Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Burnham Busts Up New "Ghostbusters" Ongoing Series

Writer Erik Burnham tells CBR about IDW's February "Ghostbusters" relaunch, spilling details about his new Ghostbusters team and revealing what happened to Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Writer Erik Burnham tells CBR about IDW's February "Ghostbusters" relaunch, spilling details about his new Ghostbusters team and revealing what happened to Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston.

Full article here.
    RUBBISH...d original Ghost Busters team r d ONLY Ghostbusters team & none else.

Sooooooooooooooo not interestd.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    RUBBISH...d original Ghost Busters team r d ONLY Ghostbusters team & none else.
    Sooooooooooooooo not interestd.
    Did you read the interview? The original team is still going to be part of the story, and they'll be back full time within a few issues. This is just a "B-team rescues the A-team" storyline, not a reboot.

I have to admit I do enjoy this series and I cannot wait to read how the new team turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by weeji View Post
    Did you read the interview? The original team is still going to be part of the story, and they'll be back full time within a few issues. This is just a "B-team rescues the A-team" storyline, not a reboot.
    Being informed about the topic of discussion gets in the way of complaining about it.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title

Ghostbusters was my favorite comic book of last year. When I first heard about this, I was highly skeptical. The initial word made it sound like the original Ghostbusters would be gone and the book would just follow the new group as they searched for them, with the originals never being seen. But once Burnham started doing some interviews explaining the situation more fully (saying the originals would still be seen within the book), I was okay with the idea of a new group and am now fully on board.

I still don't like the idea of Janine being a Ghostbuster, because that's a story angle I just never cared for when it was done previously. But considering how great I thought the previous comic was, I'm more than willing to give it a chance here.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

This relaunch has got me interested in giving the series a shot. I always did like the Ghostbusters.

The previous on-going was pretty good too, yes? Same creative team too?

Same creative team. The previous ongoing was terrific. As a fan, it had pretty much everything I wanted, and there are lots of little in-jokes and references for die hard fans to enjoy picking out. Give it a shot. I don't think you'll be disappointed. With the exception of the last few issues, I think all the arcs up to (and including) "Haunted America" have been released in trades.
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

I'm sad we lost Jones but still looking forward to it!
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

This was easily in my top 3 books of 2012 and I am very much looking forward to seeing how this book does going forward. It's truly been a love letter to Ghostbuster's fans so I'm sure the creative team will make this "new" team pretty interesting and I am more than willing to give them 5 or 6 issues to tell a great story with them.

Seems pointless to build up this new team then drop them after the first storyline ends
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

I imagine they will still be around in some capacity. They've been seen individually before this arc, and we'll probably still see them after it as well.

I'm a little surprised that "Rookie" from the video game isn't part of the new team, considering that we have seen him in the comic.

The lava is plan B. BeastieRunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I imagine they will still be around in some capacity. They've been seen individually before this arc, and we'll probably still see them after it as well.

I'm a little surprised that "Rookie" from the video game isn't part of the new team, considering that we have seen him in the comic.
    I have a feeling when all is said and done, part of the new team (everyone but Janine) will be shipped out to Rookie since he can't hire new people.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 01-19-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    "Thus Spake Dr. Dinosaur, King of Time: Adios Morons!" -- Dr. Dinosaur

it just seems such a shame to waste these characters on one storyline then throw them away and have them only making brief appearances in future issues
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    it just seems such a shame to waste these characters on one storyline then throw them away and have them only making brief appearances in future issues
    I think you might be jumping to assumptions.