Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Today's chapter proved to be pretty good, I loved Ra's Al Ghul's reaction to Batman plummeting out of the sky. There was a sense of genuine concern that felt really appropriate.

Milligan on Batman again, wow that is great news. He can be very hit and miss - i.e. the old Detective run is all over the place, the Beast story trailed off towards the end, the Suit of Sorrows issue - but Milligan on a bad day is still better than 90% of other stuff out there.

One of the first things I'll do when I get my ipad hooked up to wireless again is burn through a bunch of these LotDk chapters

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Milligan on Batman again, wow that is great news. He can be very hit and miss - i.e. the old Detective run is all over the place, the Beast story trailed off towards the end, the Suit of Sorrows issue - but Milligan on a bad day is still better than 90% of other stuff out there.

One of the first things I'll do when I get my ipad hooked up to wireless again is burn through a bunch of these LotDk chapters
    Yeah, he's pretty great and if the first issue is any measure this isn't Milligan on a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    ....this isn't Milligan on a bad day.
    Seconded. This was a nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    Milligan on Batman again, wow that is great news.
    You know I still haven't read any of this guy's stuff but 'Suit of Sorrows,' and if that was him on a bad day I really need to grab DK, DC. Couldn't find an easy to 'acquire' it *cough cough* last time I looked but I'll prob just comixologize it if it's on there. Besides this LotDK arc what are other highlights of Peter's?

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Besides this LotDK arc what are other highlights of Peter's?
    His stuff on Tec was pretty good. A little bit before Knightfall. Issue 630 or so on for a ways.

He also did that story in Confidential a few years back about "The Beast" in Russia. That was OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    He also did that story in Confidential a few years back about "The Beast" in Russia. That was OK.
    Such a sick cover though.

The covers on his Tec run are pretty astounding as well to my recall.

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    You know I still haven't read any of this guy's stuff but 'Suit of Sorrows,' and if that was him on a bad day I really need to grab DK, DC. Couldn't find an easy to 'acquire' it *cough cough* last time I looked but I'll prob just comixologize it if it's on there. Besides this LotDK arc what are other highlights of Peter's?
    Dark Knight Dark City is indeed available on Comixology.

As for Milligan's other works I'd suggest "The Golem of Gotham" which ran from Tec #631-632 and the Jim Apro art is great. Unfortunately, it's not available on comixology but they're easy enough to track down on ebay.

I started collecting LOTDK in print (1-4), but I've decided to stop and just get this series digitally. There are many digital issues available for purchase. What are your favorites?

The Slam Bradley one is really good, "Dreaming He is a Butterfly" from 25 and 26 is pretty twisted, and the one shot (so to speak) that Rafael Albuquerque did with issue 33 is even more twisted.

Peter Milligan's current arc isn't too bad. It has a nice idea, but perhaps one that should take longer to be told properly. It's funny how he writes Ra's al Ghul, with a parrot and two sarcastic henchwomen - it's almost as if Ra's was a villain from the 60s series.

I'm only picking up issues, here and there, when the art and story jive with me, but overall I'm really enjoying this digital line.

I like the current arc with a tech dependant Batman being forced to go back to basics.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    I'm only picking up issues, here and there, when the art and story jive with me, but overall I'm really enjoying this digital line.

I like the current arc with a tech dependant Batman being forced to go back to basics.
    Yeah, the back to basics concept is cool but even more than that I've loved how it's been implied that Ra's has forced Bruce to go back to basics by being behind Wayne Tech's financial troubles.

In essence it seems as if Ra's is attempting to force Bruce to be a better Batman and I love it.

^absolutely. That is actually the most I've enjoyed Ra's in a long time. The parrot and hench-women were odd, at first, but I've warmed to them.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor