Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I only get Justice League and Superman, with the new Justice League of America soon to be added to my reading list. So, with books priced at $3.99, that's what, $16 a month?

I get Batman, Detective, and Batman Inc.

After this past Batman and Robin issue, I dropped it. So I spend about $10 with my discount from the shop I go to.

And people wonder why DC doesn't pay attention to what is said on these boards. Apparently there's not a lot of purchasing going on around here.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

$4 on Batman only thing worth reading

I spend about $40-$45 a month on DC. Though that will be dropping pretty significantly soon. I'm a lifelong Superman fan with Batman as a close second. With the Nu52 I tried branching out into other titles like Animal Man, Swamp Thing and Batwoman. Though most of those titles started off good and then became stagnant. They feel like they lost direction and nothing really happens anymore. The Rot continues to drag on. Batwoman still hasn't really resolved what was going on in her first arc. It's getting dull. I love Action Comics but Superman isn't all that good, with a weak crossover and loads of inconsistencies. There is a huge saturation of Bat books, which largely top out at mediocre. So I think I'll be dropping a lot of titles soon. The Nu52 just hasn't done anything that I find terribly interesting. It's taking old ideas and trying to make them seem fresh by making the heroes younger and retelling the stories I've already read. I find that I enjoy the independents far more these days than anything the big 2 have to offer. I don't read any Marvel anymore and I"m having a hard time staying interested in DC. I guess I have superhero burnout. I'm tired of getting invested in character that never change because it coule affect the corporate brand and get rebooted every couple of years. It makes their stories have so much less impact when you know nothing will ever really change and the company who publishes them will just hit the reset button eventually.

So I'm dropping DC titles in favor of the amazing independents that are out there. Independent creators aren't affraid to take chances with their characters or books. They will actually end a story when it reaches it's logical conclusion. The stuff I read from Valliant, Image and Oni is so much more groundbreaking and dramatic than anything Marvel or DC has put out in atleast two decades.

Wow, totally didn't mean to rant there. I guess I just got to thinking about what I currently buy and why I won't be buying it anymore. So I'll be spending a lot less on DC starting this month. They just don't seem to have what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    I only get Justice League and Superman, with the new Justice League of America soon to be added to my reading list. So, with books priced at $3.99, that's what, $16 a month?
    $3.99
    $2.99
    $3.99
    ~~~~
    $10.97
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

I'd like to be able to buy more, but my budget is so tight that I only have 5 titles total on my pull list (3 DC, 2 Marvel).

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

My DC comic expenditures always flux from month to month. Lately, they have been decreasing. Right now, I have six books that I really am into and will pick up right away:

Batgirl
    Wonder Woman
    Batwoman
    Aquaman
    Detective
    Nightwing

Those add to $18.94

Then there are those where my loyalty is wobbling and I may pick it up right away if I think about it, or I may wait a month for the digital discount. Those books have sort of lost momentum for me and, while I like them, I donít anticipate them and read them right away. I will get them when it occurs to me or when Image hasn't put out some great book. This is especially since there are so many great independents now:

Earth 2
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Amethyst

Those add up to $12.96 ($3.99 for Sword of SorceryÖreally? I canít imagine why the sales are in the toilet.) So I would average that based on the fact that I buy them sometimes right away and sometimes not. $10.96

Then there are always going to be the odd comics I try out one here, one there, in hopes I hit a good one. I would guess that is about 3 a month or $8.97

So my total is $38.87, or at least this is my best guess. This seems like a lot as I count it up. However, I have been buying more and more Image, Dynamite and Oni so the DC total will probably continue to decrease, replaced by other publishers. The more I discovery independents, the easier it is to find great stories on Comixology that you can pick up discounted or on sale as part of sales on the whole run.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neverender View Post
    $3.99
    $2.99
    $3.99
    ~~~~
    $10.97

Damn, even if my prices were correct, I just saw that my math was way off.

LOL, $3.99 x 3 should've been roughly $12.00, not $16.00. Sheesh, major fail on my part.

$25 at the moment.
    Justice League
    Action
    Detective
    Batman
    Green Lantern

It will go up when JLA comes out then again in April when Green Lantern Corps gets a combo pack. Before I left the US I was buying a lot more DC maybe like $50 month maybe a little. For DC titles that do not contain a combo pack I just wait a few months until the price goes down on comixology and buy it from them. If almost every DC book came with a digital copy like Marvels I would probably still be buying majority of most of them still.

$25 at the moment.
    Justice League
    Action
    Detective
    Batman
    Green Lantern

It will go up when JLA comes out then again in April when Green Lantern Corps gets a combo pack. Before I left the US I was buying a lot more DC maybe like $50 month maybe a little. For DC titles that do not contain a combo pack I just wait a few months until the price goes down on comixology and buy it from them. If almost every DC book came with a digital copy like Marvels I would probably still be buying majority of most of them still.

Typical Month:
    Stormwatch $2.99
    Animal Man $2.99
    Swamp Thing $2.99
    Batman Inc $2.99
    Aquaman $2.99
    Flash $2.99
    Justice League $3.99
    Red Hood $2.99
    Teen Titans $2.99

I also usually try a couple of new books so add in about $5.98 and maybe a trade or 2. So roughly about $50 but I also get a nice discount at my comic shop and buy trades online.
    Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Constantine, Earth-2, Suicide Squad, Phantom Stranger, Forever Evil, Rogues Rebellion, Arkham War, ARGUS, Iron Man & Unity. Trades: Saga, East of West & Lazarus.

I spend about $60 or so a month on DC comics but that number isn't set in stone given that I sometimes add or drop titles or buy trades.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

I'd say between 60 to 80 dollars a month on new DC titles depending on what has caught my eye. I pick up and drop titles month to month in the books I buy digitally but also have a constant pull list at my local shop that only changes every great once in awhile. Like I don't normally pick up Animal Man or Swamp Thing but I've been reading for the Rot World crossover.
    D-Deadman! You killed Deadman!!

Quote Originally Posted by kolejorg View Post
    I'm a hoarder and order the regular cover of all "New 52" comics each month. Through scifi genre I spend around 95$ on average a month. That doesn't include trades. What's your average?
    Nowhere near that. In the heyday of the 90's, for DC stuff alone, it was twenty to thirty dollars for one month. Give or take a DC printed title and excluding trades, which were every once in a while. Between 2006 to 2008, it was less than ten dollars. From 2008 through 2011, it was thirty dollars for each month. At present, it's back down to where it was when I started reading again in 06. This excludes back issues.