Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Last time this came up, Sharp did some calculations and figured that even though Spider-Man could react faster than Storm, his webs wouldn't reach her before she could do react. I am willing to bet both the webs and Pete himself have better speed feats than the Symbiotes and their tendrils. It doesn't help in my mind that they essentially need to nail Scott and Storm before either can activate their powers OR Kitty and Kurt can latch onto a glass cannon and get them out of harms way.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Pretty much. The symbiotes would need to be considerably faster than Peter or have faster attacks than him in order to attack people from across the starting distance before they can react.

Which...they might be, I'm not familiar enough with them to say.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sol M View Post
    Can Carnage pull the mind control trick without having to cross the starting distance? Can his ranged attacks hit an opponent from a hundred feet away before they can react?

If the answer to either of these is yes, then he takes it, otherwise I can see Storm being turned intangible.
    The thing is, Carnage can spam those attacks, firing hundreds of blades and tendrils at once. There is no prep here, Kitty can't come in phasing everyone, so at least half the team gets possessed since none of them are dodging.

Well, saying that, I wasn't really considering GOMLZARK. It's a question of whether the symbiotes can get stuff off and there before Scotty can go all visor-free.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The thing is, Carnage can spam those attacks, firing hundreds of blades and tendrils at once. There is no prep here, Kitty can't come in phasing everyone, so at least half the team gets possessed since none of them are dodging.

Well, saying that, I wasn't really considering GOMLZARK. It's a question of whether the symbiotes can get stuff off and there before Scotty can go all visor-free.
    Do you have scans supporting the hundreds of of blades and tendrils he can throw?

If you can't, I'm going to my tell my friend 'speculation without proof'. Hundreds is written to mean a LOT.
    Last edited by AdvanceBushido; 01-23-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -Confucius

If Scott can reach his face, he's got time to touch Kitty. Once that's done, the X-Men are safe and can pick apart the symbiotes at their leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drax1981 View Post
    If Scott can reach his face, he's got time to touch Kitty. Once that's done, the X-Men are safe and can pick apart the symbiotes at their leisure.
    Not really, since neither Scott nor Storm have any feats for affecting the solid world while phased. The instant that they come unphased, BOOM.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Not really, since neither Scott nor Storm have any feats for affecting the solid world while phased. The instant that they come unphased, BOOM.
    Storm doesn't need to touch anyone, and her lightning is generated by a source that isn't her.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

More "Ack!".

Carnage slices people up, he doesn't explode them.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Storm doesn't need to touch anyone, and her lightning is generated by a source that isn't her.
    I'm dubious on Storm being able to direct lightning from a storm she calls up while intangible.

Everything for Big Fire BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I'm dubious on Storm being able to direct lightning from a storm she calls up while intangible.
    It doesn't really seem like it should be an issue, since the whole thing is essentially will (unless there's some ridiculous physics explanation for her power that I'm unaware of), but I'm not really familiar with Shadowcat, so I dunno. I'd say it seems about as likely as being able to use any other mental power while intangible.

Edit: If Shadowcat can disable powers by making someone intangible, that could make her even more useful than intangibility already is.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-23-2013 at 04:00 PM.
    I swim through a sea of stars
    without looking back to shore.
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

It travels enough into a grey area of "things that are not telepathy but are instead tangible things" as far as it goes that I'm leery to just handwave that she could.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It travels enough into a grey area of "things that are not telepathy but are instead tangible things" as far as it goes that I'm leery to just handwave that she could.
    Give that she's never actually done it, in the 40 years that she and Kitty have been teamates, kind of lends credence to the idea that she can't. I don't recall ANYONE, EVER affecting the unphased world while Kitty was phasing them. She always has to unphase them to let them attack. I don't even recall telepathy or TK ever working for a character while Kitty was phasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel
    More "Ack!".

Carnage slices people up, he doesn't explode them.
    REALLY!?!?!? My god man, I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find this out. :-)

He slices, dices and also sometimes just flat out pummels and smashes. Hence the "BOOM." I did not mean to offer the implication that Carnage uses explosives.

None of it will matter when the GOMLZARK kicks off and blows the symbiotes off Scotty's lawn.