View Poll Results: WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE THANOS ARTIST

Voters
32. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • JIM STARLIN

    15 46.88%
  • MARKO DJURDJEVIC

    2 6.25%
  • MARK BAGLEY

    1 3.13%
  • JOHN ROMITA JR

    1 3.13%
  • ALEKSI BRICLOT

    1 3.13%
  • MIGUEL SEPULVEDA

    2 6.25%
  • ALEX GARNER

    1 3.13%
  • OTHER (???)

    9 28.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    That's from Marvel Universe: The End. It occurs after Infinity Abyss and precedes the Thanos ongoing from 2003.
    I prefer Jim Starlin's art, but others have also done a great job.
    i thought marvel the end was supose to be a else worlds tale of the End of the Marvel Universe, how does the ongoing take place after?

  2. #17
    Old and broken Pat Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    i thought marvel the end was supose to be a else worlds tale of the End of the Marvel Universe, how does the ongoing take place after?
    He restores it and sacrifices himself. Not permanently enough though.

  3. #18
    Senior Member Eumenides's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    Incredible, Ron Lim, one of the greatest artists of Thanos during the late '80s (or was it early '90s?), during Jim Starlin's masterful Silver Surfer run, which led to the classic Infinity Gauntlet, is relegated to 'Others' whereas lots of nobodies who apparently only drew Thanos in covers get their own options.

  4. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    Incredible, Ron Lim, one of the greatest artists of Thanos during the late '80s (or was it early '90s?), during Jim Starlin's masterful Silver Surfer run, which led to the classic Infinity Gauntlet, is relegated to 'Others' whereas lots of nobodies who apparently only drew Thanos in covers get their own options.
    Agreed, I loved Ron Lim's clean lines and fluid action pencils. A lot of guys on the board haven't even read anything older than ten years though, so when these polls are created, a lot of the classic stuff isn't even considered. I voted for Starlin though. His depiction of Thanos in the Strange Tales Warlock series was beautiful. Ron's a close second.

  5. #20
    Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    16,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord S View Post
    I prefer Ron Lim, Andrea DiVito, and Jim Starlin in that order.
    I can get behind this.

    When I think of Thanos, I think of Lim's version from the early '90s. He wasn't the best fit for everything Marz was doing during their run, but he drew great cosmic action and a damn fine Thanos.
    Expletive Deleted

  6. #21
    Senior Member Eumenides's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tingray View Post
    Agreed, I loved Ron Lim's clean lines and fluid action pencils. A lot of guys on the board haven't even read anything older than ten years though, so when these polls are created, a lot of the classic stuff isn't even considered.
    What saddens me is that these new guys haven't even drawn actual comics with Thanos. Look at the art posted. They're covers! They look more like covers of sci-fi novels and wall posters than actual comic book interior art. These so-called artists are only good at pin ups and moody colouring effects, they can't tell a story in pictures to save their souls like the great Ron Lim could.

  7. #22
    The Mad Titan Thanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    73

    Default

    My top 3, in order...

    1) Ron Lim


    2) Claudio Castellini


    3) Jim Starlin
    The Heavens will run red with blood. But in the end, as always, Thanos will stand triumphant.

  8. #23
    Elder Member marshal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    12,350

    Default

    Some more thanos artists

    Dale Keown


    George Perez


    John Romita Jr
    Last edited by marshal99; 01-22-2013 at 09:02 PM.

  9. #24
    Elder Member dupersuper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,918

    Default

    No Bagley pics?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

  10. #25
    Senior Member HaveAtThee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,385

    Default

    Jim Starlin and Ron Lim, quite easily.

  11. #26
    Senior Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    1,782

    Default

    Ron Freakin' Lim!!!!!!!!!




  12. #27
    gerbil on a wheel SoupStainedTie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    What everyone else said.

    How can you have a Thanos artist poll without Ron Lim?

  13. #28
    King Lord S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    I can get behind this.

    When I think of Thanos, I think of Lim's version from the early '90s. He wasn't the best fit for everything Marz was doing during their run, but he drew great cosmic action and a damn fine Thanos.
    Yeah Ron Lim really defined how Thanos should be drawn. Similar to what John Buscema did for the Silver Surfer way back. Ron was so good that he could draw a mean and intimidating looking Thanos in both his classic armour and the pilgrim outfit he had for a while.

    I threw Andrea DiVito in there because of his awesome work on Annihilation. He made Thanos look badass in the pilgrim outfit as well...and I'm sure he could easily make him look menacing in the classic outfit. Just wish he, or Lim, could get the chance in the near future.

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    Incredible, Ron Lim, one of the greatest artists of Thanos during the late '80s (or was it early '90s?), during Jim Starlin's masterful Silver Surfer run, which led to the classic Infinity Gauntlet, is relegated to 'Others' whereas lots of nobodies who apparently only drew Thanos in covers get their own options.
    IM SORRY ok Yes i have not read any Classic Thanos stuff, ive only really started getting in the character after the Avengers Movie, i do Intend to read all the old Infinity stuff.
    im sure most of you know how much i like comic art and artist with the amount of threads i create based around art and artist, i do not mean to disprect them at all, i simply was unaware.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eumenides View Post
    What saddens me is that these new guys haven't even drawn actual comics with Thanos. Look at the art posted. They're covers! They look more like covers of sci-fi novels and wall posters than actual comic book interior art. These so-called artists are only good at pin ups and moody colouring effects, they can't tell a story in pictures to save their souls like the great Ron Lim could.
    You can take your so-called artist comment and shove it, EVEN if it was true they where not great story tellers as you claim, it doesnt not make them any less of a Illustrator witch by the way is ALSO A ART FORM. and im sorry are covers any less true comic art than the interiors??? hell no

    your freaking starting to Insult me now, im a artist, i probably couldnt do good comic like storytelling at this point, DOES THAT MAKE ME ANY LESS OF A ARTIST OR ILLUSTRATOR???

    MARK BAGLEY, JOHN ROMITA JR, MIGUEL SEPULVEDA all did interiors for storys with thanos
    and MARKO DJURDJEVIC is a freaking fantastic storyteller, in JMS's thor run, djurdjevic did equal or even better interior work than olivier coipel


    and also just to clear something up this thread isn't arguing about who is the best freaking story teller, its asking only WHO ILLUSTRATES THANOS BEST IN YOUR OPINION FROM A VISUAL STANDPOINT
    Last edited by Movieartman; 01-23-2013 at 10:38 AM.

  15. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Dale Keown
    WHERE did this come from?, tis Freaking Fantastic

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •