Page 1 of 156 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Young Avengers (2013) News, Speculation & Froth

YOUNG AVENGERS

Hawkeye. Wiccan. Hulkling. Miss America Chavez. Noh-Varr. Loki.

Kieron Gillen. Jamie McKelvie. Matt Wilson. Mike Norton. Lauren Sankovitch.

While the Appreciation Thread is there for, well, appreciating & discussing the characters and the book's former stories and legacy, this thread will be here for discussing new issues, new plots, new characters and more, without fear of spoiling!

Kieron's Tumblr / Twitter
    Jamie's Tumblr / Twitter

"Meet The Team" Spotify Playlist

I'll fill this out with a more info shortly (and a little art) but as new reviews, previews, reactions and spoilers appear, lets have them here!

Let the froth commence.
    Last edited by Lady_Alternate; 01-22-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What should I read to prepare myself for this series?
    A: Well, the previous Young Avengers series, it's minis, tie-ins and annuals are all suggested as basic character reading.
    Definitely recommended is Matt Fraction & David Aja's present Hawkeye series, starring Kate as the co-lead. Also suggested are Kieron & Jamie's Phonogram series, which delve into music, magic and pop culture, and Jamie's Suburban Glamour, which is all about being a teenager who doesn't quite belong. While we're on Kieron, there's his run on Journey Into Mystery, starring Loki, that many would recommend as essential. Lastly, Grant Morrison's Marvel Boy and Casey & Dragotta's Vengeance will help give you an insight into the new characters, Miss America Chavez and Noh-Varr.

Q: That's a lot. Do I really need to read all that?!
    A: No. As Kieron has said himself, everything is there in #1 for a new reader to pick up and instantly be part of things. Yay.

Q: Is Speed going to be a part of the cast?
    A: Yes, he has an issue focused on him (possibly #6) that will explain where he is, what he's doing and why he's not with his brother.

Q: Is Patriot going go be in this book?
    A: No, he is "unavailable" and has retired as of Children's Crusade. You can ponder his future here.

Q: Has Kieron hinted that Cassie and Vision II will return?
    A: No. They remain dead, and unlikely to return given the plot of FF.

Q: How old are the Young Avengers?
    A: As of Vol .2 #1, Loki presents himself as the youngest appearing around 13. Teddy, Billy and Tommy are all turning 18. Kate, according to Matt Fraction is "older than 19, younger than 21", while Noh-Varr and MAC are in their early twenties.

Q: Why is there a picture of Kate Bishop riding a flying unicorn that breathes fire and poops glitter?
    A: Because unicorns.

In the meantime, the first advance reviews are going up, at Newsarama and Comicvine.
    Last edited by Lady_Alternate; 01-23-2013 at 08:26 PM.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

BANNED

I think the 10/10 was expected. This book sounds too awesome to be true. Still I'm going to read UXF first tomorrow and then Wiccan and flunkies.

God damn it internet, this you don't leak?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Silva View Post
    God damn it internet, this you don't leak?
    Good! Leaking is bad.

If you're super-keen and open to digital reading, then you can pre-order YA and have it the instant Marvel release their digital titles tomorrow.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

I'm popping bubblegum tmrw while getting my brand new issue of YA #1 with that brand new comic smell that only YA #1 can bring.

*pop*
    "....who are you? Still don't know who you are. Not good enough."
    -Boozier

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Good! Leaking is bad.

If you're super-keen and open to digital reading, then you can pre-order YA and have it the instant Marvel release their digital titles tomorrow.
    I already did that
    And I'm buying the hardcovers when they come out

But I'm having a FEELS overload NOW

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

From Gillen's entry on Loki.

There’s various mysteries in Young Avengers, but Loki’s motivations and aims are one of the big ones. What does he want? What does he need? What’s the snake doing in the garden of Eden?

And the truth about what happened to Loki at the end of JIM will eventually explicitly work its way in, which will be a surprise to those who don’t like googling stuff and/or buying my older comics, and still a revelation to those who do. As always, there’s things people don’t know. In time, we’ll tell everyone about Loki’s guilty little secret and what it actually means for the Young Avengers. And Loki. And everyone.

In short: he’s on the team. But is he on the team’s side? We’ll see.

It will be a fun time. No-one will cry. No-one will be upset. No-one will die unmourned and unloved.

Honest.

No, really.

Why do people always presume I’m lying?
    I read Journey Into Mystery! You're lying, Kieron!
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Odin damn it, I am burning a hole where the Marvel NOW preview should be

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    I'm popping bubblegum tmrw while getting my brand new issue of YA #1 with that brand new comic smell that only YA #1 can bring.

*pop*
    I bet the issue is gonna pop you!

Now this is how hype is built for an upcoming series. It's a thing of beauty.
    "Curse you, Occam's Razor! You have betrayed me!"

Reviewing is a lot like paleontology: the evidence is there, but no one seems to agree on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Silva View Post
    Odin damn it, I am burning a hole where the Marvel NOW preview should be
    A little over twelve hours until it's released in the US and on comiXology. If you have the benefit of being in the UK or Europe, it's just eleven hours and counting.

Retired

Spectacular. The Newsarama review certainly matches my expectations. Can't wait.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by lady_alternate View Post
    a little over twelve hours until it's released in the us and on comixology. If you have the benefit of being in the uk or europe, it's just eleven hours and counting.
    i do have such a benefit :d