Default Villans that deserve a second chance

To me the reboot could have been a nice chance to reintroduce some of wonder woman enemies that haven't been seen in a while or new origins.

1.Priscilla Rich: Owned a statue that hold the Cheetah goddess. When Priscilla developed the split personality the Goddess take her chance and would appear to Priscilla in her mirror.

Giganta: To me there could be 3 ways to write Giganta

1.Giganta come from a Tribal village. She was cursed as a child for a crime or it could be a gift.

2. She was a goddess herself but was hated and kicked out.

3.Giganta came from a group of gods that are non existed since people no longer believe in them. Seeing how people were losing faith in them, Giganta's mother appear as a mortal and slept with a man.

Hypnota: Maybe she could have been born with this gift and the reason why she dressed like a man was because she came from a patriarchy society , so her mother dressed her up like a boy so she could get better things. She would late learn stage tricks to trick people and make them her slave or sell them to Evilness

Baroness von Gunther: She could easily be depiction as a leader of a hate group but like in the golden age she would become wonder woman's great ally.

Blue Snowman: Was a great teacher but when the school board cut the budget, she used her father suit and demand they give more money and drop the sexist classes. The more times she did it the more money drove she become and went mad.

Queen Clea: Reason why she sent her army(which were all women) to war so many times was to never become like her mother, who allowed a man to rule when men were weak and useless in their nation. She want to prove to people women were strong and did by force and would take over other nations.

What villains would you want to see return? There are probably silly ideas.
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 01-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

The Maniacal Mouse Man
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

The White Magician and Devastation.

Blue Snowman?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Blue Snowman?
    Cross-Dressing, possibly gender-dysphoric woman that was essentially the Mr. Freeze of Wonder Woman. That said, I'd much rather see:

Dr. Cyber (as I've stated before in other threads); Crimson Centipede (the name and ideas stemming from such alone are too awesome to pass up); Gundra the Valkyrie (the idea of Norse vs Greek Gods would work quite well in Azzarello's current run I think); Giganta (who, yes, has been seen recently, but needs a new arc dedicated to her; and Veronica Cale (who I would like to see again generally as a decent villain).

All of them. They're all pretty interesting... unless you're including Z-Listers like the Paper-Man (come on, he's just stupid).
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    All of them. They're all pretty interesting... unless you're including Z-Listers like the Paper-Man (come on, he's just stupid).
    QFT

There is no such thing as a bad character, just bad ways to write them. I mean, DC has been able to make the likes of the Calculator and Captain Boomerang interesting, legit villains. If a way can be found to make them work, then just about any of Diana's foes can work too.

I'd just like to see a bit more effort put into her mortal villains. I love what Azzarello is building, and Johns did a good job making Cheetah work, but let's put that much effort into Psycho, (Diana's Arkham worthy creepy foe) and Giganta and Gunther and Dr. Cyber and Doc Poison and all the rest.

Even the Blue Snowman *could* be interesting, though I wouldnt bet on Paper-Man.

I agree there are many of them deserve a second chance. Look at what Geoff Johns has done. A writer who takes heroes and villains people scoff at and tries to build them up. So sure many of Diana's villains can be reimagined/updated. Don't look to Azzarello though. He does not seem impressed by any of past WW and more concerned with the mythology than superheroic side and her outside world villains. I wonder who Morrison's earth one will have?

I've enjoyed the Greek gods, Medusa and Cheetah so far, but looking forward to them revamping and introducing quite a few new adversaries–one of the great things about DCnU potential. I've got some ideas for my picks, to create a flourishing, rich Wonder Mythos:

Giganta
    Doctor Cyber
    Heracles
    Circe
    Doctor Psycho
    Doctor Poison
    Eviless
    Astarte: Empress of "Evil" (the Silver Snake), Lord of Conquest, Earl of Greed, Duke of Deception, Baroness of "Bad" (von Gunther) and Minister of Menace (Blizzard).
    Zara: Priestess of the Crimson Flame
    Gudra the Valkyrie
    Aegeus
    Queen of Fables
    Veronica Cale
    Gentleman Killer
    The Mask
    Tigra Tropica
    Draska Nishki
    Furiosa
    Agent X
    Angle Man
    Glop
    "Gargantua, stop! We're... friends!"
    - Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman

Fun thread idea, UsagiTsukino. :)

I particularly like your Cheetah, but I think we're stuck with Johns' version for now.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Cross-Dressing, possibly gender-dysphoric woman that was essentially the Mr. Freeze of Wonder Woman. That said, I'd much rather see:

Dr. Cyber (as I've stated before in other threads); Crimson Centipede (the name and ideas stemming from such alone are too awesome to pass up); Gundra the Valkyrie (the idea of Norse vs Greek Gods would work quite well in Azzarello's current run I think); Giganta (who, yes, has been seen recently, but needs a new arc dedicated to her; and Veronica Cale (who I would like to see again generally as a decent villain).
    Oh, I do so like the way you think, SirJustin (though speaking of cross-dressing, Ystin )

I'll add THEM! Ok, I really just love the name, so it's take a near total overhaul. But I think WW could use an anymous hate group of sorts to contend with.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prince View Post
    Astarte: Empress of "Evil" (the Silver Snake), Lord of Conquest, Earl of Greed, Duke of Deception, Baroness of "Bad" (von Gunther) and Minister of Menace (Blizzard).
    Conquest, Greed, and Deception are all specific things. "Evil," "Bad," and "Menace," however, are not. Best we leave Paula, the Minister, and Astarte to their original concepts.

As for most of the villains on this list-- they don't need a second chance, they've all had many. They just need exposure. But I don't think we're going to get them under Azzarello. Another writer will come along and bring back the biggies-- Psycho, Cyber, Cheetah, Circe, Giganta, etc. Mot of them are better that Flashs' Rogue gallery, anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prince View Post
    I've enjoyed the Greek gods, Medusa and Cheetah so far, but looking forward to them revamping and introducing quite a few new adversaries–one of the great things about DCnU potential. I've got some ideas for my picks, to create a flourishing, rich Wonder Mythos:

Giganta
    Doctor Cyber
    Heracles
    Circe
    Doctor Psycho
    Doctor Poison
    Eviless
    Zara: Priestess of the Crimson Flame
    Gudra the Valkyrie
    Aegeus
    Queen of Fables
    Veronica Cale
    Gentleman Killer
    The Mask
    Tigra Tropica
    Draska Nishki
    Furiosa
    Agent X
    Angle Man
    Glop
    Very good list; for the current run, I'm wondering why Athena has yet to be introduced. Need to bring Dr. Psycho back right away. Although I liked the issue that introduced the Crimson Centipede, I just found him a little too bizarre to be reintroduced; same with Egg-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    Cross-Dressing, possibly gender-dysphoric woman that was essentially the Mr. Freeze of Wonder Woman.
    I know who she is: that was my answer (the question mark was to indicate the uncertainty of said response).
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...