Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Exclamation Too late!

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    If she has to be a daughter of Zeus, it would be kind of cool if she had some sort of immunity to lightning attacks.
    That's probably what she was thinking during that sustained blast of Magical Lightning.

If only WW's bracelets were STILL working like that below:

"The special Amazon metal in my bracelets acts as a lightning rod - - attracting lightning without harm to me".
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 01-24-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    Aquaman is supposed to be strong, he withstands the massive pressures of the ocean depths on a daily basis. He was strong in Morrison's JLA too.
    Not Superman strong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Not Superman strong.
    If he can punch an Angel across the floor, he can do that to Superman too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    If he can punch an Angel across the floor, he can do that to Superman too.
    There was only one angel that was Superman levels of strong the others were not.

Aquaman is strong. of course he can punch Superman. Superman proved he could take it. He never knocked him out. And Superman's strength is still growing. He does not even know what he can do.

Orm's trident is magical. So doubt Diana's cuffs could do anything against magical lightning if her cuffs could do anything like that in the new 52.

And where was God Mode? Why didn't she take off the cuffs and beat up Orm ?Seems to me God Mode is something that makes no sense or needs some explanation by Azz on that it has some sort of limitation because I cannot see that being used outside of her title.

I hope Diana recovers from the attack faster than the rest and the women comes and save the day!

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    And where was God Mode? Why didn't she take off the cuffs and beat up Orm ?Seems to me God Mode is something that makes no sense or needs some explanation by Azz on that it has some sort of limitation because I cannot see that being used outside of her title.
    I find it gratifying that outside "her" title, Wonder Woman continues to fly, and otherwise continues to have her full abilities from before Flashpoint.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Aquaman is strong. of course he can punch Superman. Superman proved he could take it. He never knocked him out. And Superman's strength is still growing. He does not even know what he can do.
    Lift the planet. But I take your point.

Orm's trident is magical. So doubt Diana's cuffs could do anything against magical lightning if her cuffs could do anything like that in the new 52.
    Well the bracers were forged by a god. But taken by surprise this does not seem unreasonable.

In fairness she has to take the bracers off to use it and so really you could say why does she even where them, besides as jewelery? We dont know.

I do note that in terms of action Superman dominates the isse. Diana gets a bit more play than Batman. I cant remember the last time Superman saved Wonder Woman by carrying her in his arms, though I am guessing the SM/WW shippers will be geeking out over that.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I find it gratifying that outside "her" title, Wonder Woman continues to fly, and otherwise continues to have her full abilities from before Flashpoint.
    And little to no personality :)

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    And little to no personality :)
    WW is great in Batwoman :)

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    WW is great in Batwoman :)
    True.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Aquaman is supposed to be strong, he withstands the massive pressures of the ocean depths on a daily basis. He was strong in Morrison's JLA too.
    Strong yes, beating Superman around, no.

Then where did Superman go the rest of the fight? Aquaman might be tough enough to not break his hand, but I don't buy him sending Supes flying.

And Superman's strength is still growing. He does not even know what he can do.
    This isn't still year 1 JL: they've moved to modern "lift the weight of the world for 5 days underground" Superman.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post

Can you guess what she's thinking when Ocean Master is using so much more electricity that we can see her bones under her skin?
    Throwing away my lightsabre was pretty frikkin stupid.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

True.
    Was she?

She just came off as thinking of herself as inept. Envying Superman and Green Lantern instead of being distracted by it and putting her own unique efforts into it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    Was she?

She just came off as thinking of herself as inept. Envying Superman and Green Lantern instead of being distracted by it and putting her own unique efforts into it.
    I would agree if I hadn't read the other three fifths of that splash--or even just the rest of that page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Picture.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	107871

That cut-cauterize strike method--with her lasso evidently holding the heads in place--is "her own unique method," isn't it?

And don't forget that she says earlier that she only knows two or "perhaps three" people who can handle the hydra, and then promises that she can do it. That's pretty confident.

I also like that the "perhaps three," when you put it together with what you quoted, may imply that she's not sure Hal could do it, even though she could do it with his ring. I guess she still doesn't think very much of Hal.

Anyway, isn't it great to get Wonder Woman in so many books lately? Besides Wonder Woman and Justice League, several months of Batwoman, and now a Superman cameo, Superboy, a scene or two the Superboy annual, upcoming Superman books like Superman 19, and the Valentine's Day special. And Steve Trevor continuing to show up in Justice LEague Dark, and expected to show up in Team 7 as well as starring in JLA. It's a wondercopia.
    Last edited by slvn; 01-29-2013 at 03:34 PM.