Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Justice League #16 Discussion/Spoilers

Fan-frikking-tastic! This issue is probably even better than the last one.

Arthur is doing his best to impede the war between Atlantis and the surface which is proving to be quite difficult since the whole world is starting to fear Atlantis as much as Apokolips, for this reason he's forced to make action he usually would'nt commit. The problem is that Ocean Master is much more powerful than he ever was.

Sorry to repeat myself but I loved this issue. Johns dropped a lot of plot points for future stories here: T.O. Morrow, Red Tornado?, Will Magnus, The Metal Men, The Grid, Tula, etc. Everything helped to make the story much more compeeling and I have to say it feels like it has much more content than ever before.

The art is magnificent of course, I don't need to mention it. So far this crossover is delivering.

The Shazam backup was fun too.

Love the mention of the Metal Men and T.O.Morrow's hinting at the Robot Red's (Tornado, etc.). Ocean Master certainly has a great way with words, and the Grid was awesome (is Goldrush a new character, or a reimagined one?)!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Love the mention of the Metal Men and T.O.Morrow's hinting at the Robot Red's (Tornado, etc.). Ocean Master certainly has a great way with words, and the Grid was awesome (is Goldrush a new character, or a reimagined one?)!
    A reimagined one, the last Goldrush was a guy if I remember correctly.

BANNED

So...did Superman job in this issue? He wasn't in the previews, so I'm guessing Ocean Master or Aquaman got rid of him somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    So...did Superman job in this issue? He wasn't in the previews, so I'm guessing Ocean Master or Aquaman got rid of him somehow.
    Don't piss off, Superman. ;)

Element Woman
    Green Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Shazam
    Hawkman
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    Goldrush
    Black Canary
    Firestorm

Wow, I love this issue.
    Last edited by nightrider; 01-23-2013 at 05:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    Don't piss off, Superman. ;)

LOL, now you got me excited.

LOL, now you got me excited.
    Don't get too excited :)...the day isn't saved. But he's not uselessly lying around for the whole issue.

BANNED

Cool. As long as he's not ko'd or wallpaper, I'm good.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Aquaman punched him out of the fight (but he wasnt KOed). Superman came back and gave the Atlanteans a roasting (literally) and Arthur noted that Supes is the most powerful person on the planet. Batman was physically useless throughout though.

Ocean Master used his trident to KO Supes, WW and Aquaman at the end of the issue.

This was a great issue. The end of the issue was even sweeter seeing the new members that will be brought in (critics of the McDuffie league won't be too happy though).
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

BANNED

1) Damn, what the hell are they feeding Atlanteans these days that they can knock Superman around? A Superman, I might add, who can benchpress the weight of the Earth while being out of sunlight for 5 days straight.

2) What the hell is in Ocean Master's trident that he can KO those three?

Amazing issue. Surprised that the army was able to take down the league. I underestimated what ORM would be capable of.

Glad to see Victor being forced to have to meet up with dad and having to gives up something that he preccives important. Looks like the next few issues are going to have him in the spotlight. Those last two pages got me hyped up. Answers why Zee won't be in the next arc of JLD.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

1) Damn, what the hell are they feeding Atlanteans these days that they can knock Superman around? A Superman, I might add, who can benchpress the weight of the Earth while being out of sunlight for 5 days straight.
    What does bench pressing the world have to do with being able to not be knocked off ones feet by a punch? If hes not expecting it to be a really strong punch it could still take him off his feet.

Thats always been superman's biggest flaw, he never expects the danger to be so great. Its why the kryptonite bullet always works. He rarely checks the gun with x-ray vision to look for the green bullet.... and he rarely dodges bullets to begin with.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

2) What the hell is in Ocean Master's trident that he can KO those three?
    1. Johns' Atlanteans are immensely strong. Aquaman knocked Supes a fair distance.

2. Ocean Master used the trident to manipulate the weather and hit them with some powerful lightning. He used it kind of like mjolnir
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    What does bench pressing the world have to do with being able to not be knocked off ones feet by a punch? If hes not expecting it to be a really strong punch it could still take him off his feet.

Thats always been superman's biggest flaw, he never expects the danger to be so great. Its why the kryptonite bullet always works. He rarely checks the gun with x-ray vision to look for the green bullet.... and he rarely dodges bullets to begin with.

Well, since Vulko was able to knock him back, he should have expected it with Aquaman.

And as far as being able to benchpress a planet, I'd guess that would make you damn near impossible to manhandled by a lower tiered (power-wise) character.