the X-Men having too many answers to Thor, Ares, Sentry, Hulk etc.
    But why would you look past it? if someone doesn't have mental defenses Telepathy > that person

If not nerfed in uncanny avengers thor is being controlled by red skull that has the brain for professor x... if thor can be manipulated then messed with dispite his god like mental resistance People like Nate grey or Sage would mentally dismantle their ranks....

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Is this real? This is hilarious and so, so sad at the same time. I've only read Ultimate Spiderman and a few ASM here and there and have never seen anything as ridiculous as...The Wall, hahahaha
    Yes, it is real. It from Spidey's Super Stories, a very dumbed down book aimed at very young children that Marvel used to put out in the late 70's-early 80's. Just for you to have an idea of how dumbed down it was, Spider-Man was always called Spidey in the book, never once refered to as Spider-Man, to make it more "friendly". It's the same gem that gave us the Thanoscopter.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    I feel as though the Avengers have the reality-warpers locked in, giving them a significant advantage.

However, the X-Men have strength in telepaths, and with telepathy(?) your WILL is their POWER.

I'm trying to believe its not my bias carrying my vote/choice but I still think the X-Men stand strongest.
    Legion is the strongest reality warper now. Nothing or nobody on the Avengers comes close
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by DATNIGG View Post
    But why would you look past it? if someone doesn't have mental defenses Telepathy > that person

If not nerfed in uncanny avengers thor is being controlled by red skull that has the brain for professor x... if thor can be manipulated then messed with dispite his god like mental resistance People like Nate grey or Sage would mentally dismantle their ranks....
    I just seems that whether through tech, mental training, some kinda immunity or just bad writing, telepathy has been nerfed, watered down.

Like I said, It SHOULD be the deciding factor but if that was the case, things like (for example) AvX would have gone down a little differently.

Plus if you include ALL Avengers, they have got a few telepaths themselves.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by smoothtalker View Post
    avengers i think.

can anyone on the x-men stop thor, the hulk or sentry (when he was alive). plus dont they have cosmic character members?
    Legion and Rachel are a match for any of those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Trallis View Post
    Anybody remember that event that ended about a month ago? I think I remember the X-Men gaining the power of a near omnipotent being and still being defeated by the Avengers.
    They were defeated by HOPE, who is not an Avenger.

Hmmm... kind of surprised this isn't in the Rumbles board.

Anyways, OP specifically states that the Illuminti count as Avengers. Illuminati have Infinity Gems.

Avengers win.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-24-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

Three words.

Hyperion, Hulk, Thor.

Done.

I think people are putting way too much weight on how much power the characters wield, and not enough on how tough it is to take out a character, and that, ultimately, is what tips the balance in the Avengers favor.

Sure, Avengers have Scarlet Witch or Moondragon, however, how easy would it be for Wolverine, or Cable or one of the other X-Men "killers" to put a blade through their throats? (Probably harder for MD, seeing that telepaths are harder to surprse, but doable.)
    On the other hand, in mid-battle,Hawkeye could easily put an arrow through Legion's brain from a hundred yards, or Mantis could snap Rachel's neck off. Thor could probably blast them to dust, if well written (people seem to forget, due to the ridiculous showing in AvsX, but Thor has taken down Rachel before, when she was fully in possession of her Phoenix powers, and she was not fighting alone). However, how many X-Men actually have the power to take off the board someone like the Hulk, Hyperion, Wonder Man, gods like Herc or (when well written) Thor, or Eternals like Sersi or Gilgamesh?
    On the hard to kill in the X-Men front, you have what? Magneto? Wolverine? Who else?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think people are putting way too much weight on how much power the characters wield, and not enough on how tough it is to take out a character, and that, ultimately, is what tips the balance in the Avengers favor.

Sure, Avengers have Scarlet Witch or Moondragon, however, how easy would it be for Wolverine, or Cable or one of the other X-Men "killers" to put a blade through their throats? (Probably harder for MD, seeing that telepaths are harder to surprse, but doable.)
    On the other hand, in mid-battle,Hawkeye could easily put an arrow through Legion's brain from a hundred yards, or Mantis could snap Rachel's neck off. Thor could probably blast them to dust, if well written (people seem to forget, due to the ridiculous showing in AvsX, but Thor has taken down Rachel before, when she was fully in possession of her Phoenix powers, and she was not fighting alone). However, how many X-Men actually have the power to take off the board someone like the Hulk, Hyperion, Wonder Man, gods like Herc or (when well written) Thor, or Eternals like Sersi or Gilgamesh?
    On the hard to kill in the X-Men front, you have what? Magneto? Wolverine? Who else?

Peace
    Deadpool! I guess Deadpool is classed as an X-Men by way of X-Force. Plus he has the "think outside the box" way of thinking to get things done.

I have to say, my knowledge of the X-Men is limited so I'm not always too sure when I ak these things but........

Would Excalibur be counted as X-Men? For the sake of this thread?

If so, that would open up Captain Britain who I'd put down as a pretty heavy hitter and hard to kill.

But I guess he could be classed as an Avenger too.......
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 01-24-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

Captain Marvel (Monica), Ms. Marvel, Extremis Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, and Jarvis. Avengers all day every day.

It only took one Avenger to nearly wipe out all the X-Men.
    Black Panther eats pizza, we eat pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Deadpool! I guess Deadpool is classed as an X-Men by way of X-Force. Plus he has the "think outside the box" way of thinking to get things done.

I have to say, my knowledge of the X-Men is limited so I'm not always too sure when I ak these things but........

Would Excalibur be counted as X-Men? For the sake of this thread?

If so, that would open up Captain Britain who I'd put down as a pretty heavy hitter and hard to kill.

Bt I guess he could be classed as an Avengers too.......
    Sure. Don't see why not.

I'd also include Rogue on the hard to kill X-Men, depending on the powerset she's using.
    Ice-Man also, if there are enough full bladders on the X-Men's side (that's a Chuck Austen reference.).
    However, most of the X-Men bricks are not in the same league as the Avengers' (Namor could be seen as playing for both teams - that sounded dirtier than I intended).

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-24-2013 at 11:34 AM.