Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default To all religious people or people who like to revel in it out there:

This thread might be a bit silly and trivial of me to make, but since we're in the Community Forum here anyway and learning about stuff... I figure I'd go a bit religious or philosophical to let my steam out. And to answer this question, would require knowledge of people who go to the Rumbles section or any forum to debate which fictional characters would beat the other and stuff.

If we were to analyze the worst and most horrible scenario/nightmare that anyone could contemplate... which would you believe is worse if you were a person who believed in God or any omni/super-being and worshipped/reveled in their vast greatness and why?

1) God or any of your favorite real deity/being sending you and all your friends, family, loved-ones (girlfriends included), and favorite celebrities/people to eternal damnation with no hope, escape, or rest, especially no matter how much you or all of them defended, praised, and worshipped said God and no matter how much you were told to feel that He/she/it is benevolent/good and awesome, beautiful, cool, sacred, holy, etc.?

Or

2) God or any of your favorite real deity/being... well... let's say... not existing at all to you. Or being defeated and destroyed and to add insult to injury, being talked shit of in front of you (either speaking from the POV of a battle discussion thread or anywhere outside) by any worst characters, peoples, or things you hate the most, no matter how omnipotent/unbeatable/invincible you were told to believe them from the beginning of your life and how much were you told that He/she/it would protect and comfort you from all problems and troubles that are present or have even yet to come.

And an alternative bonus to the second: Being tied up in a chair with your mouth duct-taped in a giant E3-sized room filled with thousands of people shouting into your ear about how your God or favorite real-life deity is "weak", "false", "evil", "useless", and "fictional/imaginary/made-up" and how by "facts and evidence" he would lose to "insert comic/cartoon/fictional character" at least a million times while hitting you with bars of soap wrapped in blankets like in that scene from Full Metal Jacket.

And state your well-thought reasons as to why either scenario is the worse one.
    Current Mood: Still Bored/Awkward
    Currently Playing: None (except for maybe my NES/SNES emulator occasionally)
    Madworld Respect Thread

Aren't you the guy that went on and on about being afraid of the future and it eventually ended up being a batshit crazy racist screed? I don't think we want to go down that road again with religion this time.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Aren't you the guy that went on and on about being afraid of the future and it eventually ended up being a batshit crazy racist screed? I don't think we want to go down that road again with religion this time.
    Oh sureeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... why don't you all come into this thread and bash me for like one or two misplaced comments I made ages ago and calling me "batshit crazy" when you guys are the ones who adamantly refused to even come up with anything remotely intelligent to productively counter points in vids I posted that I specifically got from my friend.

And for christ's sake, who the hell cares? "Religion" is one of the topics to be listed for this particular sub-section of the forum.

And will you please just put a sock in it and give it a rest? I was just in a screwed-up mood at the time and I was far less rational, intelligent, and enlightened about things at the time than I am right now.

Throw out pointless off-topic "racist" or other black-sheep accusations all you like, but fuck if I care, I know I'm far from being one in reality and all my friends and at least many people who know crap about me know I'm an intelligent, friendly, funny, tolerant, and impartial person when I want to be and I know my place and what's truly important for me in life. I have plenty of non-white/non-asian friends in real-life, not that it actually matters, in terms of proving myself non-racist. Those that say or think otherwise are ignorant of who I really am in real-life or even the internet.

I've changed quite A LOT since the beginning of this year and I'm not about to discuss off-topic crap from past threads. So do something other than just idly pointing fingers at me and if you have nothing useful to contribute to this thread (which I made for fun and for far different purposes), then go elsewhere, Paradox-kun.

Anything off-topic from you in this thread will be ignored and treated as "trolling". -__-

Gracias, amigo and have a nice day.
    Last edited by Ed Traxler; 09-23-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Madworld Respect Thread

**applauds**

Nice performance. I especially like the concept of "my thread". That always goes over big here.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

**applauds**

Nice performance. I especially like the concept of "my thread". That always goes over big here.
    How about actually contributing a real answer to this thread instead of making miserably failed attempts at looking witty?

You know how intentional "off-topicness" is frowned upon.

Once again, if you have nothing productive to say, then darwin yourself out of this thread. I'm pretty sure someone's telling you to "gtfo" dude.
    Last edited by Ed Traxler; 08-05-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    Madworld Respect Thread

The Lord helps those who help themselves.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Faith is what it is. Faith.

You can live a life devoted to bein a good, kind and caring person. What are your benefits? Being a good, kind and caring person. Being kind is it's own reward. You can live the life of being an a-hole. What's the reward? Being an a-hole that alot of people don't like.

Also, it is far better to believe and be proven wrong than not to believe and be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Faith is what it is. Faith.

You can live a life devoted to bein a good, kind and caring person. What are your benefits? Being a good, kind and caring person. Being kind is it's own reward. You can live the life of being an a-hole. What's the reward? Being an a-hole that alot of people don't like.

Also, it is far better to believe and be proven wrong than not to believe and be proven wrong.
    Finally a slightly less off-topic answer. Not what I was looking for, but okay to say the least.

Now personally I'm curious to see what is worse in your opinion and why? What i'm reaching around for is in essence a question of "what's worse? your favorite thing or person hating you? or your favorite thing or person being trashed?". It's an appeal to philosophically speculating and finding out which awkward or negative situations produces the worst end-results or consequences on one's own emotion, psychology, or being as a whole.
    Madworld Respect Thread

IssunBoshi really should watch what he asks for:

How about actually contributing a real answer to this thread instead of making miserably failed attempts at looking witty?
    I'm not trying to be "witty". I'm trying to say "Hey, everyone, remember the guy that trolled us long term over a couple of years, never making much sense or listening to anyone, and then it got completely nuts at the end?" I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be Kenneth Eng.

But, if you insist...it's an ill thought out idea. Half false dichotomy and half "leading question" and using elaborate unlikely scenarios. Now, to what end? It can't be about a serious religious discussion unless you're woefully ignorant about religion, and then there's far better ways to approach this. Make a point or something, otherwise it's kind of pointless.

You know how intentional "off-topicness" is frowned upon.
    It really isn't. In fact, on the Comm board, it's pretty much a way of life.
    'Dox out.

I'm not trying to be "witty". I'm trying to say "Hey, everyone, remember the guy that trolled us long term over a couple of years, never making much sense or listening to anyone, and then it got completely nuts at the end?"
    Shut the hell up, I never really trolled anyone. All I did was create two casual threads about my thoughts of the future at the time and seeing everyone else's opinions about it.

I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if you turned out to be Kenneth Eng.
    I, uh, I don't really... y'know... give a shit, to be perfectly honest. Nor about what you have to say/think.

And I don't know who this Kenneth Eng is nor do I care enough to be interested in him or his views (but you seem to have a thing for him). I know my views and outlook have currently changed since then.

But whatever I can't be fucked to sit here all night to tell you about stuff that only you seem to care enough to mentioning after like 2 months ago. And I swear, I wouldn't be surprised if you turn out to be an even bigger and more ignorant hypocrite than this Kenneth Eng or any so-called "Azn/White/etc. Supremacist" that you seem to take such fascination in, for constantly falsely accusing me of things I don't really do and just BAW'ing at me about shit I posted a LONG time ago.

I don't know why you're the only one who actually cares when you clearly see everyone else in this thread isn't bitching about it like you are, but I don't really give a **** if you're just here to show your rampant obsession of pestering me about saying stuff that slipped out of my mind that I never actually half-meant (if anyone actually bothers to notice) and when I wasn't in the right mood and mind at the time (and if you felt trolled about that, well... that's your problem dude). Unless you want me to start doing the same to you anytime you say something that's dumber than the dumbest things I've ever said put together.

But, if you insist...it's an ill thought out idea. Half false dichotomy and half "leading question" and using elaborate unlikely scenarios. Now, to what end? It can't be about a serious religious discussion unless you're woefully ignorant about religion, and then there's far better ways to approach this. Make a point or something, otherwise it's kind of pointless.
    And no, bro, i ain't ignorant of religion, I'm just trying to find out what's more unpleasant from anyone's end in philosphically well-thought-out ways.

It really isn't. In fact, on the Comm board, it's pretty much a way of life.
    Once again, if you're all going to do is try and bash me (only to see your efforts end in failure) and have nothing productive beyond that to contribute to this thread, then boot yourself out to save space for other nicer and more intelligent people to post or breathe in.

I'm pretty sure anyone with the slightest reading comprehension would have half-brain to know that someone here is telling you to "get bent".
    Last edited by Ed Traxler; 08-07-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: just editing cause I'm bored and had things to say but didn't think about it back then or got the chance to.
    Madworld Respect Thread

Live with it. Our pasts follow all of us, especially when the pasts are public and retained for anyone to read. People with trolly pasts get suspicions of current/future trolling put on them.

And no, bro, i ain't ignorant of religion, I'm just trying to find out what's more unpleasant from anyone's end in philosphically well-thought-out ways.
    Why? You've slanted the questions and imposed impossible qualifications. Nothing following the rules you want will be of any value at all. You obviously have a preferred angle here. What is it?
    'Dox out.

Live with it. Our pasts follow all of us, especially when the pasts are public and retained for anyone to read. People with trolly pasts get suspicions of current/future trolling put on them.

Why? You've slanted the questions and imposed impossible qualifications. Nothing following the rules you want will be of any value at all. You obviously have a preferred angle here. What is it?
    I never even had anything close to a trollish past in the Community Forum here until like two months ago, not that I give a shit anyways, and that was when I was making like one or two posts, at least half of which is based on what my friend told me and it's not my fault you people refuse to give any intelligent answer as to countering arguments said in the vid. And Mormel told me he's said and done worse and why the hell aren't you grilling his ass. And it's just a random Internet forum, who else is going to give a damn about a handful of posts I made?

Stop acting like you have the moral high ground and feigning perfection and wittiness when you clearly don't.

But you know what? Go ahead... keep hamming it up, keep dehumanizing me, insulting me, belittling me, hate me, wish for me to banned, wish death on me, wish for me to burn in hell, etc.

Well then, I guess I can't convince you about myself at this point. You can say whatever you want about me, but all this bullshit demonization you're doing to me is funny and worthless because you don't even know who I am and is judging me because of one or two misplaced posts about global trends and issues that my friend told me about that nobody but you seem to still care about. Only I do.

And the lot of you are just trying to hate on me for extremely petty reasons and you're a mouth-breathing troglodyte if you think for one nanosecond that I actually care about the insults coming from you when I have a fuckton of friends of all backgrounds both in real-life and the internet who look to me as a cool and upstanding guy, while you just pretend you're the creme of the crop in this forum and that you have moral high standards compared to everyone else, well guess what? You don't, despite what anyone else thinks.

And I know damn straight that I'm not this demented David Copeland-like Skinhead that you're fruitlessly trying to make me out to be.

When there are absolutely zero instances in my past posts showing me attacking any other race or ethnic group at all and in fact I actually don't care more than a slight fuck about one racial group in this country becomes a minority when it's glaringly obvious they're still increasing in numbers.

You guys just can't deal with the truth and instead of properly refuting a single argument that's been posted back then, you have to stoop yourselves lower by playing the Strawman and "Ad Hominem" card to make it look like I'm the one who's intentionally harassing people of other races (because... me saying that I feel sorry and shocked for the supposed slight for one race TOTALLY equals me hating everyone else right?) and you're all innocent and therefore are right to ignore my opinion and any facts I gathered. It's not my fault you people refuse to counter every argument said in the vid and arguments not said by myself, but OTHER people. You either need to go see the optometrist or repeat the 5th Grade before reading my posts again.

And again, you're accomplishing absolutely nothing by rubbing it into my face or other people's faces about past stuff that: A) nobody cares about anymore B) I am trying to forget about and improve upon while letting the past die in the wind (and even some of the things I said was actually quite true and based on researched facts/evidence, something you people seem to ignore or be averse to). C) that I don't give a fuck about saying anymore. Save it for someone who still cares.

And also seriously, will you fucking leave the others out of this? This is between you and me and not them. That goes for the shit on any of my future threads I post in. Stop trying to drag other people into something they don't give a fuck about anymore.

And as for what I want is this thread... I'll break it down as much as possible for you and do try to understand as much of it as possible: WHICH. IS. WORSE? There.
    Last edited by Ed Traxler; 09-23-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Editing this, cause I'm bored and wanted to add something I didn't get to add in.
    Madworld Respect Thread

If it were proven in the end that there was no God, should I regret living the life that I did in trying to live up to his expectations? Should I say that my life was a disappointment? I don't see it that way, especially since I'm happy living that life.

Fine, forget the past. Let's just deal with this. I understand the question. It's a silly one, of no point whatsoever. The situations are outlandish and convoluted and nothing approaching reality. There isn't a "worse" because neither of those situations would really happen. Maybe your question is "Which one have I hit an emotional nerve by exaggerating wildly?"

So I'm more interested in your motivation for asking. The situations seem oddly specific (although exaggerated), so did something like this happen to you or someone you know?
    'Dox out.

Wait...I know you. Captain Clarkie's Avatar

From what I remember, the Sermon on the Mount does directly contradict this, I think.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'