Thread: Sholly Fisch

Default Sholly Fisch

Most people have an opinion as to what Grant Morrison should turn to now that he is leaving Action, but what should DC ask Sholly Fisch, who has been doing great work on the backups in Action,to do now that his stint on Action will soon be over?

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Most people have an opinion as to what Grant Morrison should turn to now that he is leaving Action, but what should DC ask Sholly Fisch, who has been doing great work on the backups in Action,to do now that his stint on Action will soon be over?
    Well the bathrooms need cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Well the bathrooms need cleaning.
    Hey now!

I liked his back-ups . . . they were the only thing I enjoyed in the issues of Action Comics that I was dumb enough to spend my money on.

Personally, I wish DC would go back to the All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold book he wrote, or let him headline a kid-friendlier Superman team-up book in that same fashion. (Hey, since DC Universe Presents is being cancelled, they could call a Superman team-up book DC Comics Presents or even World's Finest (apostrophe-"s" like his old team-up title, not "s"-apostrophe like the New 52 Power Girl & Huntress title).
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I've been a huge fan of Morrison's run in Action, and even I have to say that it's been a rare issue where the backup hasn't equaled or exceeded the main story. I thought Sholly Fisch would have been the natural choice to take over after Morrison stepped down. Are we sure he won't keep doing backups in Action? If not, he should take over Superboy. I think Sholly would be a perfect fit and would really bring out the potential in that character.

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

The backup stories are one of the main reasons I have enjoyed this run of Action. Fisch always seems to manage to fill in some of the blanks and he would be an excellent choice to continue the series.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

I think he writes the Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes comics from DC at the moment, so if anything he'll probably only have time for back up's if he did anymore super hero work.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

This. I am a big fan of his New 52 backups and the Action Comics annual. I was hoping that Sholly would have kept on working on the New 52 Superman title(Action Comics or Superman, backup or main story). My favorite backup story was #5,#6, #10, #14 and the annual because they provided more look into New 52 Superman than some of the writers so far has at times done. I would enjoy writing him in Superman again real soon if he could or DC would let him.
    A Comic book fan till I die.

John Henry Irons and bongos . . . I'm not sure who came up with that, but it just makes me smile.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.