Stats

Physicality: 10
    Marksmenship: 5
    Skill: 7
    Power: 3

Skill sets:
    Driving I (free), Vehicle Maintenance I (free), Observation I

Power: Juggernaut
    Holly manifests a conforming, invisible shield, making it difficult to harm Holly or stop her momentum. She can extend this shield on contact, uses for which includes covering the vehicle she drives

Biography:
    In Gridport's relatively quiet suburbs, Holly was born the daughter of Albert and Haruka Sinclair. Her parents paid their dues to the Jovies, the local mafia, and were largely left to run their restaurant in peace. A natural athlete, she grew up a happy tomboy, her days filled with school, sports and martial arts classes.

When she got older, she filled her teenager white hair generation quota with her parents through motorcycling. Still, it was hardly the worst hobby her parents could think of their daughter picking up, and they supported her as they could, indulging her various driving lessons and setting aside space in the garage for her to tinker. It helped that Albert was an amateur car enthusiast himself, and there was little he loved more than working and talking with his daughter.

Then came the Habert Massacre. Top members of the Jovie family gathered one afternoon at Habert's House, the Sinclair family restaurant, for a meal and meeting. Not one of them left alive. Unbeknownst to the average Joe, heat had been quietly building between the Jovies and their new rivals the Kenchelskys for some time. The Kenchelskys decided to strike first and hard. They drove by, three cars full, and unloaded a wall of lead into the restaurant, threw in a grenade for good measure, then drove off again. Among the dead was Holly's mother.

The Kenchelskys didn't last very long after that. The cops barely touched them, but no gang, especially a small, relatively minor one like them, could endure the heat they kept attracting. Rival gangs ripped them apart before long.

That was small comfort to Holly. Her family was shattered, their business ruined. It was hard to accept. She withdrew into herself, dropped out of college, took part in illegal night racing, got drunk.

In recent months, she has picked herself back up. Her old, lighter personality has resurfaced, much to her father's relief. She has found work in Gridport, and she's gotten herself noticed enough by the Central City Spiders to be offered an in.

Personality:

Holly is generally a friendly, fun loving and upbeat individual. Whether it's revving her engine before a race, cheering on the Gridport Goliaths from a pub TV or playing pirates with a child, she likes getting into the spirit of things.

However, her disposition gets a lot more sinister and malicious when she dons her motorcycle helmet. Holly still carries a lot of pain and anger at what the mafia world did to her family, and when the visor comes down she lets the latter find targets to sink her teeth into.

The change in 'personality' that apparently happens when she dons her motorcycle helmet really isn't one. Both of them are aspects of her, but she keeps them separate. The trauma of the Habert Massacre rendered her unable to reconcile who she was with who the world twisted her into being.

She is willing to smuggle goods, play enforcer and do most other things the Family might call on her to do. It comes with the territory. But she will refuse assassinations outright.
    Last edited by FalconX2000; 07-10-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Made some edits to Dwayne's powers. Also added some techno-babble on how the stealth field recognizes friend from foe. Not sure if it's too technologically advanced for the setting or not, though.
    I'd rather that Dwayne would have to designate friendlies manually as he's setting up the field and then if a new friend turns up, it still disrupts the field. This is still an E Rank power remember, so limitations abound.

Quote Originally Posted by FalconX2000 View Post

Name: Holly Sinclair

Height: 5'10

Weight: 132lbs

Description: Lean and Athletic, brown hair, amber eyes

Gang Affiliation: D Ring Boys

Stats

Physicality: 10
    Marksmenship:
    Skill: 1
    Power: 4

Skill Sets:
    Driving I (Free), Vehicle Maintenance I (Free)

The Shadow
    Holly has power over shadows, both physical and mental. Present ability allows her to:
    Power level 3: Mask her presence in darker areas or at night

Biography:
    In Gridport's relatively quiet suburbs, Holly was born the daughter of Albert and Haruka Sinclair. Her parents paid their dues to the Jovies, the local mafia, and were largely left to run their restaurant in peace. A natural athlete, she grew up a happy tomboy, her days filled with school, sports and martial arts classes.

When she got older, she filled her teenager white hair generation quota with her parents through motorcycling. Still, it was hardly the worst hobby her parents could think of their daughter picking up, and they supported her as they could, indulging her various driving lessons and setting aside space in the garage for her to tinker. It helped that Albert was an amateur car enthusiast himself, and there was little he loved more than working and talking with his daughter.

Then came the Habert Meltdown. Top members of the Jovie family gathered one afternoon at Habert's House, the Sinclair family restaurant, for a meal and meeting. Not one of them left alive. Unbeknownst to the average Joe, heat had been quietly building between the Jovies and their new rivals the Kenchelskys for some time. The Kenchelskys decided to strike first and hard. They drove by, three cars full, and unloaded a wall of lead into the restaurant, threw in a grenade for good measure, then drove off again. Among the dead was Holly's mother.

The Kenchelskys didn't last very long after that. The cops barely touched them, but no gang, especially a small, relatively minor one like them, could endure the heat they kept attracting. Rival gangs ripped them apart before long.

That was small comfort to Holly. Her family was shattered, their business ruined. It was hard to accept. She withdrew into herself, dropped out of college, took part in illegal night racing, got drunk.

In recent months, she has picked herself back up. Her old, lighter personality has resurfaced, much to her father's relief. She has found work transporting in Gridport, and she's gotten herself noticed enough by the D Ring Boys to be offered an in.

Personality:

Holly is generally a friendly and upbeat individual. Whether it's revving her engine before a race, cheering on the Gridport Goliaths from a pub TV or playing pirates with a child, she likes getting into the spirit of things.

However, her disposition gets a lot more sinister and malicious when she dons her motorcycle helmet. Holly still carries a lot of pain and anger at what the mafia world did to her family, and when the visor comes down she lets the latter find targets to sink her teeth into.

She is willing to smuggle goods, play enforcer and do most other things the Family might call on her to do. It comes with the territory. But she will refuse assassinations outright.
    Well, you get points for using Akira from Rival Schools as an image reference.

Having a zero in Marksmanship is dangerous. Well, having a zero in anything except Power is dangerous. In the case of Marksmanship, it means that your character is going to be utterly awful at aiming things and hitting people in combat and poor at defending herself. Remember, Marksmanship isn't just about guns. You might want to put at least one point into Marksmanship so that you don't have to operate at a penalty.

Otherwise, your backstory is good. Biker gangs are an element of Gridport that I plan to expand upon a bit so Holly will be in good company. Also nice to see someone who is actively opposed to killing.

Also, added your Skill Set costs.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'd rather that Dwayne would have to designate friendlies manually as he's setting up the field and then if a new friend turns up, it still disrupts the field. This is still an E Rank power remember, so limitations abound.

Well, you get points for using Akira from Rival Schools as an image reference.

Having a zero in Marksmanship is dangerous. Well, having a zero in anything except Power is dangerous. In the case of Marksmanship, it means that your character is going to be utterly awful at aiming things and hitting people in combat and poor at defending herself. Remember, Marksmanship isn't just about guns. You might want to put at least one point into Marksmanship so that you don't have to operate at a penalty.

Otherwise, your backstory is good. Biker gangs are an element of Gridport that I plan to expand upon a bit so Holly will be in good company. Also nice to see someone who is actively opposed to killing.

Also, added your Skill Set costs.
    Oh, marksmanship is about hitting people with stuff other than guns? Didn't know that. Will reweigh stats based on that.

Holly might eventually find herself with no other choice but to do it, but her mother was killed in a hit job. She's not touching that sort of task.

I loved playing Shoma in my entirely ameteur, clueless days when Rival Schools could still be found in the arcade. But I was always a big fan of Akira's character design.
    Last edited by FalconX2000; 01-22-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Oh, marksmanship is about hitting people with stuff other than guns? Didn't know that. Will reweigh stats based on that.
    Your stats look more healthy now.

What does "power level 3:" refer to?

Holly might eventually find herself with no other choice but to do it, but her mother was killed in a hit job. She's not touching that sort of task.
    Hoo hoo hoo. ^_^

I loved playing Shoma in my entirely ameteur, clueless days when Rival Schools could still be found in the arcade. But I was always a big fan of Akira's character design.
    I had Project Justice on my Dreamcast. I played... well... my main team was Normal Batsu, Kyosuke and Daigo. I had a soft spot for Akira, especially powered Akira. I'd usually put her in with Edge and Incho...

Ahhh... good times.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Well, gosh.

Don't hold your breath, guys. When I post my character tonight, it won't be as good as Falcon's.

Your stats look more healthy now.

What does "power level 3:" refer to?
    Oops. Forgot to delete that part. It's irrelevant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Well, gosh.

Don't hold your breath, guys. When I post my character tonight, it won't be as good as Falcon's.
    Thank you kindly, but I'm sure you'll post something so horrifying it'll loop back around and be totally awesome.

Thank you kindly, but I'm sure you'll post something so horrifying it'll loop back around and be totally awesome.
    Aw, you're welcome.

But you're totally overestimating me, Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Aw, you're welcome.

But you're totally overestimating me, Falcon.
    I look forward to seeing what you do.

Follow me on Tumblr!

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

I have to say Daigo was cool and all but

THE MAN
    THE MYTH
    THE LEGEND OF MATHEMATICS
    HIDEO SHIMAZU>the rest

srsly though, Daigo was a beast no pun intended
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Your power might need revision. Essentially, you're looking at an activated boost to your Skill. That's fine if that's what you want but we'd need to nail down what the boost is and how often you can use it.
    That works. So, when do we nail that down?
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Nik just wanted to let you know I've shifted points for Mayumi and removed her power completely.
    Armored Frame Division #27: Starlancer Flight - Roland Vance Xel'Tais

Edited Jack again. Trying to maintain the character as a guy in it for the lulz while giving him a bit more depth. I'll probably keep editing and nitpicking until the deadline though, so I guess don't really bother looking at the character sheet until then.
    Last edited by Ptrvc; 01-22-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Is there an ETA on the gun tables?
    Hey! No one's asking you to smell it.

Ack, sorry. 'Tonight' will have to be pushed back to tomorrow.

Things happened, terribly boring things that drained my will to create.

I'll have my character's profile up here tomorrow.
    Умереть за меня!