Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Even if the script called for indistinguishable text, that doesn't mean that the letterer didn't choose to put that quote in and then reversed over itself. Is anyone debating its there or just that it wasn't a necessity that it be there? I haven't checked for myself yet but I will

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I don't want OMD undone. Not even in a storyline that restores the marriage.

Peter and MJ can get "re-married" on their own without trying to connect that storyline with the ridiculous OMD/OMIT crap.
    Bad news everyone...

I really appreciated Kurt Busiek giving newspapers real words in comics. http://www.comics.org/issue/59498/cover/4/

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Even if the script called for indistinguishable text, that doesn't mean that the letterer didn't choose to put that quote in and then reversed over itself. Is anyone debating its there or just that it wasn't a necessity that it be there? I haven't checked for myself yet but I will
    In that case, it would be a decision by the letterer rather than JMS, Quesada or anyone else at Marvel.

It wouldn't mean anything.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    apparently you are missing the sentence entirely even though you quoted it. Allow me to highlight it.

REVERSED AND SUPERIMPOSED means they flipped the picture over and put it on top of itself allowing you to see both the original and its reverse at once. Which, while making for a fun image, is not the original image. IE: this is a modified image.

As to the rest of your post, I find it hard to believe you can zoom in and see that for yourself when BC says plainly that they reverse the image and then superimposed it on top the original image. So while its fun, it doesnt prove Chris was lien.
    "You will make me remember everything" could still be the text he made up.

This would be an odd thing to lie about.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    In that case, it would be a decision by the letterer rather than JMS, Quesada or anyone else at Marvel.

It wouldn't mean anything.
    No! If it made it into the book it's in continuity! Marvel fanboy rules! It happened for reals!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    No! If it made it into the book it's in continuity! Marvel fanboy rules! It happened for reals!
    Wouldnt that mean that OMIT retconned it?

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Wouldnt that mean that OMIT retconned it?
    Nobody cares about stupid OMIT. Dan Slott is openly ignoring MJ's "Not being strong enough for you, Peter" monologue, by having her date Spock.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled Mutie View Post
    Nobody cares about stupid OMIT. Dan Slott is openly ignoring MJ's "Not being strong enough for you, Peter" monologue, by having her date Spock.

Tomorrow we are all going to find out that they won't be dating. Peter's not going to let it happen.

Maybe he'll "suggest" something to Spock that causes Spock to back away from MJ. I think we're going to see Spock destroy all facets of Peter's "good life". Maybe Spock says horrible things to MJ forcing her to not speak to him. This would cause increased tension between the two when Peter does get his body back.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Tomorrow we are all going to find out that they won't be dating. Peter's not going to let it happen.

Maybe he'll "suggest" something to Spock that causes Spock to back away from MJ. I think we're going to see Spock destroy all facets of Peter's "good life". Maybe Spock says horrible things to MJ forcing her to not speak to him. This would cause increased tension between the two when Peter does get his body back.
    Regardless of what happens tomorrow, the very fact that MJ is seriously considering getting back with Peter just because he wants to, kind of makes the point raised in OMIT moot.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, the very fact that MJ is seriously considering getting back with Peter just because he wants to, kind of makes the point raised in OMIT moot.
    Well...yes. Though MJ's had a bit of development herself since OMIT. Maybe her life experiences, whether it be running her own club or helping Peter save the day in Spider-Island has made her realize she is strong enough to be with Peter.

Oh I can't justify that line she said. It made no sense. I didn't like it. I have a million comics of her sticking by Peter, married or not. It didn't make sense and it was poor writing.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Oh I can't justify that line she said. It made no sense. I didn't like it. I have a million comics of her sticking by Peter, married or not. It didn't make sense and it was poor writing.
    I know. Terrible, stupid turd of a story.

I know. Terrible, stupid turd of a story.
    Ahhh... it wasn't that bad. The covers were truly beautiful works of art. Joe Q is amazing on the pencils and I actually like his Peter Parker and Spider-Man a lot. His Mary Jane in One More Day was beautiful. In OMIT not so much. I thought he and everyone else who worked on the book actually solved the continuity issues just about as well as they could and the back and forth between One More Day art and OMIT art was pretty freaking cool.

I didn't like the whisper revelation. I thought it was a real cop out but then again, I at least, always thought it was a parachute in the making. It didn't require deploying and so what were they suppose to do with it? And I just couldn't take the end but i've always said that OMIT did what I needed it to do. It saved as much continuity as it possibly could.

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

Good for them. They solved the continuity issues that they created "as well as they could".
    Bad news everyone...

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

under heroid's purposed "if it made it into a book its continuity"... wouldnt that mean said dating is a retcon too