Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Marvel April 2013 Solicitations

ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #25
    BRIAN WOOD (W) • MAHMUD ASRAR (A)
    Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    "NATURAL RESOURCES" CONTINUES!
    • Utopia thrives, but at what cost?
    Mach Two's jungle insurgency
    • Eyes In The Sky - who's watching the mutants?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

ULTIMATE COMICS WOLVERINE #3 (OF 4)
    CULLEN BUNN (W) • DAVID MESSINA (A)
    Cover by AXEL TORVENIUS
    • A story from Wolverine's past is revealed! Who is the mother of his son?
    • The terrifying potential of Project: Mothervine is unleashed!
    • Jimmy Hudson is caught in a brutal life-and-death battle he can't hope to win... against the brother he never knew he had!

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates, Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers and Superior Spider-Man and All-New X-Men.

Default Marvel April 2013 Solicitations

ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #22
    "VENOM WARS" CONCLUSION!
    • Venom versus Spidey! The Final Showdown!
    • How does Gwen Stacy figure into it and how will it change her and Miles' life forever?
    • Guest-Starring Mary Jane Watson!

ULTIMATE COMICS ULTIMATES #24
    SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • JOE BENNETT (A)
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO
    The pulse-pounding finale of "RECONSTRUCTION"!
    • Ultimates vs. West Coast Ultimates!
    • Can America survive a super-powered battle royale?

• A momentous decision to change the Ultimates -- and the country -- forever!

Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates, Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers and Superior Spider-Man and All-New X-Men.

Sounds great! I require covers :)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Here's the Ultimates cover. Looks like Ultimate Tigra and Wonder Man(?) on the West Coast team

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Here's the Ultimates cover. Looks like Ultimate Tigra and Wonder Man(?) on the West Coast team

I noticed Thor doesn't have a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post

Is that Ultimate Quake at the bottom fighting the archer?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenComixEnvy View Post
    Is that Ultimate Quake at the bottom fighting the archer?
    That's what I was thinking. Also Jimmy has a long lost brother???
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Initial thoughts:

-Kind of bummed that they showed us the Ultimates #24 cover already, since it spoils some of the new members.
    -Love that Kitty Pryde cover. So much.
    -Sara Pichelli is my best friend. Or at least, I wish she was. She was born to draw Spider-man.
    -Despite being pretty cluttered, I'm digging that Deodato cover for Ultimates. His Cap and Thor are both great.
    -Awesome that Gwen and MJ are going to be in Venom Wars. Possibly the return of Gwen-Carnage?!
    -The Wolverine variant sure looks like Quicksilver to me. Is his brotherhood finally back? That's pretty awesome.
    -Is Quicksilver the brother?
    -Does this mean that Wolverine REALLY IS Wanda/Quicksilver's dad?
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I'm not a huge fan of Deodato. I think I got burned out on him in New Avengers, he always had to draw the Avengers eating and it got annoying. Transfered annoyance and it's not even his fault.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Deodato. I think I got burned out on him in New Avengers, he always had to draw the Avengers eating and it got annoying. Transfered annoyance and it's not even his fault.
    I'm right there with you. I couldn't stand his New Avengers run. But his Thuderbolts run is some of the best art I've ever seen. And his Dark Avengers was really good too. But he doesn't fit everywhere. I like this cover quite a bit (it will look a lot better with the banner), but I don't know if I'd want him on interiors.

That is the greatest Venom cover since Amazing Spider-Man 347. Jesus that thing looks monstrous...plus Miles actually looks like a 12-13 year old playing super-hero.

BANNED

The UCXM cover is gorgeous. The art reminds me a lot of Fiona Staples in Saga. The words "Mach Two's jungle insurgency" excites me to no end! Jungle Insurgency? Wow. Sounds like it's going to be one epic finale to the Natural Resources arc. And then it's onto X-War!

UC: Wolverine looks like it's going to be a great series. Any clue who that guy is on the new cover to #3? I expect it's Pietro Lensherr. Jimmy's half brother. It's quite obvious actually. It's a bit of a shame how Marvel are so quick to reveal almost entire story before it's even released. Jimmy's mother is Magneto's former wife and mother to Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. It's a great cover too.

But UCSM is by far my favourite cover though. I just can't find the words to describe how incredible it looks. I'm in awe of it. And IT'S THE RETURN OF GWEN-CARNAGE!! Didn't I tell you this back in December! :D

Last but not least, the UC: The Ultimates looks pretty sweet. Can't say I'm likely to be too disappointed by a huge superhero showdown such as this, so I reckon I'll enjoy it. I'm glad the arc will be finishing. Hopefully it's Humphries' last.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 01-18-2013 at 11:13 AM.

That could either be Wonderman or Vision on the Ultimates cover... I hope it's not Vision because there better be a good explanation why she's a man again :P I'd say its Wonderman though.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    That could either be Wonderman or Vision on the Ultimates cover... I hope it's not Vision because there better be a good explanation why she's a man again :P I'd say its Wonderman though.
    I'd say Wonderman, considering the W on his chest.

wonderman, tigra and quake