Page 24 of 156 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    They didn't.

Billy and Tommy, as they presently are were never born. They were created as teenage boys in the wake of House of M, and as far as the world is concerned they had always been a part of the families they were with.

Neither the boys or their parents (or anyone) was cognizant of the fact, until the boys themselves began to seek out their mother.

Because reality warping.
    Didnt Young Avengers start before House of M? At around the same time Bendis' New Avengers started
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Didnt Young Avengers start before House of M? At around the same time Bendis' New Avengers started
    I originally thought the same - that Young Avengers began in the wake of Bendis' Avengers Disassembled, but apparently the in-universe timeline isn't strictly congruent with the publishing timeline.

In-Universe, the House Of M white-out happens only a couple of days after the New Avengers first come unofficially together, so it's relatively easy to view the first YA issue as happening within a few days of the end of House Of M. After all, there was no YA HoM tie in, nor was it ever shown to occur explicitly before HoM; there's no mention of M-Day in YA, which has helped to give other books a fixed point in relation to each other.

So that plus the Marvel statements means we have to make an educated guess regards the time frame for YA #1. You can either choose to place it immediately after House Of M, in which case everything published since basically works (yes, including Billy's "I met a woman who might have been Wanda" story)... or you can choose to be obstinate and demand that YA #1 happened before HoM, in which case barely anything at all works, the entire run is stupid, Children's Crusade is beyond stupid, huge questions arise that serve to do nothing more than instigate arguments on the forum & encourage that one guy who really seems to relish typing the word "womb", and I'd have to question exactly why a reader would even bother to be involved with the characters after coming to that conclusion.
    Last edited by Lady_Alternate; 02-11-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Lady_Alternate strikes again.

Feast your ear tongues on these knowledge pops, people!

Mmmm. Tastey brilliance!
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

I originally thought the same - that Young Avengers began in the wake of Bendis' Avengers Disassembled, but apparently the in-universe timeline isn't strictly congruent with the publishing timeline.

In-Universe, the House Of M white-out happens only a couple of days after the New Avengers first come unofficially together, so it's relatively easy to view the first YA issue as happening within a few days of the end of House Of M. After all, there was no YA HoM tie in, nor was it ever shown to occur explicitly before HoM; there's no mention of M-Day in YA, which has helped to give other books a fixed point in relation to each other.

So that plus the Marvel statements means we have to make an educated guess regards the time frame for YA #1. You can either choose to place it immediately after House Of M, in which case everything published since basically works (yes, including Billy's "I met a woman who might have been Wanda" story)... or you can choose to be obstinate and demand that YA #1 happened before HoM, in which case barely anything at all works, the entire run is stupid, Children's Crusade is beyond stupid, huge questions arise that serve to do nothing more than instigate arguments on the forum & encourage that one guy who really seems to relish typing the word "womb", and I'd have to question exactly why a reader would even bother to be involved with the characters after coming to that conclusion.
    Yeah I think that works for most of it, and for the details I'll just go with "a wizard/wanda/reality warping did it".
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Aaaah okay I understand now, I just wasn't sure if maybe Children's Crusade might have thrown in some other details, I only have random issues from that story. Thanks!

*Witty User Title Here* linkspirit97's Avatar

Bacon makes you fat. Reality warping makes you fabulous.
    Bacon makes you fat???

Not Jennie-O Turkey Bacon!

0 points on Weight Watchers!!!
    BLAM!
    cpjudd.com

Quote Originally Posted by linkspirit97 View Post
    Bacon makes you fat???
    Tasty bacon does, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Not Jennie-O Turkey Bacon!

0 points on Weight Watchers!!!
    BLAM!
    This is not tasty bacon.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

YOUNG AVENGERS #5
    KIERON GILLEN (W) • JAMIE MCKELVIE (A & C)
    VARIANT COVER BY JIM CHEUNG
    • The book where when a character says "I did it half an hour ago" normally means doing "it" half an hour ago reaches its first epic conclusion.
    • Why Did Loki Do It? No one kno... okay, we'll tell you... Well, part of it.
    • Miss America probably punches someone. She usually does.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/20099/f...#ixzz2Kc9vf8o2

YES!!! Young Avengers, SUITED UP!! And battling some yet-to-be-revealed-mob of dangers!!!

So so good. Much as I love the down time stuff, seeing this sure has me psyched for the action!
    cpjudd.com

The book where when a character says "I did it half an hour ago" normally means doing "it" half an hour ago reaches its first epic conclusion.
    Is anyone else having difficulty parsing this? I've read it three times now and I still don't understand it.

Why Did Loki Do It? No one kno... okay, we'll tell you... Well, part of it.
    I'm enjoying YA so far and I have a good deal of faith in Gillen's writing, but I have to say - this sort-of focus on Loki and continued tie-backs to JiM are one of the main things that I was worried about happening even before the end of JiM. I love Loki and I think Gillen's great at writing him, but I was really hoping this would be a team book and that the whole question of Loki would be resolved by the end of JiM so that it wasn't made necessary for people to go back and read it to understand what the big deal is.

I'm still going to be buying them as they come out, but if this ends up being the "continued adventures of Loki + some other teens" I'll be kind of disappointed.
    Last edited by likesilk; 02-11-2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: TYPO

Quote Originally Posted by likesilk View Post
    Is anyone else having difficulty parsing this? I've read it three times now and I still understand it.
    Sex, dear, sex. It's humour.

Sex, dear, sex. It's humour.
    Lol, I figured that part out. It's the rest of it that doesn't make sense. Half an hour ago... something (by 'something' I mean do they mean 'talking about doing it' or 'doing it' or what?) ... reaches its epic conclusion? What? What reaches its epic conclusion, the talking about it or the actual doing it? Why do they have 'where' in there? It feels either like there's an extra 'when' or 'where' in there or it's missing a word or something.

EDIT: WAIT. I think I finally figured it out. The book reaches its first epic conclusion... the rest was just a description of the book... okay, okay, I understand now, nevermind, ignore everything I just said about that.
    Last edited by likesilk; 02-11-2013 at 11:17 AM.

I love this new cover! The white space assailants are amazing. Look at that one trying cop a feel on Kate! LOL!

I haven't complained about Billy's new hairstyle before but it does look pretty bad when he's in costume