View Poll Results: Which Batman Comic Arc?

Voters
77. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Hush

14 18.18%
  • The Long Halloween

16 20.78%
  • A Death in the Family

1 1.30%
  • The Killing Joke

6 7.79%
  • The Man Who Laughs

2 2.60%
  • Court of Owls

14 18.18%
  • Batman: R.I.P.

11 14.29%
  • Batman Year 2

0 0%
  • Battle for the Cowl

6 7.79%
  • Other

7 9.09%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    I would love to see a movie version of The Court of Owls... especially with Kevin Conroy as Batman!
    Court of Owls? Really? I'd prefer something with a little more shelf time. I mean we could only outdo that for freshness with DotF or Snyder's Riddler arc.

Long Halloween

Arkham Asylum/Killing Joke

And if any of Morrison's recent work were adapted, Return of Bruce Wayne seems to have the most appeal
    for an animated feature. The origin of his arrival can be explored as his memory fills in after each time jump.

Quote Originally Posted by booyah View Post
    Court of Owls? Really? I'd prefer something with a little more shelf time. I mean we could only outdo that for freshness with DotF or Snyder's Riddler arc.
    I would like DotF or Court of Owls but in all seriousness, it is unlikely given how new they are. They don't want to make a movie out of something so recent or it might hurt comic sales from fans who want to know what happened but would wait for a movie. I like the Long Halloween but have no idea how it would transition to animation given its style.

BANNED

Batman RIP would make an amazing movie, especially since they could follow it up with a condensed version of Batman Reborn.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Battle for the Cowl. Come on bruhs. A Batman movie with no boring Bruce Wayne, and Damian hijacking the Batmobile and driving around with hookers.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I've always though the Killing Joke would make an AWESOME animated film.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Death in the Family is already featured in Under the Red Hood. I know DitF is highly regarded but the 1st two issues are really the only good parts. Those are the four chapters that build up to Jason's death. After that the last two issues are kind of ridiculous. Batman seems like for sure he is gonna kill the Joker who met with Ayatollah Khomeini and has become the Iranian ambassador to the UN. You couldn't tell that kind of story today.

I wish I could of voted for more than one; The Man Who Laughs, Hush, Knightfall, Black Mirror & The Killing Joke all seem like they could be made into pretty decent animated movies. Night of the Owls hasn't been around long enough but I think eventually the Talons will be adapted to the small screen. Although I'm not a fan of Cobb being Batman's brother. I hope we find out it isn't true.

If they adapted Black Mirror they might have to change the fact that Dick Grayson is Batman. I'm not sure fans who don't pick up the books will go for that. Unless maybe they do a Knightfall or Batman R.I.P. & Battle for the Cowl story first. I'd also like to see the first three issues of Grant Morrison's Batman & Robin animated. Can't wait to see Damian Wayne animated. They could even flashback to Son of the Demon and Batman & Son.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

No Man's Land and Knightfall could be great multiparters, though I have no need to see Batman's back be broken in animated form after seeing it in live action.

Batman R.I.P.

The Killing Joke, The Man Who Laughs or Other. The rest, not so much.
    BB

I'd like to see both All-Star Batman and Robin as well as Dark Knight Strikes Again as animated films.

Heart of Hush or Hush Money

Started this same thread when I first joined CBR.

I chose The Long Halloween because it's one of my favorite batman stories

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfeather View Post
    I'm just curious which arc do you think is most worthy or interesting enough to be made into an animated film? Personally, a continuation with Year 2 would be something I would find appealing.
    Instead of doing the Year Two Reaper story as a sequel to Year One, I'd rather they adapted Doug Moench's 'Prey'.
    Remember when all those rumours were swarming the net that Prey was going to be the basis for Nolan's third Batman movie? I was pretty excited that was going to be the storyline, I revisited the comics and found they were better than I remembered(and I had pretty good memories of the story). I would love to see it onscreen in animated form, as long as it wasn't rushed through like Year One. I'd rather they cut bits and pieces out, than rush through every scene in the book.

Also, maybe that 3 part Batman LoTDK tale where he teams up with the Viking Prince, and it shows flashbacks to Batman in a previous life, living in a fairytale land battling a Frost Giant, that would suit an animated movie, it was called 'Destiny'.
    Last edited by listenuscrewheads; 01-21-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    And if any of Morrison's recent work were adapted, Return of Bruce Wayne seems to have the most appeal for an animated feature. The origin of his arrival can be explored as his memory fills in after each time jump.
    That would be great, especially the idea that the origin of his time-jumps would slowly be revealed to the viewer, as he regains his memory.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor