Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Well, Marvel didn't freak out and change the course of Amazing Spider-Man based on the 2012 film, so I am going to say that no, they won't freak out and change the course of a Spider-Man villain (Superior or whatever we have at the time) based on the next Amazing Spider-Man film. If that were happening, Gwen Stacy would be back in some manner. Right?

Anyway, I am just hoping Electro in the next movie isn't a total cluster. Sounds pretty iffy so far.
    You do remember that they gave Spidey organic webbing in the books around the same time as the Raimi films, right? And that they did it in the most rediculous manner possible right? (Spidey mutating into a giant spider and then getting pregnant and giving birth to himself.) They also gave Sandman a "daughter" (not biological) during "the Gauntlet" sometime after Spider-Man 3.

I assume they'll go the same route, but instead of something simple like a new guy, who's black, gains electric powers and steals Max's identity we'll learn that Max was actually black all the time, and just running around in "white face" or whatever.

The films and comics MUST be identical or Marvel will lose TPB sales!!!!

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

have none of you seen the movie 'Shocker?' there's no need to replace Max Dillon. have his electrical form possess someone. problem solved. your welcome.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ckerposter.jpg
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    And then there was that story where Electro became so powerful Spidey had to team up with X-Man to stop him. ASM 425, I think.
    Ah, yes. The 90's. Remember when that new thug, Tarantula, was so powerful, he beat the crap out of and went undefeated against Spidey!? Then he went on to tear the world a new one by... being a secondary character in Daredevil and Spider-Girl...

Electro's got seniority, but not much else.
    Last edited by David_99; 01-18-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Electro's actually had at least two big moments:

In PAD's Return of the Sin-Eater, Electro discovered that Peter's wall-crawling abilities work off static electricity...and he gave him a good beating. Then he publicly humiliated Spider-Man on a live talk show. They never followed up on the static thing to my knowledge.

And then there was that story where Electro became so powerful Spidey had to team up with X-Man to stop him. ASM 425, I think.
    Yeah, didnt they upgrade his (Electros) powers in ASM #425? I think Skroce was the artist or something like that, I remember Spidey made an Electroproof suit that was really ugly....also, didn't Electro desrroy the Bugle in The Guantlet or am I remembering that wrong?
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Electro's actually had at least two big moments:

In PAD's Return of the Sin-Eater, Electro discovered that Peter's wall-crawling abilities work off static electricity...and he gave him a good beating. Then he publicly humiliated Spider-Man on a live talk show. They never followed up on the static thing to my knowledge.

I seem to remember reading that Electro is potentially one of the most powerful villains, but he is basically too much of a dumbass to realize it. It seems like he is always working for somebody, robbing a bank, or plotting revenge. I have always liked his original costume too. Who cares if its ridiculous? It looks cool.

Do I think there will be? Yes
    Do I like it? No
    I always liked Electro, the fact that he has potential to be very powerful, yet too mentally unstable to reach that potential has always left the window open for great things- unfortunately no one has exploited it.

What is with comic book black guys and electricity related powers?

Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    What is with comic book black guys and electricity related powers?

Probably coincidental for some. Especially if race was decided after character was designed. By that, I am saying an attempt at diversity, but ending up as cliche.

I wanna hear you scream Kevinroc's Avatar

Black Vulcan exists only because there were disputes with Tony Isabella over Black Lightning at the time. Black Vulcan's a stand-in for Jefferson Pierce.
    The monster saved them all. And in their fear, they betrayed him. As they always have. As they always will.

My Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    have none of you seen the movie 'Shocker?' there's no need to replace Max Dillon. have his electrical form possess someone. problem solved. your welcome.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ckerposter.jpg
    That might work. It would also be an odd conflict for the current Spidey.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I 'spose so.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Black Vulcan exists only because there were disputes with Tony Isabella over Black Lightning at the time. Black Vulcan's a stand-in for Jefferson Pierce.
    It's still an overused cliche.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I could see it like Dexter Bennet gets a guy to have electrical powers to get revenge on Electro

In terms of Electros costume, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed it up to something similar and more realistic to the movie. But I don't think they'll suddenly make him black. I would personally love some more added attention to Max in the comics due to the movie. He's one of my favorite Spidey villains, and I feel writers never take full advantage of him. He can be very interesting, and can easily be one of THE strongest villains in the Marvel U. I think Waid did a good job of bringing him back, and even touched on him being extremely powerful, but not having the discipline and drive to use it. A Spidey event where Electro finally pushes himself to his potential would be very awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Probably coincidental for some. Especially if race was decided after character was designed. By that, I am saying an attempt at diversity, but ending up as cliche.
    It's convoluted.

Electicity's a useful superpower, so Black Lightning, consciously created to be a top-tier DC superhero, was given those abilities.
    Kevinroc explained the story behind Black Vulcan.
    Static was simply the most successful of the Milestone heroes.

Cardiac was another black guy with electric powers, although I don't know if that was a conscious attempt to duplicate anything. I suspect that David Michelinie came up with the idea of a vigilante doctor with electric powers before deciding that Spider-Man's rogues gallery could use some diversity.

As for casting Jamie Foxx as Electro, it's a combination of concluding that he's the right man for the job, Sony deciding to use a classic villain who hadn't been in the original Raimi trilogy and could fit into the arc of the Webb/ Maguire trilogy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?