Default Ultimate Mysterio

I just finished reading Ultimate Spiderman through the most recent UCSM #19.

I don't know much about 616 Mysterio, so I can't comment on that, but does anyone else think Ultimate Mysterio was pretty bad ass?

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

Have you read Spider-Men yet?

Ultimate Mysterio is an awesome villain. much better that his 616 counter-part. As with most ultimate characters (at least in broad terms, UU is in the gutter in my opinion right now.)
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

BANNED

The one bad thing about the awesome Spider-Men is that it ruined what was an excellent Ultimatization.

Quote Originally Posted by Xistel View Post
    Ultimate Mysterio is an awesome villain. much better that his 616 counter-part. As with most ultimate characters (at least in broad terms, UU is in the gutter in my opinion right now.)
    No! I keep hearing so much good about it, I might just have to order it off Amazon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    The one bad thing about the awesome Spider-Men is that it ruined what was an excellent Ultimatization.
    and then I read this....without spoiling, are you telling me I should be worried about how much I love Mysterio?!

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    No! I keep hearing so much good about it, I might just have to order it off Amazon now.
    I think Ultimate Universe is near perfect until Ultimatum, after that it's still got some good things going, though it never shines as bright. After death of Spider-man it's a big mixed bag. Some do enjoy it plenty though. It's just not for me (to be fair, X-Men looks pretty interesting)
    Facebook page dedicated to short films! - https://www.facebook.com/shortstuffmovies

On Vacation

yah spider-men kind of ruined ultimate mysterio. right when i was enjoying the black cat's partnership with him.

BANNED

and then I read this....without spoiling, are you telling me I should be worried about how much I love Mysterio?!
    Whoops! Sorry about the spoiler there. You'll still love the book though. CBR hails it as an instant classic, the dialogue is absolutely superb, and when read in trade paperback or hardcover collected editions, it's one of last year's best reads. If read as serialised monthly issues, it might feel a bit "meh" as each issue is so heavy on dialogue, it can feel a bit uneventful having to read it issue by issue every month. But when read as a whole, it's fantastic and one of Bendis' best books. Just the mere interaction of the characters will be enough to excite and interest you; humour you and sadden you. It's a very powerful piece of writing.

aren't there 3 Mysterios in 616

Junior Member NapoleonBlownapart's Avatar

I actually like him better because of Spider-Men, but I can imagine how somebody else might think it ruined him. There's no way I can describe what they did in Spider-Men without spoiling it, but it was a pretty surprising plot twist.

Sits on the shelf! President Kang's Avatar

It is incredibly difficult to get to the "meat" of Ultimate Mysterio without talking about Spider-Men as well. I thought it was nifty. And, yes, his early appearances, esp. the first arc in the Post-Ultimatum USM relaunch, were supremely badass.

Ultimate Mysterio IS badass.

spoilers:
    I guess Quentin Beck really lets his awesome side show when he's using the avatar... I do really like how he's trapped in the UU now, perhaps if he escapes SHIELD custody he'll don the Ult Mysterio costume like he did during THE NEW WORLD ACCORDING TO PETER PARKER.

His best appearance, though, was during Annual #3 when he was truly mysterious and formidable. His words to Spidey at the very end are chilling and totally what the character is all about. It is kind of a shame he turned out to be 616 Quentin, though :( I would have far preferred 616 and Ultimate Mysterio's meeting, or teaming up, or fighting.

Hey, what if the avatar gains sentience and becomes the true Ultimate Mystetio :P
    end of spoilers
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Ultimate Mysterio IS badass.

spoilers:
    I guess Quentin Beck really lets his awesome side show when he's using the avatar... I do really like how he's trapped in the UU now, perhaps if he escapes SHIELD custody he'll don the Ult Mysterio costume like he did during THE NEW WORLD ACCORDING TO PETER PARKER.

His best appearance, though, was during Annual #3 when he was truly mysterious and formidable. His words to Spidey at the very end are chilling and totally what the character is all about. It is kind of a shame he turned out to be 616 Quentin, though :( I would have far preferred 616 and Ultimate Mysterio's meeting, or teaming up, or fighting.

Hey, what if the avatar gains sentience and becomes the true Ultimate Mystetio :P
    end of spoilers
    Lol it wouldn't be the worst thing Marvel has ever done.
    Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates, Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers and Superior Spider-Man and All-New X-Men.

I still wish Spider-Men had asserted that spoilers:
    Ultimate Mysterio is impersonating the now-deceased 616 Mysterio.
    end of spoilers Seems like a missed opportunity.