Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia HC

Dark Horse Books and Nintendo® bring you The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia, containing an unparalleled collection of historical information on The Legend of Zelda™ franchise. This handsome hardcover contains never-before-seen concept art, the full history of Hyrule, the official chronology of the games, and much more! Starting with an insightful introduction by the legendary producer and video-game designer of Donkey Kong™, Mario™, and The Legend of Zelda™, Shigeru Miyamoto, this book is crammed full of information about the storied history of Link's adventures from the creators themselves! As a bonus, The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Historia includes an exclusive comic by the foremost creator of The Legend of Zelda manga-Akira Himekawa!

Full preview here.

is the price correct?
    amazon has it for $20

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    is the price correct?
    amazon has it for $20
    If you preorder on amazon they give you lost price they list even if its more when it's released so say its $50 shelf at a store and you preorder it now for the $20 and when it's released amazon has it listed as $30 on there site it's still $20 to you cause you ha already ordered it

Default Where's the Zelda onging?

Why aren't we on issue three hundred something of a monthly Zelda comic? Of any Nintendo property surely this one could thrive in comic form?

I have mine pre-ordered. Could probably do with finishing Skyward Sword though before I read it.
    Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Holy crap, I knew this was coming out soon, but I didn't know it was coming out this soon! Zelda has always been among my favorite games going all the way back to Link To The Past. I always hoped at some point that Nintendo would allow Dark Horse, Image, or some other major comic publisher to do a comic about it. This isn't quite as appealing as an ongoing series, but I'll gladly take it! It's probably going to be a while before we see a Zelda game on the Wii-U so I'll gladly accept this as a stop-gap.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Syzlak View Post
    Why aren't we on issue three hundred something of a monthly Zelda comic? Of any Nintendo property surely this one could thrive in comic form?
    there's a couple of manga, Minish Cap one in particular is really good, but overall a fantasy story just wouldn't click well with the western market
    look at Battle Chasers, Sky Runners, Knightgail, Pathfinder, etc. all amazing fantasy stories but they just can't seem to stick or go mostly unnoticed... BTW go buy Knightgail and Pathfinder they're freaking AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by ceroxide View Post
    there's a couple of manga, Minish Cap one in particular is really good, but overall a fantasy story just wouldn't click well with the western market
    look at Battle Chasers, Sky Runners, Knightgail, Pathfinder, etc. all amazing fantasy stories but they just can't seem to stick or go mostly unnoticed... BTW go buy Knightgail and Pathfinder they're freaking AWESOME
    Thanks for the recommendations. I always complain that all people do is complain (metacomplain?) about the things they don't like instead of celebrating the things they do like. Glad to see you championing these books.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3M3P2Z...wasThisHelpful

My review of this on amazon.com, please check it out and clikc that it was helpful if you can!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

i saw a review for this elsewhere, i'd consider it for $ 20.00. it would look pretty nice on a bookshelf.
    and i'm counting 1, counting 2, counting 3...