Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Digital LotDK line up

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/01...he-dark-knight

Hopefully you’ve already downloaded yesterday’s twisted LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT story “Adaptation” from Rafael Albuquerque (he’s both the writer and artist for this story), if not then hold everything and download the book now. Albuquerque talked about his LOTDK chapter and other projects to CBR’s Robot6, check it out here.

“Adaptation” is just the beginning – there's an exciting line up of new LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT digital-first chapters coming your way in 2013, here’s the latest schedule:

January 17 – LOTDK #33 “Adaptation” writing and artwork by Rafael Albuquerque

January 23 – LOTDK #34 “Return of Batman” part 1 written by Peter Milligan, artwork by Riccardo Burchiello

January 31 – LOTDK #35 “Return of Batman” part 2 written by Peter Milligan, artwork by Riccardo Burchiello

February 7 – LOTDK #36 “Return of Batman” part 3 written by Peter Milligan, artwork by Riccardo Burchiello

February 14 – LOTDK #37 “Return of Batman” part 4 written by Peter Milligan, artwork by Riccardo Burchiello

February 21 – LOTDK #38 “I Hate When He Does That” part 1 written by Joshua Williamson, artwork by Wes Craig

February 28 – LOTDK #39 “I Hate When He Does That” part 2 written by Joshua Williamson, artwork by Wes Craig

March 7– LOTDK #40 “I Hate When He Does That” part 3 written by Joshua Williamson, artwork by Wes Craig

I actually didn't download the most recent story -- how was it? Love me some Rafael.

Also nice to see the return of Peter Milligan to Batman. We'll see how that goes.

Still strange that Ales Kot's story hasn't come out -- perhaps due to the slowness of the artist, Ryan Sook?
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

I do enjoy these stories.

I've collected 1-4 in print, but I'm thinking about switching to digital.

Does anyone know if print issues 1-4 are the same as digital issues 1-16?

I was also expecting to see Sean Murphy in there, as he's been drawing some Batman stuff recently, and I'm willing to bet like Albuquerque, may have written his own chapter as well.

Four part story from Milligan is odd, considering each print issue collects 3 chapters.

I had stopped reading after 26 as the stories and creative teams didn't peak my interest but I picked up the latest issue because I loved Rafael Albuquerque's art in American Vampire and I wasn't disappointed. I can't really say too much with out ruining the end but trust me its pretty cool.

I'm pretty excited for Peter Milligan's story, "Dark Knight, Dark City" is one of my favorite Batman stories.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoLawyer View Post
    I do enjoy these stories.

I've collected 1-4 in print, but I'm thinking about switching to digital.

Does anyone know if print issues 1-4 are the same as digital issues 1-16?
    Print #1-4 covers Digital #1-10 and 14-15.

Nice to know we still have more to look forward to from this title.

I'd rather read this than Batman, Tec, or TDK.

I'm more a print man, so I'm holding off on this until I can get a nice trade collection. Any word on whether or not this comic will be collected into a trade (it feels like a no brainer to do, but I haven't heard anything about this)?

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/01...he-dark-knight

Hopefully you’ve already downloaded yesterday’s twisted LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT story “Adaptation” from Rafael Albuquerque (he’s both the writer and artist for this story), if not then hold everything and download the book now. Albuquerque talked about his LOTDK chapter and other projects to CBR’s Robot6, check it out here.
    Wow. That was pretty stunning. Very dark. I liked it. It's the Batman episode of the Twilight Zone.

what are some highlights of this series so far? I for one really liked the B. Clay Moore and Ben Templesmith 3-parter, but I've only read 1-9

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Nice to know we still have more to look forward to from this title.

I'd rather read this than Batman, Tec, or TDK.
    On the whole, I would too.

I just got adaptation and I really liked it

any other highlights?

not sure I wanna run through and buy all 30 somethin issues
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post

any other highlights?

4-6, or the second print issue, is great. Crisis in Identity, art by the guy who drew Fell, fun little story.

Man, I'd love to have Lindelof and Lemire back for another issue.
    Avengers, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, FF, Hawkeye, New Avengers
    Animal Man, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League
    Saga, Thief of Thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughNTumble View Post

any other highlights?

I think my favorite still might be the first chapter, "The Butler Did it" written by Damon Lindelof and with art by Jeff Lemire.
    The three part story "Crisis in Identity" which ran through 4-6 is fun as well as the three part Slam Bradly story by Joshua Hale Fialkov which ran from 11-14.

Quote Originally Posted by ispacehead View Post
    Wow. That was pretty stunning. Very dark. I liked it. It's the Batman episode of the Twilight Zone.
    Loved it as well.. Loved the killing joke inspiration. If Capullo ever leaves batman, Albuquerque needs to take over..
    taunt the baron, tempt the fury