Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    It is really cool because it is used as a vampire killer technique. (The energy stored up in said art is solar.)
    Yeah. Apparently humans can, with training, store solar energy in themselves. Dont ask me how that works, BTW. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ripple Frog Owns All.

Also Poses:

Even Speedwagon is impressed.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    This may be based on a real art, but Drunken Boxing -
    Just to comment on this - the whole Drunken Boxing being real is open to debate. Certainly many styles have had 'drunken' forms in them, but the whole business of the Eight Drunken Immortals style seems to be a very recent creation.

Which doesn't invalidate it as a 'martial art', but if it's basically created recently and has never actually been used for fighting, just form-work, kind of makes it somewhat suspicious. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh, I know a character that would LOVE this MA.
    I think it was called Lee Kwan Choo or something along those lines. One first sees it in Palladium's TMNT game, then in the Ninjas and Superspies supplement *gags*.

Honestly, what Solomon is working on in the Anima game (including his Ki Dominions) blows it the heck out of the water.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I think it was called Lee Kwan Choo or something along those lines. One first sees it in Palladium's TMNT game, then in the Ninjas and Superspies supplement *gags*.

Honestly, what Solomon is working on in the Anima game (including his Ki Dominions) blows it the heck out of the water.
    Yeah, but I keep getting carried away. I have far more Dominion Techs now planned in the tree than I can ever hope to actually PAY FOR. But you should see Pax Totalis - When Doves Cry *shudder*.

Back on Palladium, I never bothered getting Ninjas and Superspies, although I was in a cross-game campaign using it along with Heroes Unlimited.

Anyhoo, back on topic........
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just to comment on this - the whole Drunken Boxing being real is open to debate. Certainly many styles have had 'drunken' forms in them, but the whole business of the Eight Drunken Immortals style seems to be a very recent creation.

Which doesn't invalidate it as a 'martial art', but if it's basically created recently and has never actually been used for fighting, just form-work, kind of makes it somewhat suspicious. :)
    Well, here's the thing. You simply haven't drunk enough to fully fathom how potent and legitimate the art is. Come back to me after you've downed at least half a bottle of Jameson.

In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

Yeah, but I keep getting carried away. I have far more Dominion Techs now planned in the tree than I can ever hope to actually PAY FOR. But you should see Pax Totalis - When Doves Cry *shudder*.
    Maybe you ought to narrow it down. :) You know, have specific areas, very specific uses, and limit...nevermind, starting to sound like a pacifistic version of the Hell Dragon Styles.

Back on Palladium, I never bothered getting Ninjas and Superspies, although I was in a cross-game campaign using it along with Heroes Unlimited.

Anyhoo, back on topic........
    Let's just say that N&S rather hurts to read these days. And adding it into Heroes Unlimited was...somewhat overpowering. It made for an even worse situation of 'the highly trained guys tend to beat the crap out of the metahumans who aren't rocking True Invulnerability or some kind of superspeed or transformation.'

Heroes Unlimited: More Confusingly And Annoyingly Unbalanced Than Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nervmeister View Post
    Well, here's the thing. You simply haven't drunk enough to fully fathom how potent and legitimate the art is. Come back to me after you've downed at least half a bottle of Jameson.
    Twenty years ago I could have taken you up on that, but you have no idea how poor my tolerance is these days. :(

No Anima character plan derail. Go to the Black Hole for that.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Apologies. :) Ended up making a joke about it, but good point.

Everyone's favorite host Guy Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chou Blaster View Post
    Palladium and Wulin thing sounds interesting.
    Oh, I know a character that would LOVE this MA.
    For the Palladium stuff, it took me a while, but I was able to find the names of the styles I listed on the net. (I own the books myself, but they're packed away somewhere after several moves.)

Paci-fist: Lee Kwan Choo - "For example, while fighting in the Lee Kwan Choo style, the combatant would avoid all attacks. Suddenly, she will lash out with a devastating punch between the eyes of the opponent. In any other style this would be a killing blow, but here the fist gives a fraction of an inch from the victim. The defender would take NO DAMAGE, but the shock will cause a stun that lasts from 1 to 6 Melee Rounds."

Animus style: Pao Chih - "Thus, they concentrate on the powers of Chi and, uniquely, on the creation/evocation of a personal Animus. This Animus is a sort of Living Chi. An entity that takes the same shape of the character's body and moves with the character like a suit of living clothes or a shadow. Once evoked, the character can "see" through the senses of the Animus and use it as a means of performing Chi Mastery Abilities."

Demon Wrestling: Liang Hsiung - "Liang hsiung is a contemporary martial art that still relies heavily on medieval weaponry and on combatants who prefer to battle with horns and spurs/barbs and dagger-like blades and spikes of metal strapped to their bodies. For example, there are two kinds of practice. The first is when the combatants strap on spurs/barbs/blades with dull points, wear a light helmet with horns and protective padding. In the second kind of Liang Hsiung practice, the participants don full sets of specially-designed demon armor, complete with points and sharp edges that tear through padding. Either way, once attired, practice involves using and avoiding the horns in head butts and the spurs in a variety of strikes and kicks."

While never actually shown in action, there was a fun Larry Niven story about a guy who gets an alien skill trader drunk and ends up obtaining and taking three pills that give him skills garnered from various cultures the aliens have visited. One of them is listed as a martial art "designed for use by an alien worm for use against other alien worms", and is effectively completely useless to him.

Whaddya know, I remembered the name right. And it's only been about 23 years since I saw it.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Left hand Buddha Palm, right hand Buddha Fist!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Ripple Frog Owns All.

Also Poses:
    Forget the frog and poses.

The Ripple Water Walk is where it's at:
    Quote of the Month
    “Did you know that YuruYuri isn't a manga about explosions?! If it were, it would be a school life manga, but better!”
    - Nana Nishigaki, YuruYuri

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

That just does NOT look right. lol

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post

This may be the best anime gif I have ever seen...
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quack Fu ofc course duh

I would love to post a pic but apparently the boards will only 404 error Howard the duck pix.
    Thanos then turns Supes' balls into kryptonite, taking him out, leaving just Black Adam and Captain Marvel who then cling to each other in terror screaming "I love you!"
    - Illidania

"Such heroic nonsense" Megatron just before killing Ironhide

Proud Member of the RED SON