Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I think it's pretty obvious the baby is Zeus.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    She's flirting with a guy. That's "shenanigans?" Flirting does not equal sex.

She says, "I could put the old lady in a cab." That does not equal I will crawl into your lap and have your baby.
    Probably wouldn't be the first time, judging by recent events though she does seem to have forgotten all about that in this scene. But seeing a a woman who has had her baby stolen flirting with some random does indeed seem odd to me. If it was a guy hitting on a woman he just met while his kid was kidnapped that would just come across as sleazy.

But as I said, I allow for the possibility Dio was using some godly mojo on her.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-25-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

And Hera and Strife are a hell of a lot more entertaining that a talking pillow.
    But not Artemis.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”

It's action but it's kind of pointless. It's not like the First Born defeated Hades. It was just a distraction.

Whereas Diana is the only one to have actually moved the plot along, by encouraging Milan to help locate the baby. You can get more done with your head, not your fists. Should she have punched Milan out instead and beaten the crap out of Orion? It would satisfy your action quotient but it would also be pointless and counterproductive.
    Perhaps wags point is everything that happened in this issue could have been shown last month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Some of us want to see the superhero in her and in her comic book. That Azz doesn't seem able to do this is probably why he said this will be a horror book, not a superhero book.
    Think you are out of luck there, since I recall Azzarello at one point saying he didn't actually care that much for the genre. Bear in mind that we don't really know what he considers Superhero and what doesn't, but possibly it just bores him to tell the kind of stories Geoff Johns excels at.

Quote Originally Posted by aerohalen View Post
    Diana is still a guest in her own book.Yes the stories are good,but Diana needs to take the lead.
    If Diana isnt the lead, who is?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Think you are out of luck there, since I recall Azzarello at one point saying he didn't actually care that much for the genre. Bear in mind that we don't really know what he considers Superhero and what doesn't, but possibly it just bores him to tell the kind of stories Geoff Johns excels at.

If Diana isnt the lead, who is?
    Good question.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Good question.
    Zeus. He may not be the main character is terms of screen time, but the whole story revolves around him. Think of it this way, would Apollo give much thought to WW if she were not related to Zeus? Just sayin'.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Zeus. He may not be the main character is terms of screen time, but the whole story revolves around him. Think of it this way, would Apollo give much thought to WW if she were not related to Zeus? Just sayin'.
    Actually, Zola. Wonder Woman wouldn't be around if it weren't for her. This is the story about a mother and her child who will one day rule the heavens (or try to)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Actually, Zola. Wonder Woman wouldn't be around if it weren't for her. This is the story about a mother and her child who will one day rule the heavens (or try to)
    But Zola is only important because of Zeus. Hera nor Hermes nor Apollo nor Strife would care about her if the baby daddy was her average hookup. And the baby IS Zeus. ;)
    - Longfellow

Azzarello is trying fix Diana's patriarchal origin by having Wonder Woman raise her own father. It's everyone's worst nightmare when they hear that they have to change their parent's diapers, but in this case, I don't think it's that bad. Awww... Wonder Mommy

Honestly, I dont think there is a main character. Its like Lord of the Rings - you've got Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, Same - there are too many. Same with Battlestar.

I've read books and watched shows where there was a big cast, but in ones like Buffy where on persons name was in the title, you always had a sense that character was pre-eminent for some reason. The last two issues of Wonder Woman have not felt like that at all to me. One issue is not unusual, but two where the title character is not seen for more than half the story is just dragging things out.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by rob-olivera
    Quote Originally Posted by brettc1
    Honestly, I dont think there is a main character. Its like Lord of the Rings - you've got Frodo, Aragorn, Gandalf, Same - there are too many
    Presumably, AmericanWonder considers Sauron the main character of Lord of the Rings. And Rob probably considers that the main character is the ring. :)

I've read books and watched shows where there was a big cast, but in ones like Buffy where on persons name was in the title, you always had a sense that character was pre-eminent for some reason.
    To me, Willow, at times, seemed more interesting as well as more powerful than Buffy. But it didn't bother me. It was an ensemble cast. I see Wonder WOman as much more the hero of her book than one member of an ensemble. Look at issues 11-12, for instance. Lennox is useless; Hermes is traitorous; Zola is the rescued, not the rescuer; Wonner Woman is the one hero. Or look at 10. Strife helps Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman doesn't even want the help, and everyone besides Strife is pretty much just in and way. Sure, Heph may have had a plan, he's the elder counselor--Merlin, not Arthur--and he leaves Wonder Woman to figure out what to do and do it. It's her love that prompts Hades to let them go, and her shot that ends the issue on a high note. Or look at 13 and 14. Wonder Woman leaves Lennox at home, fends off soldiers and helps Siracca with her loneliness and bitterness. Compare the end of Buffy's Dark Willow arc, where it's really Xander, not Buffy, who successfully reaches out to their embittered friend and get her to stop feeling so murderous.

Or look at 0. Does anyone want to tell me that Wonder Woman wasn't the hero of that issue?
    Last edited by slvn; 01-25-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Great issue. Expected something was up with Milan's eyes, but not that. Once again we see Diana's power of getting through to her siblings. Can't wait to see how Zola handles a group of gods and what Strife is gotta get up too. And it was nice to finally see what Cassandra look like.

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Presumably, AmericanWonder considers Sauron the main character of Lord of the Rings. And Rob probably considers that the main character is the ring. :)
    lol - nice. That must mean Diana = Gandalf since she goes missing for large chunks of time. ;)

And don't go acting like #0 is the norm; it's the exception. It's one of the few issues she's actually in for 75% of the time.
    - Longfellow

lol - nice. That must mean Diana = Gandalf since she goes missing for large chunks of time. ;)

And don't go acting like #0 is the norm; it's the exception. It's one of the few issues she's actually in for 75% of the time.
    True that. 0 stands out as one of the fwe issues with a decent amount of story, presumably because Azz was only allowed one issue to tell it with.