Default Justice League Of America’s Flag Day To Skip A Week

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...medium=twitter

Justice League Of America’s Flag Day To Skip A Week
    Posted on January 22, 2013 by Rich Johnston
    Comments

Warning to retailers, in case you’d created any promotions around Justice League Of America #1 and its flags-of-all-the-states-and-more covers, it will be skipping a week.

As well as Justice League Of America’s Vibe #1, the launch books of the JLA wil now be published on the 13th of February rather than the 6th.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Assuming this is true (bleedingcool is more a rumor mill than a news site), this is very annoying. Having their books arrive on time at the same time each month is something I have really admired about the DCnU. If Johns cannot make his deadlines, he needs to cut back on how many books he is doing.

Metal Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    Assuming this is true (bleedingcool is more a rumor mill than a news site), this is very annoying. Having their books arrive on time at the same time each month is something I have really admired about the DCnU. If Johns cannot make his deadlines, he needs to cut back on how many books he is doing.

Metal Woman
    Justice League has been bumped a couple of times before for a week or two for one reason or another. I think it's more important to get it out in the month promised than getting it out in the week but that said I do tend to agree that Johns probably should cut back some on his books if he's missing deadlines (assuming of course that it's Johns fault and not an Art, printing or distribution delay.)
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Considering how long they've had to work on this, my guess would be it has less to do with the creative team not hitting deadlines, and more to do with scheduling the upcoming trinity war and making sure everything lines up right schedule wise.
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post

Metal Woman
    Oh for Pete's sake. Are you even remotely seriously with this nonsense?

Pushing a book back 1 week every great once in a while is a far cry from years past where books would be months late or on rare occasions not come out at all.

Ahem, and note that we are still in the middle of January for a book that doesn't come out until February.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Sheesh.

eh, if this is true it's only a week, my to-read pile is currently a few months behind so it doesn't matter too much to me

So, it's a week later than previously said . . . since this is the first issue, is it really skipping a week?
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Actually its skipping two weeks. Its now coming out the week of the 20th.

Long as it still comes out in Feb, its no big deal. But with a 2 week delay, it sounds to be like its something to do with getting all the covers together to go out at once.

If there's any delay with issue #2, then we'll end up seeing the "Oh come on Finch!" threads but considering every issue of TDK has come out on time and he had done all but one of them for his run, I"m giving Finch the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by EMeadow View Post
    Actually its skipping two weeks. Its now coming out the week of the 20th.

Long as it still comes out in Feb, its no big deal. But with a 2 week delay, it sounds to be like its something to do with getting all the covers together to go out at once.

If there's any delay with issue #2, then we'll end up seeing the "Oh come on Finch!" threads but considering every issue of TDK has come out on time and he had done all but one of them for his run, I"m giving Finch the benefit of the doubt.
    According to DC's website, JLA and JLA's Vibe will now be week 3 books. Katana and Constantine will be week 2 books. Action 17 Will be delayed as well. You can probably expect Green Lantern to be late again. Week 1 Will have 12 ongoing series while week 3 Will have 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake. Are you even remotely seriously with this nonsense?

Pushing a book back 1 week every great once in a while is a far cry from years past where books would be months late or on rare occasions not come out at all.

Ahem, and note that we are still in the middle of January for a book that doesn't come out until February.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. Sheesh.
    Oh [christ!] Image ship dates are waaay off sometimes still, IDW has no dates nor do most others, "supposedly" Dynamite has now started showing us In Store dates for their titles.
    I'm w/Flashpoint... what an overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    eh, if this is true it's only a week, my to-read pile is currently a few months behind so it doesn't matter too much to me
    me too. kinda glad to have a breather.
    [There's a place in my mind.The one part that isn't looking for a joke.When laughter breaks down, and humor can't quiet its hunger,the rage gets out]-Harley Quinn

you better hope this doesn't turn into a situation like uncanny avengers...
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)