Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonBlownapart View Post
    They might as well reboot the Ultimate line at this point seeing as how X-Men and Ultimates are completely ignoring everything that happened prior to DWF/UWS.
    If that was the case, we wouldn't see the West Coast Ultimates.
    Seriously, though, the art is great but so far it appears that the ball was once again dropped. 2 of these characters already exist in the UU and the third was strongly suggested to have been Ben Grimm, although it was never truly confirmed. However, we've already seen that the Vision can alter its appearance and gender, so there is a chance that its the same character from the Gah Lak Tus story. Same goes with Black Knight; he could easily have gotten a new costume. How/why all these characters are working together, I guess we'll find out. I just hope they ARE the same characters so that the continuity will at least not be as heavily impacted.
    Ben Grimm is still Ben Grimm and this Power Man, based upon Mike Deodato's cover does not change his color into a purple man while using his powers. Energy beams would be a nice new progression of the Ultimate Marvel arms race, since for now the Hulk pill is something that isn't suppose to be working, even tho that can be written around so easily. Black Knight, yeah i had totally forgotten him, but that character was a total loser, still why Nick or anyone would want to use that codename again due to the previous' legacy the name carried is beyond me.

If anything that bothers me the most is Tigra's costume, the boob-belly window (Mike Deodato's cover) is just not efficient whatsoever, this is Ultimate Marvel! Not 616-verse.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Love all of them except for Black Knight. BK has the potential to be either the coolest effing thing in the Ultimate U or the silliest effing thing. As one of my favorite 616 characters, I'm praying for the former.
    Comics are more better.

Tigra does not fit with the WCU. She looks like she was taken out a fantasy book and it's not supposed to be like that in UU! She doesn't even have a uniform! I bet the explanation of Ultimate Tigra would be a crossbreeding experiment gone wrong. You know how UU explains all this stuff through genetics and scientific crap. Wonder Man most likely won't be Ben Grimm because Humprhies said in his AMA on reddit that he doesn't have plans for him at the moment. And what the hell happened to the Defenders? Black Knight was already there. Is this the same Black Knight or just some other guy who happens to have the same name? Damnit, Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I was thinking a cross between Darkhawk and Mach 5 from Thunderbolts.
    Yeah, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Tigra does not fit with the WCU. She looks like she was taken out a fantasy book and it's not supposed to be like that in UU! She doesn't even have a uniform! I bet the explanation of Ultimate Tigra would be a crossbreeding experiment gone wrong. You know how UU explains all this stuff through genetics and scientific crap. Wonder Man most likely won't be Ben Grimm because Humprhies said in his AMA on reddit that he doesn't have plans for him at the moment. And what the hell happened to the Defenders? Black Knight was already there. Is this the same Black Knight or just some other guy who happens to have the same name? Damnit, Marvel!
    Are you serious? You think Ultimate Tigra is the result of a human having sex with a tiger? Or a tiger that raped a woman? Nah, I expect it's the result of gene splicing. She was probably created in a lab, among possibly hundreds of orphan children, being experimented on for genetic research, and that this "test subject" actually survived the experiments and was a complete success.

Tigra does not fit with the WCU. She looks like she was taken out a fantasy book and it's not supposed to be like that in UU!
    Ultimate Marvel has had it's share of fantasy elements from the fantasy realms of Asgard to the supernatural wars between Vampires and so forth. The Ultimate Marvel reaching to the point of gene-splicing to create it's super soldiers is just one of the next steps in the evolution of the world, aslong as it is done properly.
    She doesn't even have a uniform!
    It's not seen on the character design sketch, but here is Miek Deodato's cover:

Which also confirm that Wonder Man is Black, nor does he turn purple.

You know how UU explains all this stuff through genetics and scientific crap.
    It's done that since forever, why is it that you only now complain about it? Why was it fine with Spider-Man and Original Ultimates, but now it's bad?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Wow that is one nasty looking cover... the Cap v Tigra part is probably the best of it, what the hell is up with Hawkeye's proportions? His right leg, how's it doing that? and his right arm is weirdly splayed. Just yuck.

I really like Black Knights design but I have no interest in this. Unless I hear that it's a ridiculously well-written book I shan't be giving it a look.

I bet the explanation of Ultimate Tigra would be a crossbreeding experiment gone wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Are you serious? You think Ultimate Tigra is the result of a human having sex with a tiger? Or a tiger that raped a woman?
    LOL that gave me a good laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowsabre7 View Post
    I really like Black Knights design but I have no interest in this. Unless I hear that it's a ridiculously well-written book I shan't be giving it a look.
    Me too. It's just really hard to get excited for this. It's for some reason giving me this campy feel. And the two potentially repeated Ultimizations just makes it worse for me.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Enough with the goddamn double-Ultimizations.

I'm really curious why so many people are assuming that continuity is being broken here. We literally know nothing about these characters yet except their code names and designs. I think it's very likely that Vision will at least be somehow related to the original Ultimate Vision, if not the same character. Black Knight will probably be a new character, but the other Black Knight has been in about 4 issues, and is incredibly unimportant overall.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

So Ult Thor is clean shaven while 616 Thor is getting a beard......

Quote Originally Posted by neoblackdragon View Post
    So Ult Thor is clean shaven while 616 Thor is getting a beard......
    Most comic book covers lie. Since post-death of spider-man nearly all of the covers for the Ultimate U. have some kind of problem with them. Either with Miles having his webs before he got them. Or Thor's and Captain America's costume being wrong. Heck Thor will most likely still have a beard in the issue, but on the cover nope.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'm really curious why so many people are assuming that continuity is being broken here. We literally know nothing about these characters yet except their code names and designs. I think it's very likely that Vision will at least be somehow related to the original Ultimate Vision, if not the same character. Black Knight will probably be a new character, but the other Black Knight has been in about 4 issues, and is incredibly unimportant overall.
    Why would the artist mention he created the characters if he was just updating them? I know it's small stuff, but we still don't even have an explanation on how Psylocke is back and the recent quality of Ultimates and UCSM has been down. I'm getting tired of cutting the UU slack. It takes 2 minutes to look up these characters on Wikipedia, why wouldn't they do that?
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 01-20-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I'm honestly not that bothered by continuity, I like the designs(especially Wonder Man) and I just hope the story is decent.

Wonder man though is what excites me here, I like that he reminds me of the Rock whom I've always pegged as the actor necessary for the role if he were ever to appear on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Why would the artist mention he created the characters if he was just updating them?
    Wow, didn't know you can understand Portuguese. In that case, can you show where in the interview Bennett mentiones he created the characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It takes 2 minutes to look up these characters on Wikipedia, why wouldn't they do that?
    Why don't you do that? For example, you'd find that there have been five Black Knights in 616 so far, and the most popular one, Dane Whitman, hasn't been ultimatized yet. But then you couldn't be whining about comics that aren't out for three months, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wisdom View Post
    Wow, didn't know you can understand Portuguese. In that case, can you show where in the interview Bennett mentiones he created the characters?
    It clearly says in the first post of this thread that the artist designed the look of all these characters. Please learn to read before insulting others.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Wisdom View Post
    Why don't you do that? For example, you'd find that there have been five Black Knights in 616 so far, and the most popular one, Dane Whitman, hasn't been ultimatized yet. But then you couldn't be whining about comics that aren't out for three months, would you?
    You're forgetting the part about the UU is supposed to have less convoluted continuity and be new reader friendly, since Marvel themselves know that 616 is the exact opposite of new reader friendly. Now, because of all these double-ultimatizations the UU is just becoming 616 #2.

And for the record, in constantly "whining" about people's whining, you are in fact becoming a hypocrite. Please stop while you are ahead if you want to even remotely retain a sense of dignity. Thank you.
    Last edited by Balfro; 01-21-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF