Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Dixon's run was good due to execution, simply because Dixon got the character, but there were definitely some major flaws in his concept, which was essentially making Dick into a happy go lucky Daredevil.

While IMO "Dick Grayson's" best runs are by Morrison (B&R) and Wolfman (NTT), I think Tomasi's might be my favorite "Nightwing" run.

NY as a setting, and the whole museum curator thing were a bit iffy, but his character was great and Tomasi did a great job of making him more of a DCU character and less of a bat character.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punter23 View Post
    Let's just wait till DoTF is finished and then assess what Kyle has got in store for Nightwing. I'm confident that he and Booth will do a good job.

Plus I would like to see more of Grayson interacting with Barry, Cyborg, Zatanna, John Stewart, Supergirl, Batwing and maybe added in Green Arrow, I think Nightwing can have a fun story with any of these characters but I haven't read JLD so I dunno and JL for a long long time and Supergirl does need to be more Earthly.

Or just him interacting with locals, so keep Sonia alive and maybe him making new friends. I think it will lighten up soon after this event and the new place.
    Id be cool with Cyborg, Zatanna, and Supergirl, and i could even live with John Stewart, or Batwing, but unless he gonna ask "hey, where's my best buddy Wally" im not sure id be cool with Barry, or Green Arrow (i just don't like Green Arrow).
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-21-2013 at 11:29 AM.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...joker/1850763/

looks like Dick might be getting the change of scenery everyone's looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by RichSummers View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2...joker/1850763/

looks like Dick might be getting the change of scenery everyone's looking for.
    It's a nice article, but at the same time didn't we pretty much hear the same thing coming out of Court of Owls? I'm hopeful though.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Ya, Higgins has already said on twitter that there's gonna be a new location for Nightwing. I do hope that the story is true to the words in that article though. That they are swinging for the fences with the next story, and that they are going to push him to the future in a bold way. Thats what i want to see. Them taking more chances, and being bolder.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-21-2013 at 11:51 AM.

He's certainly saying the right things, but I'm not sure I quite believe it yet.

We'll have to wait and see. At this point I'd like a new creative team -- Higgins has failed to deliver, for me, at every level and in every outing (Deathstroke, Squadron Supreme, Nightwing) -- but perhaps he'll make it work here.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, Higgins has already said on twitter that there's gonna be a new location for Nightwing. I do hope that the story is true to the words in that article though. That they are swinging for the fences with the next story, and that they are going to push him to the future in a bold way. Thats what i want to see. Them taking more chances, and being bolder.
    Since that's been confirmed for Nightwing, I wonder if we can assume the same, or something similar, for the rest of the Bat-fam.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Since that's been confirmed for Nightwing, I wonder if we can assume the same, or something similar, for the rest of the Bat-fam.
    No I think we can assume that Babs and Robin would stay. Tim and Jason have branched out, so yeah Dick would be doing the same.

Regardless if he changes locations if he is still completely isolated from the rest of the universe nothing is going to change. He need to rebuild those relationships with other heroes that he lost is what is most important IMO. Until that happens, which doesn't seem like that is changing, the book is going to continue to be average at best.

And Damian and Jason are in the best positions ATM because they didn't lose anything unlike the other robins and pretty much gained a lot more than they had before the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    We've all talked about this ad nauseum ad infinitum, but just in case anyone missed it...

Yes, this book needs something big - something monumental, really - to make it stand out from the rest of the Bat-line. Fortunately, that direction is embedded into the history of the character himself (whether it's occurred in continuity or not). Unfortunately, the desire and ability is dependent on the writer, and I'm not sure Kyle Higgins has what it takes to do it.

Nightwing is the sheer joy of action, of movement, made manifest. He is perfect grace, physically and mentally and spiritually. He soars above his city with a smile on his face, and he does what he does because there is no greater satisfaction than helping others. He relates to and empathizes with EVERYONE, gives EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt, goes the extra mile for everyone - whether it's getting someone into a detox program or just asking how the crippled son of a cop-friend is doing. Angst is not right for Nightwing, though that doesn't mean he won't be confronted with opponents or even allies that make him question himself, or reality itself.

Dick Grayson is famous, the public and humanitarian face of the Bat-family. Where as Batman pretends to be likeable and charismatic (and can never QUITE manage it), Grayson is truly liked by everyone (and hated by a select few, the correct few, if you know what I mean). In a world of celebrity and pretension he is a genuine presence, and people instantly respond to that -- to real confidence, and the kindness that comes with it. Every woman wants him. Every man wants to be him. And maybe secretly wants him, too.

Nightwing is a superhero. He doesn't operate locally, he operates globally. He is bright and he is glorious the sphere in which he operates reflects this. It's technicolor insanity beneath the neon strobes of Las Vegas one day, noir grunt work in the back alleys of 1920s chicago the next, impossible battles against the last vestiges of a dead reality over the weekend (though it's hard to say, with the battle taking place outside known time/space). He's as popular within the superhero community as he is in the human elite or the gritty streets.

He's a blending of Superman and Batman, and his adventures and the attitude of those around him should reflect that.

That's what I want. And I don't know of anyone who can, or wants to, deliver it.
    After Batwoman... or possibly tied with her.... THIS!
    "Mmmmmmm, Namor" - Celebrating Cold Water's Appreciation of All Things Namor