Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Well Martian Manhunter has and always will be in my mind one of the core members of the JLA and obviously is the only one that really would scare me and earn my respect.

You could make a argument for Oliver since he has been there as well almost from day one. Hawkman has earned his strips as well. The rest of the team not so much .
    Good point. They're obviously not a "powerful" but still relatively respected. I'm just not a big Oliver fan, so I have little respect for him, but I'd take Hawkman.

I'm interested to see if it will be those big 3 taking the rest, especially Vibe and Stargirl (perhaps Baz too), under their wings to teach them etc. If Johns does it right, the experience vs inexperience should be a nice dynamic.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    Still don't know why the Japanese lady is JLA.
    Are we certain that she doesn't have Dual Citizenship?
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

This is a team that has a dude from Mars on it. Past iterations have had Atlanteans, Amazons, talking gorillas, robots, and bisexual blue space men. A Japanese woman isn't that big a stretch since the "Of America" never really encompassed their membership.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Well you said it yourself, there is no accounting for taste. But I don't think Finch is even in DC's top 20. For every cool splash page or cover he will draw, he'll draw something atrocious that has such appallingly bad anatomy / body proportions that it's at Liefeld level, and his art in general suffers from really generic and weak facial expressions and storytelling. I think he's part of a class of artists that is starting to show its age (that post-Silvestri Image style big in the 90s-2000s)
    To each their own. Once you brought up Liefeld you lost all credibility in my eyes.

I think Finch is among the best DC has to offer. Especially for a title such as this. In fact other than Liefeld up until recently I could appreciate the art in any book DC produces.

"A lot of the things that were there [before the New 52] are still there"
    i wonder again.. was this reboot necessary?????
    most of the characters have kept the same background (Bats & GL's) and those mythologies r still present (Killer Joke, in Blackest Night), the reboot seems utterly unnecessary
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

Anyone have a guess how much the first issue will sell?

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Definitely a top 10 overall and top 5 DC. I'd say close to Batman and JL.
    Superhero Popularity Study

New and improved second poll is up!

Quote Originally Posted by vicvega View Post
    I think you're taking the "of America" part too seriously. It's just heroes sponsored by the American Government and they're basically the government's controllable response team. Of America doesn't necessarily mean all American

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this. Who are your predictions for the Secret Society of Super-Villains guys?
    I only came up with these five: Black Manta, Cheetah, Count Vertigo, Johnny Sorrow, Mordru
    Um those guys are JSA villains and they'd annihilate this team individually.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    More than Johns deserves IMO.

This will be my ONLY DC title for some time as I consider what else to pick and whether I want Hoax hunters.
    Damn! Can't wait for this!
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by burroughs View Post
    You call this writing?

I'm eagerly waiting the Mediocre League of America (we already have the Mediocre League).
    KingConan|Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Fatale|L azarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO
    ASW|Batman|GL+C|JL+U|RL|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|DD|MK|Thor

"Remakes" Reading that alone makes me think that this won't be good. Nothing I've read where he remade a character has been good. He has a great record connecting dots and fixing things, but when he changes characters to his version, they're never as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Alan Moore called Steve Trevor “one of the most truly pathetic love interests in comics.” Maybe Johns agrees.

More likely, Johns is viewing things through the fanboy prism, which is par for the course.
    What were Moore's reasons for labeling Steve so?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post

If I was a super villain in the DCU why would I picture myself laughing at this team.
    Because:

-Hawkman appears to be presiding over a ceremony
    -Vibe is about to turn tail and run away
    -Kick-Ass appears to be leading them into action
    -Catwoman doesn't have sense enough to put on her goggles or zip up her suit before getting into a fight
    -Steve is waving his guns around for some reason instead of pointing them at me
    -I have no idea what Katana is doing with her body or why
    -Stargirl is staring off into space
    -Green Arrow appears to be trying to run and shoot me at the same time, which will spoil his aim
    -On the other hand, Martian Manhunter does look like he might be able to give me a beat-down
    Last edited by JimmyOlsenMustDie; 01-31-2013 at 02:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOlsenMustDie View Post
    Because:

-Hawkman appears to be presiding over a ceremony
    -Vibe is about to turn tail and run away
    -Kick-Ass appears to be leading them into action
    -Catwoman doesn't have sense enough to put on her goggles or zip up her suit before getting into a fight
    -Steve is waving his guns around for some reason instead of pointing them at me
    -I have no idea what Katana is doing with her body or why
    -Stargirl is staring off into space
    -Green Arrow appears to be trying to run and shoot me at the same time, which will spoil his aim
    -On the other hand, Martian Manhunter does look like he might be able to give me a beat-down
    Haha couldn't have put it better myself.