Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMighty View Post
    Let them have their dream. D@N was just stirring up some shit anyway.
    You can always see a Storm hater a mile a way.

o

Seriously does the leadership thing really mean anything?? LOL. Whether a character leads or not does not necessarily make good characterization. The stories and the way the character is written should be what matters most. Whether Rogue leads or not does not diminish her character in any way. She is a badass no matter what and a great X-Men to boot.
    Last edited by jen; 01-22-2013 at 10:30 PM.

This is the beginning of the article:

Marvel Comics' premier team of mutant heroes may be known as the X-Men, but female characters have been an important part of the team since its inception. During the legendary "X-Men" run of writer Chris Claremont the team's ranks became even more complex and compelling thanks to the introduction of strong female characters like Storm, Rogue, Psylocke, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee and Rachel Summers.

This April, those six mutants will join forces to become the protagonists in a new volume of "X-Men" by writer Brian Wood and artist Olivier Coipel. Comic Book Resources spoke with Wood about his plans for the new Marvel NOW! series, which include an appearance by the villainous being known as Sublime.

It says 6 mutants, not 5 mutants and a vampire so maybe she does have her powers back vampire/mutant hybrid maybe just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    Well she most CERTAINLY didn't do it well...

Good job Mr. Wood. The book sounds so promising and It's definitely at the top of my pull list.
    Ugh, I hate this misconception. What did Rogue do wrong or that she could've prevented in adjectiveless? She knowingly took all the potential backstabbers out of the mansion since Cyclops was stupid enough to let Mystique in the front door. The only one that really surprised her was Lady M, and if she didn't give Mastermind a chance to be redeem herself at least once she'd be a giant hypocrite.

Besides, her first tenure as leader she did fine (X-men #103). That wasn't her first go around.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RoguefanAM View Post
    Ugh, I hate this misconception. What did Rogue do wrong or that she could've prevented in adjectiveless? She knowingly took all the potential backstabbers out of the mansion since Cyclops was stupid enough to let Mystique in the front door. The only one that really surprised her was Lady M, and if she didn't give Mastermind a chance to be redeem herself at least once she'd be a giant hypocrite.

Besides, her first tenure as leader she did fine (X-men #103). That wasn't her first go around.
    It's bullshit. Rogue did far more as leader than Storm and her string of failures ever accomplished. Let's see Storm take down a mummadrai by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecooler2u View Post
    I'd probably insert Secret Avengers # 1 after UXF and Nova and GOTG after Young Avengers in that list. I'd prob move Fearless Defenders to the back of the list (obviously not because it's a female team as X-Men is also an all-female team). I'm just not big on the Valkyrie aspect. Then again I don't really get into Thor or JIM either.
    Eh, I'm not actually going to get Secret Avengers. Don't like Fury, Jr. Don't care for the 'memwipe them after every mission' concept. Not getting Nova either, because of the Loeb factor. I'll give GOTG a try, but my expectations are somewhat tempered because I don't know the characters at all.

By contrast, I do like Valkyrie (and Thor, and the Loki and Sif-centric runs on JiM), so Fearless Defenders is on my list, although I'm not sold yet on the interior art. YA is after FD on my list solely because I'm not entirely sold yet on Gillen's take on the characters (or maybe I just prefer his actual comics work to his interviews... I'm not sure).

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

I got a question, who's leading Uncanny X-Force.

The more I read and hear about this title the more I get the vibe it will be for the X-Men what the Avengers movie was for the Marvel cinematic universe.

And from now on I am not reading any interviews or solicits about it, because basicly the whole first issue has been spoiled and I am just too damn interested in it to ruin it for myself.

Taking bets on how soon Wolverine shows up on the cover.

Totally getting this one, too.

Great article. I really like how Wood seems to be approaching this book. I'm also glad Jubilee is coming back into the picture. She has been MIA since the arc with Lord Deathstrike during Gischler's run. I'm probably in the minority, but I really liked Jubilee becoming a vampire. I think it did wonders for her character. I hope that continues under Wood. All the other X-women he's mentioned (except for maybe Rachel) have had plenty of material on them. Jubilee hasn't. She sat out AvX and most of the aftermath. I really want to see her rise to the occasion again like she did during Gischler's adjectiveless run. I also hope that this book is more linked in with the rest of the X-books. I've noticed that books that are regularly cut off from the rest of the X-books are often the first to get canceled prematurely.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I got a question, who's leading Uncanny X-Force.
    Psylocke and Storm are co-leading UXF.

why is jubilee shooting sparks on that alternate cover.. has she regained her real powers again? is she still a vampire?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    why is jubilee shooting sparks on that alternate cover.. has she regained her real powers again? is she still a vampire?
    You've not bothered to read the thread, then.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by briancwood View Post
    I wish I could easily find all my recent posts on the subject, but one last time: she is a vampire.

b
    Mr. Wood, are there plans to use Maha Yogi, or have him return to menace the X-men. I know he was an 05 villian, but it would be cool to see him back.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.