Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,295

    Default Supergirl #16 Preview

    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

  2. #2
    Glitter and Gold AlfredIslas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    313

    Default

    I feel bad for Kara. She hasn't caught a break since she landed on Earth. Girl needs some rest :(

  3. #3

    Default

    Man, this issue...I think we need a new writer here.

    Some cool things in the Flash vs Supergirl fight, for sure, but that dialogue...! "Superman told me to get you out of here", "Superman told me to talk to you", "Superman told me to talk to you but if it idnd't work, to get you out of here by force!" "Superman told me to talk to you, then he said to get you out of here by force, THEN he said to use this device. Here's a bunch of information on how he got the device."

    Ooof.

    Asrar continues to amaze. H'El continues to underwhelm.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

    http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

  4. #4
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Ain't it nice how they turned Kara from a young woman who was true hero back in the Pre Crisis days into what we have finally arrived at today a whinny, confused, complete teen loser siding with the enemy and not knowing right from wrong.

    From a true role model for young ladies into this. What the hell are people in charge of these books thinking today.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 01-23-2013 at 07:54 AM.

  5. #5
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Ain't it nice how they turned Kara from a young woman who was true hero back in the Pre Crisis days into what we have finally arrived at today a whinny, confused, complete teen loser siding with the enemy and not knowing right from wrong.

    From a true role model for young ladies into this. What the hell are people in charge of these books thinking today.
    Wait, wasn't she exactly like that when she was reintroduced by Jeph Loeb? You know, in that story where she worked with Darkseid for a time?
    At least, here, she has some kind of reason to believe what the guy said.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  6. #6
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Wait, wasn't she exactly like that when she was reintroduced by Jeph Loeb? You know, in that story where she worked with Darkseid for a time?
    At least, here, she has some kind of reason to believe what the guy said.
    Yea, Wasn't a fan of that either. They almost got her right by the time Flashpoint happened but she still had a ways to go with that too. I understand they want her to grow from a girl into a woman but at least give her the common sense to be smart enough to know right from wrong.

    She hasn't been 100% right IMO since the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Last edited by Lexrules; 01-23-2013 at 08:09 AM.

  7. #7
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Yea, Wasn't a fan of that either. They almost got her right by the time Flashpoint happened but she still had a ways to go with that too. I understand they want her to grow from a girl into a woman but at least give her the common sense to be smart enough to know right from wrong.

    She hasn't been 100% right IMO since the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Honestly, I would be in her place, I would totally go with H'El's plan. I mean, she isn't aware of the whole "exploding the Solar System" thing, and last time she met "Kal El " (who was actually H'El in disguise), he beated the crap out of her, basically saying "know your place girl". Not to mention that all of this is happening while she's coping with the fact THE WORLD HAS SHE KNOWS IT HAS EXPLODED. I mean, put yourself in her place, if one day, I realized I was on another planet and that Earth, with every one I care about, has exploded, I would believe any idiot promissing me to make everything go back to the way it was, especially if, as far as I would know, doing so would have no bad consequence for the people of whatever planet I ended up on.
    Honestly, for the most part, it felt relatively believable (as far as comics go). Not like that dumb Jeph Loeb story.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  8. #8
    It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    Honestly, I would be in her place, I would totally go with H'El's plan. I mean, she isn't aware of the whole "exploding the Solar System" thing, and last time she met "Kal El " (who was actually H'El in disguise), he beated the crap out of her, basically saying "know your place girl". Not to mention that all of this is happening while she's coping with the fact THE WORLD HAS SHE KNOWS IT HAS EXPLODED. I mean, put yourself in her place, if one day, I realized I was on another planet and that Earth, with every one I care about, has exploded, I would believe any idiot promissing me to make everything go back to the way it was, especially if, as far as I would know, doing so would have no bad consequence for the people of whatever planet I ended up on.
    Honestly, for the most part, it felt relatively believable (as far as comics go). Not like that dumb Jeph Loeb story.
    I don't know. I just think they are going about it in the wrong way much like everything related with Superman in the New 52. With all the mistrust from the population toward Superman and even more to come, To the whole In fighting between the Superman family itself, even things like Clark taking his glasses off and giving a Superman like speech in front of everyone at the Daily Planet it just is wrong on so many levels to me. And you already know about the suit.

  9. #9
    Inf‚me et fier de l'Ítre Auguste Dupin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    I don't know. I just think they are going about it in the wrong way much like everything related with Superman in the New 52. With all the mistrust from the population toward Superman and even more to come, To the whole In fighting between the Superman family itself, even things like Clark taking his glasses off and giving a Superman like speech in front of everyone at the Daily Planet it just is wrong on so many levels to me. And you already know about the suit.
    And you already know, for pretty much all these points, I actually disagree with you.
    As for the suit.....yeah I know the T Shirt is much much cooler than anything Superman ever had in its entire existence, and I'm sad to see it put mostly into the past, but well.....c'est la vie.
    "I'm going to paraphrase Nietzsche, when you judge a work, the work judges you."

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Yea, Wasn't a fan of that either. They almost got her right by the time Flashpoint happened but she still had a ways to go with that too. I understand they want her to grow from a girl into a woman but at least give her the common sense to be smart enough to know right from wrong.
    I think this is an unreasonable criticism, given the fact that she's been lied to and manipulated. No amount of "common sense" overcomes the lack of good information.

  11. #11
    Glitter and Gold AlfredIslas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Kara woke up and had to fight people immediately with powers she didn't know she had. Then Superman came and she, understandably scared and confused, attacked him too. Then eventually she got kidnapped. World Killers (I may be getting this out of order) then came to Earth and she had to fight them off alone with her new powers. She then met some ghost girl (I forget details) and she eventually fights her dad and brings back her long lost brother. H'el comes screw everything around and then he gives her the ability to speak English. Okay, I definitely got things out of order but she's been through a lot. I'm not too happy with the decision to make her work for the enemy but Kara just hasn't been given any downtime.

  12. #12
    Elder Member zryson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,043

    Default

    Wow, just 16 issues in Supergirl is a horrible title. The artwork and storytelling (what there is) is awful. Honestly I feel DC have no idea what to do with the characters anymore. Its like they spend so much time on building up the necessary TBC that they have forgotten how to tell good stories. Its just more of the same really. Which is sad because Supergirl is a good character or rather was, but this new 52 isn't fulfilling its promise.

  13. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    18,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    Man, this issue...I think we need a new writer here.

    Some cool things in the Flash vs Supergirl fight, for sure, but that dialogue...! "Superman told me to get you out of here", "Superman told me to talk to you", "Superman told me to talk to you but if it idnd't work, to get you out of here by force!" "Superman told me to talk to you, then he said to get you out of here by force, THEN he said to use this device. Here's a bunch of information on how he got the device."
    Yeah I felt exactly the same, the "Superman tome me this, Superman told me that." I ended up skipping the long-winded dialogue and it ended up being a very very quick read.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Superlad93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,545

    Default

    Krypto!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,529

    Default

    Yeah krypto is here,and barry looked like he could have ripped kara a new one...if kal allowed it.
    Dont mess with the "S"

    Mutation is a bitch

    Bring back kon-el/Conner kent

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •