Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by USERNAME TAKEN View Post
    1. Johns' Atlanteans are immensely strong. Aquaman knocked Supes a fair distance.

2. Ocean Master used the trident to manipulate the weather and hit them with some powerful lightning. He used it kind of like mjolnir

Since it's established Atlanteans are stronger than before, I can accept them--or at least Aquaman--being able to knock Supes back. But taking Supes out with some lightning? Can't get with that, but oh well. Supes tends to get massively played down in team books, much like Thor does in the Avengers.

This is a new rebooted universe.
    Johns is putting AQ on a very high tier for all to see (although Morrison and Peter David already did that before to an extent).
    A quote from Johns interview on IGN: "And you look at Aquaman – I think he's one of the most powerful and regal characters in the DC Universe."

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Since it's established Atlanteans are stronger than before, I can accept them--or at least Aquaman--being able to knock Supes back. But taking Supes out with some lightning? Can't get with that, but oh well. Supes tends to get massively played down in team books, much like Thor does in the Avengers.
    Oy maybe it's the Trident? And I don't want to read Supergod anymore than I want to read Batgod.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kylesgirl View Post
    Oy maybe it's the Trident? And I don't want to read Supergod anymore than I want to read Batgod.
    And I don't want to see Superman jobbed.

But I'm dropping this subject. Haven't read the book yet (still at work), but I'll reserve further judgement until then.

I totally agree. That seemed incredibly stupid to me. The guy can flipping fly into the sun!
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

I don't mind the power boost to Aquaman, but I really dislike the heroes fighting hero stuff. We all know everyone will forgive and forget next issue, which makes nearly the entire issue pointless. I said as much in my review here, but seriously Cyborg needs more pages. I don't need to see the heroes punch each other for the majority of the book.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Well, since Vulko was able to knock him back, he should have expected it with Aquaman.
    Would you not be shocked if a person you called friend suddenly became violent with you?

And as far as being able to benchpress a planet, I'd guess that would make you damn near impossible to manhandled by a lower tiered (power-wise) character.
    again, thats if superman was actively trying not to be hurt. Like I said, this is a character that often gets manhandled due strictly to his nature. He doesnt have to dodge bullets even though he could... so he a rarely does. Hence why the kryptonite bullet rarely fails to hit him.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

it would depend on if the lightning is magical or natural. Magic lightning is still a big weakness for him, at least until they say magic doesnt hurt him in the Nu52

So do I need to read Aquaman #14 & #15 first then read Justice League #16?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ood Omega View Post
    Aquaman #14 is mostly a prologue, not that necessary but still good to know more about Ocean Master.

Aquaman #15 on the other hand, it's necessary to undertand what's happening here.

Honestly you really don't as the plot is incredibly simple it shouldn't be too hard to follow.

Throne of Atlantis starts officially at JL #15, then AM #15 then JL #16.

1) Damn, what the hell are they feeding Atlanteans these days that they can knock Superman around? A Superman, I might add, who can benchpress the weight of the Earth while being out of sunlight for 5 days straight.
    You need to remember statements like this don't matter. Super power heroed characters' strength fluctuates depending on the story and what needs to happen

2 issues ago batman was smacked down by Cheetarah and then Superman was held down by cheetarah. If cheetarah was strong enough to hold down "bench pressing the earth ten times over" Superman, when she smacked batman, batman should have popped

Superman has to deal with the Worf Effect this issue. Think of it as less Superman's jobbing and more that Johns is just proving that the bad guys are tough.

I would say, though, that Superman seems to be the first guy taken out of the fight in each of the first few story arcs, and it's getting kind of goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by HXHAlex View Post
    You need to remember statements like this don't matter. Super power heroed characters' strength fluctuates depending on the story and what needs to happen

2 issues ago batman was smacked down by Cheetarah and then Superman was held down by cheetarah. If cheetarah was strong enough to hold down "bench pressing the earth ten times over" Superman, when she smacked batman, batman should have popped
    Cheetah. That wasn't the Superman/Thundercats crossover.

I don't think Cheetah held him down, I think she just dodged and bit him.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 01-23-2013 at 07:47 AM.

LOL thats right, CHeetah

Still if Superman can bench press the earth multiple times over, he wouldn't need WW to assist him in lifting that submarine last (or was it an air carrier?) last issue

Trying to give these super strength heroes legitimate rules of strength level to go by will only hurt your head.