Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sorry no international conventions in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by CBM View Post
    Sorry no international conventions in the future...
    O well. Maybe if I save up enough and can find some lodging and like rent a saloon for traversing strange places I might come down one day.

But travelling internationally will be very draining even despite any fun. Youknow?
    Well of course you know, because you did like 100 times already! Which'll be pretty amazing both as buff in itself, I'd think.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    O well. Maybe if I save up enough and can find some lodging and like rent a saloon for traversing strange places I might come down one day.

But travelling internationally will be very draining even despite any fun. Youknow?
    Well of course you know, because you did like 100 times already! Which'll be pretty amazing both as buff in itself, I'd think.
    Kees, maybe we should have a euro meet up for board members?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boss Man View Post
    Kees, maybe we should have a euro meet up for board members?
    I would have no reluctance towards such, or only like practically speaking.

By which I mean that when I look at my own travel behavior - which I wouldn't call super-excessively frequent, I'd normally pick or combine good stuff to be doing on or for a trip. Either as on my own or among others.
    Although in or for such I would let myself be led by what would seem or be practically possible or convenient to be doing.

So I guess that for me it's mostly like this: when I would be travelling some place, I might inquire on here whether there'd be Hellboarders near there, or be to attend some comics convention which I'd be attending.

And to be honest I have no trips like such planned in the near future. But anything like a meetup you mention would seem grand to me for sure, that I can say.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 02-02-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

I'm pleased to announce that I'll be signing prints of my new painting at the Meteor Entertainment booth at this year's Emerald City Comicon in Seattle. I'll be part of the HAWKEN video game exhibit, along with Eric Powell, Ben Templesmith, and many others. I'm excited about running into Mr. Mignola again, this time as a professional. I create all of my art and music under the name "dear earthling", so if you're at the convention drop by and say hello!

Apologies if this isn't the place to post this, but I wanted to put it out there for my fellow Hellboarders.

Cheers!

Kees, next time you're in London Town, let me know.

ECCC Print

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    ECCC Print
    Gorgeous!! Anyone attending ECCC be willing to snag me one? I'm good for s/h and cost. Thanks!

there will be a limited number of the new sketchbooks available at ECCC as well.

need not fear Hellions the sketchbooks will be available at the online store as well

How much were those ECCC prints? I was hoping to grab one. I had a Friday pass but missed Mignola - his table was already shut down for the evening when I found it. Second con at which I've missed him :(

With the unfortunate events taking place in Boston ,the con has been cancelled.
    It is to be rescheduled at a later date.
    Sorry for any inconvienience .

I can only hope Mignola wasn't in the city, it's been a crazy day here.

I believe he touched down and jumped a plane back.

Hello All,
    I'm heading up to Boston in the morning basically with the sole purpose of seeing Mike Mignola. Gonna check out the panel at 12, but I can't quite figure out where else I'll be able to find him. I don't see him listed in Artist's Alley... Is anybody else from this forum attending the con? I have about 5 or 6 mignola/mignola-themed tattoos that I'm looking forward to sharing with him!

Mark