Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

There, there. Have a nice lie-down & something warm to drink, & you'll feel better about things in no time.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    There, there. Have a nice lie-down & something warm to drink, & you'll feel better about things in no time.
    Something warm to drink might not be enough to erase the memory of a girl's periods manifesting themselves as African spectres while she lives in a one room apartment. Then again whats Don got to lose
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

You're right. This appears to be a job for Barkeep Baboon. (And whatever Don has, I'll have another of, considering how I'm still reeling over Scott Harris' revelation that Squeeks eventually disappears from Crimebuster's company.)
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 01-22-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by DonEMC View Post
    And, no, I did NOT think Byrne's run was that bad. It had some good moments and some bad, but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Giffen's run.
    You sir, must be from Bizarro World...

You're right. This appears to be a job for Barkeep Baboon. (And whatever Don has, I'll have another of, considering how I'm still reeling over Scott Harris' revelation that Squeeks eventually disappears from Crimebuster's company.)
    Worst. decision. ever.

Just disappears? no explanation? no traumatic death of squeeks issue or to his own ongoing ? Let me guess squeeks goes, 9 issues later Boy Comics cancelled.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You sir, must be from Bizarro World...
    No, I really wanted to like the Giffen version and even bought a cover from Matthew Clark. At first, I thought it had promise, but toward the middle of the series, it just got stupid, and Giffen's inclusion of Ambush Bug completely ruined it for me. Giffen is no Grant Morrison and should never try to mimick his writing style.

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    Just disappears? no explanation? no traumatic death of squeeks issue or to his own ongoing ? Let me guess squeeks goes, 9 issues later Boy Comics cancelled.
    Per my expert source --

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    From #107 on, then, Crimebuster is just a high school student who, under his real name of Chuck Chandler, gets caught up in Hardy Boys style mysteries and adventures along with his new Curtiss Tech classmates. Sadly, Curtiss Tech apparently had a no monkeys policy, because Squeeks basically vanished at that point. You know, dorms at boarding schools in the 50's had some pretty strict rules, and I'm guessing pet monkeys were out of the question.
    I don't know whether I'm more outraged or depressed.

I do know that I'll never look at life (or any other defunct magazine) the same way again.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 01-23-2013 at 06:32 AM.

-- Reptisaurus!

Chuck Chandler?? never in a million years was crimebuster a chuck chandler with that haircut. Not surprised squeeks just packed his bags and left when cb started faffing around with hardy boys adventures - this was the man who fought hitler and iron jaw - reduced to mere adventure. Squeeks needs a bigger rush than that. It wouldnt surprise me to see him resurface in comics in Laos or Peru keeping it real while CB just embarrasses himself repeatedly back home.

Chuck Chandler?? never in a million years was crimebuster a chuck chandler with that haircut.
    If anything, he was almost a Phil Oakey for the '50s.

Squeeks needs a bigger rush than that. It wouldnt surprise me to see him resurface in comics in Laos or Peru keeping it real while CB just embarrasses himself repeatedly back home.
    Make this happen, please.

-- Reptisaurus!

Sounds like a Hellboy team-up waiting to happen.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

If anything, he was almost a Phil Oakey for the '50s.

YES! that's it. CB was the ultimate proto new romantic with that haircut - its just a shame that the actual new romantics sang about the emptiness of modern life with synth guitars and drum pads instead of following CBs lead in the fight against Iron Jaw - when will his reign of terror in mittel europe end? when flock of seaguls when?

kickstarter couldnt handle the adventures of squeeks post cb. Burgling Jollymon is probably the way to go here.

Burgling Jollymon is probably the way to go here.
    Excuse me? What does this have to do with me? Am I about to get burglered?
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Mon View Post
    Excuse me? What does this have to do with me? Am I about to get burglered?
    All the money -- thousands upons thousands of dollars, no doubt -- you haven't spent on bananas rightfully belongs to dr chimp &/or me.

Surely you can see that.

Burglary can, of course, be avoided if you voluntarily surrender your ill-gotten holdings. I'll pass along my PayPal account directly.

Though, to be honest, that would be rather less fun.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 01-24-2013 at 01:51 PM.

-- Reptisaurus!

All the money -- thousands upons thousands of dollars, no doubt -- you haven't spent on bananas rightfully belongs to dr chimp &/or me.

Surely you can see that.

Burglary can, of course, be avoided if you voluntarily surrender your ill-gotten holdings. I'll pass along my PayPal account directly.

Though, to be honest, that would be rather less fun.
    Boy are you two going to be disappointed. The one actual virtue I'll admit to with bananas is they're dirt cheap. So what little may have been saved has been spent on Thunder Agent comics.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

I see that dr chimp & I may have to rethink things.

Drat!

Do you at least have some nice high-dollar slabbed comics we could filch?

-- Reptisaurus!