Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I miss the Owls.. and Devin Grayson.. maybe even Bruce Jones

The art in this issue however was AMAZING

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Was it just me, or for second there did anyone else think that Dick was about to go all Joker Last Laugh on Joker there?

I'm hoping the fear gas made him hallucinate certain things - such as the 'Joker captured everyone and got them back to Amusement Mile'.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Was it just me, or for second there did anyone else think that Dick was about to go all Joker Last Laugh on Joker there?
    'I killed you before. I...kill you again!'

Objectively speaking I dont think this issue was bad at all it was quite good and yet I couldn't care less,found it very mediocre(personally).
    Overall the Batman family line is easily at it's WORST creatively speaking,almost every single writer wants to hold on to Snyder's jock strap.I'm getting sick of horror,slasher,torture.

If the intention of Death of the Family was to prove that Joker is a proper nemesis then it has failed miserably,this is just non sense on the same level as Prometheus(Cry for Justice).Too many people are pointing out the stupidity of these supposedly brilliant plans.

The Joker has always been one of my top 5 DC villains(others being Darkseid,Deathstroke,Bane,Luthor) and I never really understood why fans kept complaining about him being overexposed but after this I have no intention in reading a Joker story for at the very least a few years,not even a cameo.I have a feeling the same holds true for many others,thank you Snyder.

**Yawn**

So, Nightwing's support cast are dead, his dream is destroyed, and the symbol he was trying to build is now burnt down. And all before they did anything interesting.

Why should I care? Why should I care that the Joker has aborted one potential plotline before it started? Why should I care about the next plotline and set of support characters? Why, in short, should I have any reason to keep reading? Except, perhaps, to see which DCU villain punches Dick in the stomach and steals his lunch money before going off to fight someone else.

Well Damian's gonna be in the next issue, so there's that...

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    **Yawn**

So, Nightwing's support cast are dead, his dream is destroyed, and the symbol he was trying to build is now burnt down. And all before they did anything interesting.

Why should I care? Why should I care that the Joker has aborted one potential plotline before it started? Why should I care about the next plotline and set of support characters? Why, in short, should I have any reason to keep reading? Except, perhaps, to see which DCU villain punches Dick in the stomach and steals his lunch money before going off to fight someone else.
    This has been a constant patter with this book. Give Grayson a solid status quo only to have it get ripped away.
    The Circus angle at least had history behind it.

I wish this book was more Titan franchise linked than Bat franchise linked.

Maybe that would stop this from happening.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Objectively speaking I dont think this issue was bad at all it was quite good and yet I couldn't care less,found it very mediocre(personally).
    Overall the Batman family line is easily at it's WORST creatively speaking,almost every single writer wants to hold on to Snyder's jock strap.I'm getting sick of horror,slasher,torture.

If the intention of Death of the Family was to prove that Joker is a proper nemesis then it has failed miserably,this is just non sense on the same level as Prometheus(Cry for Justice).Too many people are pointing out the stupidity of these supposedly brilliant plans.

The Joker has always been one of my top 5 DC villains(others being Darkseid,Deathstroke,Bane,Luthor) and I never really understood why fans kept complaining about him being overexposed but after this I have no intention in reading a Joker story for at the very least a few years,not even a cameo.I have a feeling the same holds true for many others,thank you Snyder.
    I can't agree enough with this. The horror is getting really old.

I can't wait until Tim goes dark, has a ton of girlfriends, sets up a global network of reluctant anti-heroes, goes toe to toe with Shiva, takes out R'as and the League of Assassins, and puts his best friend in the hospital because the kid went all villain... Er... wait... It was Tim last time, I meant Dick.

Dick and the TT didn't and won't happen. Sorry to everyone that was still holding out, but Slade is after Jason, Kory is with Jason, TT was created by Tim, Roy is the master strategist, everyone else that he used to be friends with just got called up to the JL but he didn't, and Damian has become the logical inheritor of the cowl.

Honestly the worst part is that DC seems completely oblivious to what they've done to Dick, and to a lesser extent Tim. I understand they wanted to do something exciting with Jason, but if any of the Robin's was ever meant to be a loner it is Red Hood. I get wanting Cyborg to be more important because he's black, but DC called up Zatanna, Black Lightning, and Vibe to the JL before NW. Kory with anyone but Dick Grayson makes no sense. I no longer have any reason to read about a character that has been a part of DCU longer than most of the DCnU's Original Justice League.

Honestly, i don't really care if Nightwings isn't in the Justice League. The continuous taking of things from him, things that worked for Dick and made the character stronger, so that they can try and make it work for the other Robins instead though. That hurts. And the patchwork like Shiva, and plugging her into Dick's origin, rather then say Deathstroke, doesn't substitute what they pillaged. Tim Drake leftovers doesn't do Nightwing any good.
    I think its pretty clear that Tim was given Teen Titans, and Jason Titans. They just aren't calling it Titans. Kind of a shame that they couldn't think of creating those characters their own thing, but what are u gonna do. DC wants to keep um relevant, even if they got to hollow out Dick to do it.

Don't think the horror is gonna stick too much longer though. Not with Booth coming on.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-24-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Honestly, i don't really care if Nightwings isn't in the Justice League. The continuous taking of things that worked for Dick from him so that they can try and make it work for other characters instead though. That hurts.
    I think its pretty clear that Tim was given Teen Titans, and Jason Titans. They just aren't calling it Titans. Kind of a shame that they couldn't think of creating those characters their own thing, but what are u gonna do. DC wants to keep um relevant, even if they got to hollow out Dick to do it.

Don't think the horror is gonna stick too much longer though. Not with Booth coming on.
    What's Booth gonna do?

The Livewire

Honestly, i don't really care if Nightwings isn't in the Justice League. The continuous taking of things that worked for Dick from him so that they can try and make it work for other characters instead though. That hurts.

Unfortuantely this sounds exactly like what I'm reading through yours and others comments. It seems they've gutted or mixed all the elements of the characters into each other making 'Robin stew' I don't recognize Tim, or Dick, or Kory, or any of the heroes I grew up with.

*sigh* I'll always have my trades.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    What's Booth gonna do?
    Don't think he could do horror, even if they wanted him too.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Livewire View Post
    Unfortuantely this sounds exactly like what I'm reading through yours and others comments. It seems they've gutted or mixed all the elements of the characters into each other making 'Robin stew' I don't recognize Tim, or Dick, or Kory, or any of the heroes I grew up with.

*sigh* I'll always have my trades.
    Oh it has been a 'Robin stew', with red seasoning. They keep carelessly and unnecessarily blurring the lines between them, and they are all now less distant and more interchangeable then ever. Even to the point where they all wear red, even the one without red in his name. Its pretty frustrating.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-24-2013 at 12:16 PM.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    So the ENTIRE circus staff are now dead? Gawd, that's way worse than just the roller rink of dead victims over in Batgirl's title. And FYI to DC, I'm freakin' SICK of all this death and gore already! Heroes are supposed to SAVE the victims, not be helpless to help others, they may as well not even be super heroes then. I swear, more and more the bat-clan are coming across as simply helpless characters in a series of slasher flicks. DC the HERO is supposed to be the STAR of a SUPER HERO comic, NOT the psychotic serial killer villian in all his gory detail.

The continuous taking of stuff from him, stuff that worked for Dick and made the character stronger, so that they can try and make it work for the other Robins instead though. That hurts.
    Yup, Dick is getting screwed over in terms of having aspects of character narratively cannibalized the same way Babs had happen to her before the New 52 came to being. It seems for every major DC reboot now one of the original bat-family members has to get stripped for proverbial parts, IMO.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I'm trying, I'm really trying to give the new 52 a chance and accept it. However, Superman, Nightwing, and Wally West were my favorite DC characters. As you can imagine they pretty much gutted everything I ever liked. Superman isn't ass bad, but he's in limbo right now writing wise. I can't understand the writing and decisions DC is making here. Hell the Young Justice continuity would have been 20 times better s a new 52 reboot. And it would've managed to keep nearly all the characters the same and yet different enough to invigorate the lines. At least Nightwing is treated probably as are ALL the other characters.
    I like swords.