Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Default Batwoman 16 Preview

The Wonder Woman teamup continues...

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multime...id=4790&page=4

While feeling mysteriously responsible for Medusa, Wonder Woman ranks herself pretty highly; she says "I know of only two, perhaps three, people who could face [the Hydra]," and then says "I can defeat the Hydra."

So, the Hydra can be faced by Wonder Woman, Superman (I'm guessing), or "perhaps"...Martian Manhunter? Shazam (if this is happening after JL 17 or 18)? Zatanna or some other top magician?

BANNED

Well number 2 is (to me) obviously Heracles who killed the original.
    I doubt the third is Superman, because his morals normally forbids him from killing.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    So, the Hydra can be faced by Wonder Woman, Superman (I'm guessing), or "perhaps"...Martian Manhunter? Shazam (if this is happening after JL 17 or 18)? Zatanna or some other top magician?
    No, Batman...with one punch...or a batarang.

:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 01-18-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Heh. I forgot about that guy.

I doubt the third is Superman, because his morals normally forbids him from killing.
    Yeah, but she says "face," not "kill." Wonder Woman probably knows that Superman finds non-lethal ways to win.

BANNED

Yeah, but she says "face," not "kill." Wonder Woman probably knows that Superman finds non-lethal ways to win.
    The problem with that wording 'to face' is that it's not excluding anyone really. I mean, everyone can get in front of the Hydra and challenge it, but what Diana means is that she and Heracles (and number 3) are the only ones who are going to have a chance at actually killing it, everyone else is going to to be turned into pulp in short order.

Veteran Member

The problem with that wording 'to face' is that it's not excluding anyone really. I mean, everyone can get in front of the Hydra and challenge it, but what Diana means is that she and Heracles (and number 3) are the only ones who are going to have a chance at actually killing it, everyone else is going to to be turned into pulp in short order.
    OR that she and Heracles and number three are the only ones who stand a chance of defeating it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    No, Batman...with one punch...or a batarang.

:rolleyes:
    In that case, the third must be Milan.

All his flies would turn into stone
    Sexism: men are from Ares, women are from Aphrodite.

BANNED

OR that she and Heracles and number three are the only ones who stand a chance of defeating it.
    True and it's what I normally take it and similar wordings as.

Veteran Member

Now that the book's out,

spoilers:
    I think she meant Superman and Green Lantern, since she mentions that their powers would come in handy in slaying the hydra She does fine herself, though, by swinging her sword so fast that it superheats, melts the hydras scales, and prevents its heads from growing back. She also uses the lasso. There's a nice spread of her in rapid action against the monster.

I guess she just doesn't think of Hercules because she's talking about the hear and now, and Hercules, as far as we've seen so far, doesn't seem to be around or active (though Apollo those seem to allude to him as "the Lion" is issue 13).
    end of spoilers

I wonder where this will go ;)
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Wow... Pretty art, but this was a little bit of a let down. I would've traded some of those pretty splash pages for a little bit more story progression.

Now that the book's out,

spoilers:
    I think she meant Superman and Green Lantern, since she mentions that their powers would come in handy in slaying the hydra She does fine herself, though, by swinging her sword so fast that it superheats, melts the hydras scales, and prevents its heads from growing back. She also uses the lasso. There's a nice spread of her in rapid action against the monster.

I guess she just doesn't think of Hercules because she's talking about the hear and now, and Hercules, as far as we've seen so far, doesn't seem to be around or active (though Apollo those seem to allude to him as "the Lion" is issue 13).
    end of spoilers
    Is she flying in this issue?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Is she flying in this issue?
    I don't think so--while her feet don't seem to touch the ground in the one two-page splash where she's in action, I read it more as jumping around than as actual flying. I wouldn't take that as evidence that she can't fly, though, because it doesn't seem like she would particularly need to fly in this issue. She does appear to be moving very fast.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

I think the point here is we can all name a half dozen people who could beat it, no matter what the writer has Diana saying.

Based on his own title Superman would just hollow out Mount Everest and drop it over it. End of fight.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”