Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 52 of 52
  1. #46
    Astral God Surtur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    26,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the_kaz View Post
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/ralph-na...esters-6402713

    All of which makes me wonder, yet again, why are so many Americans aghast at the idea of "legally enforceable" ratings for video games, like what we have in the U.K. and elsewhere? We've come a long way since the days when pixelated red sprites were the worst thing parents had to worry about their children seeing in video games, after all.
    I'm confused. All games come with a rating on them that tells you who they are suited for. After that it is kind of up to the parents to decide which games they allow their kids to play.

    So you really don't need to crack down on violent video games, crack down on parenting. Though I still think if a video game is going to cause you to become violent then you have mental issues and they would of surfaced one way or another, video games or not..something would of made them snap. I've played many a violent videogame, and I've never once committed an act of violence because of it, but then I know the difference between reality and fantasy.
    Last edited by Surtur; 01-31-2013 at 07:35 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

  2. #47
    Ooo... shiny! xnef1025's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    795

    Default

    All the garbage all of these politicians and talking heads are spouting about "violent video games" is all just smoke and mirrors. They just want to look like they are doing something when in fact it's all a load of crap. Even Obama's plan to fund those correlation studies is just a way to pacify the NRA/gun industry so they don't completely turn off the money spigot. Video games have already been verified by the supreme court as a protected form of free speech. If a publisher really wants to sell a game that can't pass the existing ESRB ratings sytem with less than an Adults Only rating they have ample ways to sell it outside of the major vendors.

    All this crap is just a magic act to keep the NRA happy keep sending money Washington's way.

  3. #48
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    If there would be an actual good Iranian videogame where you go up against the US would they try to ban it?

  4. #49
    Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning
    Posts
    3,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    If there would be an actual good Iranian videogame where you go up against the US would they try to ban it?
    Well there is Spec Ops: The Line, which features a splinter of the US Army as the bad guys, but you are playing an American in that one.
    I doubt there would be an outright ban, though publishers and retailers would treat it like radioactive material and avoid it. They could offer it online on an independent website. If a game like JFK: Reloaded can be released free online and not explode with controversy, I don't know why an Iranian game would.
    Life is but a dream.

    Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

  5. #50
    Elder Member Mat001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I'm confused. All games come with a rating on them that tells you who they are suited for. After that it is kind of up to the parents to decide which games they allow their kids to play.

    So you really don't need to crack down on violent video games, crack down on parenting. Though I still think if a video game is going to cause you to become violent then you have mental issues and they would of surfaced one way or another, video games or not..something would of made them snap. I've played many a violent videogame, and I've never once committed an act of violence because of it, but then I know the difference between reality and fantasy.
    This, right here. This is what it all boils down to with video games, movies, music and television. Questionable content isn't the problem.

  6. #51
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    Well there is Spec Ops: The Line, which features a splinter of the US Army as the bad guys, but you are playing an American in that one.I doubt there would be an outright ban, though publishers and retailers would treat it like radioactive material and avoid it. They could offer it online on an independent website. If a game like JFK: Reloaded can be released free online and not explode with controversy, I don't know why an Iranian game would.
    it still feels dirty and weird, but that is kind of the point of the game

    it looks at standard conventions in the military shooter genre
    Support your local roller derby league

  7. #52
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Mike posted
    would treat it like radioactive material and avoid it.
    Wouldn' the controvery bump sales so it would be worth it?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •