Default Good horror/evil comics

Looking for comics with definite mature themes. Lots of killing, gore perhaps, satanic cults, demons, skulls, etc. I used to love Evil Ernie and thats all I can really think of.
    Saw some of the horror titles being put out by avatar. Meh. They look ok. Something about the artwork in Avatar books that annoys me a bit. I dunno.

Anything you guys can think of thats well written with good art? Anything about cults, or the occult in general would be wicked.

92 views. Come on people, NO recommendations, at all?

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Most of the titles I'm reading at the moment are mostly horror and I have them listed on my sig below. I'd recommend Hellblazer, though the series is ending with #300.
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

american vampire walking dead shadowman revival

I really like the Avitar titles you've already dismissed.

For occult I'd also recommend Fatal. Kinda Lovecraft Noir.
    I like the Hellraiser stuff.
    I enjoy all the Hellboy titles.
    Locke And Key, 68, Revival, Lot 13, The Strain, Bedlam, Ex-sanguine are worth a look too.

I can't recommend Revival and Fatale enough. And you might want to pick up Chin Music by Steve Niles and Tony Harris once it's out in April.

Sounds like The Walking Dead would be right up your alley. I'm also really enjoying Locke and Key as well as The Sixth Gun. All horror themed books.

If you are looking for Gore, you do need to check out the Avatar books. They are as close to Mature themed horror as you will get these days. On the indie side you could check out Deadworld and most of the titles people have listed, but they are not as mature and gorey as I am guessing you are looking for.

I recommend just 50 box diving and grabbing some Copper Age indie horror, or even looking for books that are put out by Boneyard Press, Verotik and Asylum Press. While most is not new material, it should be more what you are looking for. Also Vigil is working on Faust again, and there are some more Verotik books in the works.

Walking Dead, Revival, American Vampire, Swamp Thing